PDA

View Full Version : SXV @ the International Motorcycle Show?

11-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone on these boards knew if Aprilia was planning on showing the SXV at the upcomming series of shows. Show Info (http://show.motorcycleshows.com/IMSBrandManager/v42/index.cvn)
I'm from Dallas and our show is this comming Sunday, thanks for any info. JP

duc slayer
11-01-2005, 04:21 PM
I would have to assume that they will, they have been showing it in various places since Laguna Seca.

lepeeps
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
well if it's any indication, they did have the bike at the moto gp at Laguna last July so if they had it then hopefully they would have it for the show. maybe your local dealer would know...

Dvus
11-01-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm hoping it'll show up at the shows. That's the only thing I want to see at the Seattle show that and maybe the KTMs

brif4i
11-01-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm hoping it'll show up at the shows. That's the only thing I want to see at the Seattle show that and maybe the KTMs
I agree with that. I may not even go this year as there is not a whole heck of a lot out there that strikes my fancy

11-02-2005, 01:44 PM
What I'm hoping for is that they will show the road version like the one at the Paris cycle show, and that it will be on full display so that the show-goers can acutally sit on the bike and get a feel for it.

wicho
11-02-2005, 10:23 PM
i dont think they will have the road version until they confirm that they are going to bing them over to the states and to have it on full display would be a pain in the ass for the couse they would have to have a guy sitting there watching it the whole time even though i hoppe they do.

JoeKher
11-03-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm hoping it'll show up at the shows. That's the only thing I want to see at the Seattle show that and maybe the KTMsI saw the bike at Mid Ohio and would love to see a more production version street or race at the IMS.

KTM doesn't do the IMS shows as a company. They leave it up to local dealers to represent the brand if they want to (with theirown bikes). Since the 950sm won't be in country till spring time I doubt any dealer will have one for the show. My dealer does the show and is begging the rep to secure one of the couple that are in country for the Detroit show. I hope it works!

calpolo17
11-09-2005, 03:29 PM
So did anyone go and can they confirm if the bike was at this show? Im only going to go to our local show if the bike is going to be there.

11-09-2005, 08:06 PM
They had a the race version there. A few thoughts on it.... 1. I can't believe how light the bike feels between your legs, it's insane really....2. It's a bit taller than I expected in the pics I have both wheels & feet on the ground and as you can see I can't flat-foot it, BTW I'm 6" tall....3. God I hope the street version comes with more padding on the seat, my ass hurt from just 5 minutes of sitting on it.

All in all I was really impressed with it. The bike was pretty solid (ie good fit and finish) for a race bike mock-up. I can imagine that the street version will have a far superior fit and finish to other motards, and again the amazingly low weight left a big impression. BTW the also had the new Husky SM610 motard there too, it nice but felt a lot heavier than the SXV.

Here's a pic. Sorry the camera on my phone sucks.

Dvus
11-09-2005, 08:31 PM
They had a the race version there. A few thoughts on it.... 1. I can't believe how light the bike feels between your legs, it's insane really....2. It's a bit taller than I expected in the pics I have both wheels & feet on the ground and as you can see I can't flat-foot it, BTW I'm 6" tall....3. God I hope the street version comes with more padding on the seat, my ass hurt from just 5 minutes of sitting on it.

All in all I was really impressed with it. The bike was pretty solid (ie good fit and finish) for a race bike mock-up. I can imagine that the street version will have a far superior fit and finish to other motards, and again the amazingly low weight left a big impression. BTW the also had the new Husky SM610 motard there too, it nice but felt a lot heavier than the SXV.

Can't wait to see that thing. I spoke to the dealer today and they said the big dealer meeting is next weekend so after that hopefully more information will be given out. Suppose to see the Race versions before the year end. So hopefully a race version will be at the dealer show. COME ON HURRY!!!

RSV4ME
11-10-2005, 07:21 AM
Maybe it was the missing crank, rods, pistons, oil, coolant, fuel and gear sets that made it feel so light? :happy: Must have been very cool to sit on though. :rambo:

clarkie49
11-10-2005, 08:31 AM
yep, always lighter with no engine internals ;)

11-10-2005, 08:47 PM
yep, always lighter with no engine internals ;)

Are you guys sure there were no engine internals? The brakes were bedded and the engine marked up like it had taken a few spills. Still, you could glue a 30lb dumbell to the side of the engine and it would still be amazing.

JoeKher
11-11-2005, 08:14 AM
The bike was the championship FIM supermoto, but the Italians don't trust the fine folks at Aprilia USA not to ride it around!

clarkie49
11-11-2005, 08:22 AM
that's not surprising, you dont want to know how many times the Troy Corser SBK has been pulled apart since it got to the US :D

JoeKher
11-11-2005, 08:24 AM
that's not surprising, you dont want to know how many times the Troy Corser SBK has been pulled apart since it got to the US :D :funnypost
All in the name of SCIENCE!