PDA

View Full Version : Hit And Run Driver Caught

TJsAprilia
10-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks to everyone from Aprilia Forum for showing their support!!

See People, They Do Not Always Get Away!!!

Anaheim sister, brother arrested in hit-and-run death
A Moreno Valley motorcyclist was struck while stoppedon the shoulder of the 91 Freeway in late August.

By JOHN McDONALD
The Orange County Register

SANTA ANA A sister and brother from Anaheim were arrested in connection with the hit-and-run death of a motorcycle rider who was killed Aug. 31 on the Riverside (91) Freeway, the California Highway Patrol reported Friday.

Concepci?n Efugia Olarte, 31, surrendered Wednesday to the CHP in the company of a lawyer. Olarte was charged Friday with hit and run resulting in a death, as well as driving without a license.

Officials said she acknowledged feeling a bump and seeing a motorcyclist injured, then left the scene in east Anaheim to make a telephone call.

Her brother, Jos?Luis Ceballos, 36, was arrested Friday and held on suspicion of accessory after the fact. CHP officers said he is accused of helping his sister cover up evidence of the crime.

The accident resulted in the death of David Matthew Ghiloni, 36, of Moreno Valley, who was killed beside his motorcycle on the right shoulder of the road, investigators said.

Richard Ghiloni, the victim's brother, said he was glad an arrest had been made but disappointed that no homicide charge had been filed.

"Right now, I can't understand the logic of this person hitting my brother and leaving the scene and not being charged with manslaughter," he said. "If she surrendered the next day, it would have been one thing, but it was six weeks before she gave herself up."

Last week, his family offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for David Ghiloni's death.

CHP Lt. Ken Rosenberg said several leads resulting from the reward were checked, but the case was broken by investigators tracking replacement parts for a Ford Explorer. The side rear-view mirror and a door-trim panel from the suspect's car had been found at the scene, Rosenberg said.

Olarte was being held Friday in Orange County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bail in the hit-and-run case, and without bail on an immigration hold.

windy
11-17-2005, 07:07 AM
TJS

I'm pleased to see they have caught someone for this crime, I can't imagine what it is like to lose someone close and I hope his family and friends can find some solace in the event of this arrest.

Martin.