PDA

View Full Version : Supermotards

RSV Racing
11-06-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm trying to catch up with the new models, but I have a question. Besides one having ligths and the other not having lights, what are the differences between the SXV being raced and the one in the pics with lights. Is it just the additiones of lights, or have they lower the component quality/performance for the street version. Is there going to be a higher model (ohlins like the factory) or are they all the same? Thanks.
:peace:

JoeKher
11-09-2005, 08:35 AM
The answer is.....No one knows for sure.

The street one is suppose to be better on service and detuned a bit from the race version to help motor longevity.

Ohlins? Ohlins can be bought. Don't worry about that yet. Just be thankful we may actually see this thing in the states. Upgraded/R versions will come, but for now I just want the bike to be available!

11-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Actually I read somewhere that Aprilia said something to the effect that the SXV motor has proven it's self under harsh race conditions without failure and because of that it wont be changed for street applications other than redline, fuel mapping & ignition timing. That just what I read somewhere.

JoeKher
11-10-2005, 08:48 AM
That may be true as the US dealers said bring it as is and they didn't want to wait for a reengineered street version. The Italians were a little stuborn :bond: about it, but it is on its way!