PDA

View Full Version : Thankgiving weekend

multimoto
11-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Does anyone know if there are any track days over thanksgiving weekend at Parumph, Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, etc?

Thanks,

Waxerdog
11-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Most everyone likes to shut down for the 4 day weekend, but I did see that Fast Track Riders has this:

11/26-27 California Speedway, Fontana, CA

multimoto
11-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Most everyone likes to shut down for the 4 day weekend, but I did see that Fast Track Riders has this:

11/26-27 California Speedway, Fontana, CA

Perfect... Has anyone ever done Fast Track Riders track days?

Opinions?

Thanks!

lawman800
11-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Been doing fast track since 02. Great group and I love Cal Speedway although it's been gettin' a bit crowded lately. I already signed up for the 27th but I think the 26th is sold out.

Met up with BoogerRed yesterday at Streets of Willow. I also think there's something at WSIR over Thanksgiving weekend with TrackDaz or MTC and a few guys here are going to that.

RSV1000RnAZ
11-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Theres a trackday at Willow Springs 26th and 27th. Ill be there Sat. Trackdayz is supporting the event. 130.00

Waxerdog
11-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Wow, was that a last minute add in? I'd been watching the one for the 7th and all that was left was the race group so I didn't go but don't remember seeing the one for the holiday at that time. :WTF:

multimoto
11-11-2005, 09:44 PM
This will be the first track day for me. Of the 2 tracks which one do you prefer riding? Which one do you think is better for a first time track day?

I have riden MX tracks for years so I am used to riding around other riders, but not on the Tuono.

Thanks

lawman800
11-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Hate to say it but Willow and Streets of Willow are 2nd rate in comparison to Cal Speedway. The facilities are shite and the tracks are dangerous. There's very little runoff and you run into dirt and sand. People die at WSIR when they lose it in turns 8 and 9 and hit that wall. In comparison, Cal provides paddocks and pits for everyone so you can stay out of the elements with your ride. Plugs are included for tire warmers. For those who don't believe in tire warmers, feel free to let the racers in MotoGP, WSBk, AMA and BSB know. Cal also has a much safer setup with generous runoffs and a medical facility onsite. I think the closest Willow has is the one 11 miles away in Lancaster. If you need any intensive care, Kaiser Hospital is 2 freeway exits away while the local trauma center, Arrowhead, is 7 freeway exits away in Colton. Just my thoughts why I rather pay $250 per trackday at Cal than $95-$130 at Willow.

Read the FAQ and track info at Fast Track's site and you'll see.

http://www.fasttrackriders.com

multimoto
11-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Hate to say it but Willow and Streets of Willow are 2nd rate in comparison to Cal Speedway. The facilities are shite and the tracks are dangerous. There's very little runoff and you run into dirt and sand. People die at WSIR when they lose it in turns 8 and 9 and hit that wall. In comparison, Cal provides paddocks and pits for everyone so you can stay out of the elements with your ride. Plugs are included for tire warmers. For those who don't believe in tire warmers, feel free to let the racers in MotoGP, WSBk, AMA and BSB know. Cal also has a much safer setup with generous runoffs and a medical facility onsite. I think the closest Willow has is the one 11 miles away in Lancaster. If you need any intensive care, Kaiser Hospital is 2 freeway exits away while the local trauma center, Arrowhead, is 7 freeway exits away in Colton. Just my thoughts why I rather pay $250 per trackday at Cal than $95-$130 at Willow.

Read the FAQ and track info at Fast Track's site and you'll see.

http://www.fasttrackriders.com

Lawman,

Thanks for the great overview of both. I live in San Diego so California Speedway is a much better option for me.

I think I will try to get in on SAt or Sun.

lawman800
11-12-2005, 12:51 AM
Lawman,

Thanks for the great overview of both. I live in San Diego so California Speedway is a much better option for me.

I think I will try to get in on SAt or Sun.

Sat is sold out, I am signed up for Sunday. If you do get there on the 27th, look for me on my #468 Suzuki. If it's your first time, I recommend their novice group with the new riders' school. It's worth the extra $100 for the instruction and the certificate afterwards.