Aregata4x4
07-22-2003, 08:33 AM
Here is my machine!

Aregata4x4
07-22-2003, 08:34 AM
here it is again!

valkmaster
07-22-2003, 08:47 AM
Very sweet !!! How did you mount the driving lights ? Some sort of custom brackets or something ? I was thinking about it myself and like your setup alot.

This is a picture of my stock Capo the day after I got it. I have since fitted the Aprilia saddlebags and Givi windshield. I'm working on the BMW hanguards and Leovinci pipes. The pipes don't fit very well with the saddlebags and the mufflers are touching the mounting brackets. I'm trying to decide if I can live with that. I'll post more pictures soon.

http://www.valkyrieriders.com/ma/valkmaster/capo/03090009.JPG

Aregata4x4
07-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Yes, I have made custom brackets that are attached to crash bars, but I think they are sticking a little too far out, might have to make some changes.

V-MAN
07-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Well I have had mine for two weeks - today! Awesome machine ... I am just about finished with the "break-in" milage and I am looking forward to really opening the bike up to see what she will do.

http://www.v-man.org/images/CapoNord/Awesome1.jpg

Schwarz
07-23-2003, 10:21 AM
My Capo and me in one of the funnier road in Italy, Val Trebbia.
Lampz by Schwarz!

gigabike
07-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Like my friend Schwarz, I like very much to make sparks with footpegs!:D

Dragster pilota
07-24-2003, 02:25 PM
Well it's not mine but I have been driving it fo the last 2 months, the bike is a press-bike belonging to the Scandinavian Aprilia importer , TMP AS in Denmark......

http://www.users.wineasy.se/erasmie/starol/starol0067.jpg
http://www.users.wineasy.se/erasmie/starol/starol0069.jpg
http://www.users.wineasy.se/erasmie/starol/starol0070.jpg
http://www.users.wineasy.se/erasmie/starol/starol0072.jpg

DP says: Looks like I will shortly switch it for a RST1000 Futura, I will really miss the Capo....

Aregata4x4
07-24-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Saganaw
I am interest in your crash bars. Would you share where you got yours. Thanks
Saganaw

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=6792

Capono
07-24-2003, 04:23 PM
http://home.hccnet.nl/web.design/images_motor/aprilia1.jpg

rmandzij
07-30-2003, 12:15 AM
http://photos23.flickr.com/34715243_6c59144777.jpg

Aregata4x4
07-30-2003, 06:51 AM
Rmandzij, can't see the pic.

Micah / AF1 Racing
07-30-2003, 09:32 AM
I am gonna sticky this thread to the top....very cool to see everyone's bikes and riding style.

ScarrJaw
08-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Just got it this week and snapped a pic of it
:http://www.apriliamille.org/capo/CapoCoast.jpg
So far i just love this dirt bike on steroids
Andrew
www.apriliamille.org
:D :D :D :D :D

ScarrJaw
08-09-2003, 05:34 PM
http://www.apriliamille.org/capo/capocoast.jpg
Ok this time it worked...
only 300 miles on it, just bought it.. next hepco becker bags
and the rally raid crash bars... im instanly in love.. man
the seat sucks tho.. talk about hard
Andrew Denton
www.apriliamille.org

sdam
08-19-2003, 03:44 AM
Here it is...
Remote Anafi island, East of Thira (Santorini).
Was a very good companion, the Beast (TM).

sdam
08-19-2003, 03:45 AM
Isn't she impressive? :cool:

skidlid
08-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Are those the Hepco and Becker bars?

sdam
08-20-2003, 03:32 AM
Indeed, they are.
A very good choice, because the first days I got the Capo I managed to have it lying down twice.... Both times stopped, just hadn't get used to its weight. Thanks god for the bars, the bike is fine -the bars have a little scratch on the right side.

Aregata4x4
08-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Her I am!

(diet)DrThunder
08-27-2003, 07:59 AM
The pic above wouldn't happen to be on Grizzly Peak in Berkeley by any chance, taken from The Wall, would it?

I know it seems stupid to think you can recognize a location from such a pic, but it just jumped out at me when I saw it...

Aregata4x4
08-27-2003, 10:34 AM
DrThunder, man you are good!, almost:D
The pic has been taken on the Tail of the Dragon in Smokey Mountains. Move your finger about 2500 miles to the east and you are there;)

Arek

sven
09-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Picked it up this morning and had a nice ride in the Yorkshire Dales and Forest of Bowland (in the norh of England).

Apart from the seat and mirrors (easily modified/changed), it's a great bike :D

dave
09-05-2003, 05:46 AM
Did i read that they are touratech stuff i would like to see how they mount. How solid are they? This is the only draw back with the capos perimiter beam frame; it isnt utiliterian in that you cant just mount stuff on it like you can with an old tube type frame. Still it does give greater stability than the old thing. But being an old fart one does like to hang usefull stuff on so as to make life on the road a little more comfy, and it is hard to find mounting points on this bike.

dave
09-05-2003, 05:59 AM
Still finding my way around the site found more on page 2 and read they are Hepco and becker. still like to know about the mounting points tho. My capo is same as red one in this thread.

dave
09-05-2003, 06:12 AM
I find the seat good on a long trip. Robyn and I comonly do 5-600 ks a day and find the firmness good. Robyn especialy finds the capo more comfy that any other bike we have had so far. We find it great in Australian conditions for the wide mix of road we have. I dont understand why this style of bike is not a much better seller in this country. I have owned this bike about 6 week now and have not seen another one out there yet, though BMW GSs are common as backsides out there. This style of bike is always writen up in reviews a " ideal for our roads" but on Aprilia test ride day when i fell in love with the capo and chose it over a GS 1150, it was the bike that had time slots for test rides going begging.

bmyates
09-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Here's my Capo in the Cascade Mts of Washington state (with two BMW K1200LTs).

Bruce

bmyates
09-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Another photo in the Cascades of Washington State!

parkec
09-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Scarrjaw....Bike looks nice in red!!!!!

sven
09-25-2003, 03:07 PM
More pics at http://www.hondavfrclub.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18923

sven
09-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Dwarfing VFR's in Ullapool

ScarrJaw
09-26-2003, 02:08 AM
http://www.apriliamille.org/capo/bags.jpg
Now with hepco Becker giant bags!
Andrew
www.apriliamille.org

Skywalker
10-22-2003, 06:37 PM
Here's my three-week old Capo! Still waiting on the Aprilia side bags (the first set arrived looking like a gorilla got hold of 'em!) and a Givi windshield.

After riding a BMW F650 for three years, the Aprilia feels like a rocket! What a wonderful scoot...

erikthered
10-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Is that a 2002? Where did you get the handguards? Looks nice in red....

Skywalker
10-24-2003, 12:44 AM
Hi, Erikthered!

Yep, mine's a 2002. Got it from my dealer for $7,900. The handguards are for a BMW R1150GS. An almost perfect fit!

silvercapo
10-29-2003, 10:55 PM
At Deal's Gap - famous motorcycle road in the mountains of North Carolina.

bmyates
10-30-2003, 01:03 AM
Jack,

I just rode Deal's Gap for the first time in August, and loved it, but I was on my BMW K1200LT instead of my Capo (as much as I love the Capo, it's not the LD bike the K1200LT is, and since Seattle is 2,800+ miles from NC...).

I'll bet the Gap (318 curves in 11 miles) was a BLAST on the Capo!:peace:

Satellitebikema
11-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Ive attached a photo of my 2002 model in the goldfields in the mid north of New.South.Wales.(Australia) on a recent gold camping tour,even though it's not meant for it,it handled all the rock and sand tracks that I threw at it,then another 800ks of bitumen to get home,great bike.
:D

Satellitebikema
11-14-2003, 05:40 AM
Having another go:D

dave
11-16-2003, 01:45 AM
G day fellow red capo owner i come from ballarat. spent a week in adelaide hills in august had a ball. no photos worked out though; may have to do it again. dont see many others out there do you.

dave
11-17-2003, 04:50 AM
got a message in my email saying you had posted a reply cant find it in this tread. where did you post it to. am interested in more contact with other aprilia riders especially other capo riders

clutch
11-20-2003, 09:57 PM
Those are really nice pictures. i wish I was there.

clutch
11-20-2003, 10:20 PM
Hey Silver Capo:

When did you go down there? I went down there in May and it was a blast!!! I wish I could have stayed longer. :peace:

XPADREX
11-21-2003, 03:20 PM
:banana:

Aprilianator
11-25-2003, 10:48 PM
Rural Kentucky...

dave
11-26-2003, 03:01 AM
dude replace that side stand. that lovely lady will finish up upside down in those bushes. My capo is same colour... beauuuutifull.....

Aprilianator
11-26-2003, 08:16 AM
Its ok :) $$$ is for heated gear right now, it's not broke so no fixie

Devers
12-02-2003, 10:05 AM
Best bike I ever had (of about 35 in total). Modifications: Leo Vince exhaust (Paid about $ 750 expensive due to strong Euro,, fitted after the picture was taken. Beautiful yet legal sound, especially up to 4000 rpm. Touches the swingarm on the right side, but it's Italian after market, what do you expect?), Touratech (made in Germany, about $ 70) aluminium chain guard (just for good looks, the plastic original one wobbles and looks plain cheap), WP Suspension progressive front springs/synthetic 10W20 oil (to make dive of the fork a bit less spectacular under hard braking. Hard work to take the legs out just for chaning the oil, has to be done according the manual every 10.000 miles including changing the seals, never heard of leaking seals hoever). Cruises effortlessly at 110 mph all day on the Autobahn (use Shell Pura gas and Shell semi-synthetic 15-50 Advantage, really makes a difference) and beats most ''R'' bikes easily in the bends. Would like to have had a Dust Grey one, but red was (as a 2002 model) a lot cheaper. Tried a Raid, but that was really a bit to high, loved the handlebars though.Strange looking sidestands you have in the USA. Looks like the one on my Springer. And yes, my other bike is a home-build Santee framed HD Springer replica. It's good to experience the dark side of motorcycling every now and then...

Badchex
12-03-2003, 03:08 PM
My 2002 Capo with the bags and X-Box trunk loaded on.

Had some issues with a noisy rear brake and fuel injection mapping, both are now resolved.

Such an awesome bike.....this thing feels like it'll take you anywhere!

dave
12-03-2003, 03:22 PM
what did you do about the noisey brakes? Mine do that too does not seem to stop them working but a bit anoying/embarasing at trafic lights....Hey.

Badchex
12-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Dave:

How interesting! My dealer AND Aprilia USA told me they'd never heard of ANYONE else having that problem but me! Then, they tried to blame it on my "riding style" (what, 'cuz I like to stop for red lights?)

Anyway, it finally got taken care of by the replacement of the rear caliper. Don't know what exactly what was wrong with it, but the noise is now gone. The noise had been there since I picked up the bike (a demo with 300 miles on it). I never noticed any lack of braking power or strange behavior even when the brake was howling....just LOTS of noise!

I'm much happier now and since they also downloaded the latest FI mapping the Capo runs MUCH better and smoother across the full rpm range.

dave
12-05-2003, 06:36 AM
I remember a couple of months ago some other capo guys were talking about different pads to stop the squeeling. that was on this forum. I just put up with it. they tell me that the stock pads will be gone quickly and need new ones anyway, I think someone else only got 5000 miles. May give it a try, I'll talk to my dealer.

dave
12-05-2003, 06:48 AM
the guys here look a bit shakey and have not purchased the gear to do it with yet.

looks to me like they are on the way out of buisness. they are/were the local agent for triumph, but the national distributor for triumph just brought out the local honda dealer, now they will probably not be able to compete with them I imagine. then a few months ago they gave Kawasaki the flick, so now they have no Jap marks at all. So its now only BMW and KTM and Aprilia, and the volume is probably inadequate. So i may have to go to the big smoke, Melbourne to get service.

Caponerd
12-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by clutch
Hey Silver Capo:

When did you go down there? I went down there in May and it was a blast!!! I wish I could have stayed longer. :peace:

Hey, XPad! I thought I'd run across you here!

Someone else is carlo here, so I'm Caponerd instead.

XPADREX and I are fellow posters on the Cycle World forums (http://forums.cycleworld.com/wh07masai/ubb.x) and at gigabikes.com (http://www.gigabikes.com/)

Caponerd
12-20-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Devers
Best bike I ever had (of about 35 in total). Modifications: Leo Vince exhaust (Paid about $ 750 expensive due to strong Euro,, fitted after the picture was taken. Beautiful yet legal sound, especially up to 4000 rpm. Touches the swingarm on the right side, but it's Italian after market, what do you expect?), Touratech (made in Germany, about $ 70) aluminium chain guard (just for good looks, the plastic original one wobbles and looks plain cheap), WP Suspension progressive front springs/synthetic 10W20 oil (to make dive of the fork a bit less spectacular under hard braking. Hard work to take the legs out just for chaning the oil, has to be done according the manual every 10.000 miles including changing the seals, never heard of leaking seals hoever). Cruises effortlessly at 110 mph all day on the Autobahn (use Shell Pura gas and Shell semi-synthetic 15-50 Advantage, really makes a difference) and beats most ''R'' bikes easily in the bends. Would like to have had a Dust Grey one, but red was (as a 2002 model) a lot cheaper. Tried a Raid, but that was really a bit to high, loved the handlebars though.Strange looking sidestands you have in the USA. Looks like the one on my Springer. And yes, my other bike is a home-build Santee framed HD Springer replica. It's good to experience the dark side of motorcycling every now and then...

Badchex! Looks like we're all here! (It's carlo from CW. Someone else is carlo here!)
Got my Capo thursday. Hit the road at 5:00 to make the 250 miles to the dealers shop in Seattle by 10:00 opening time. Loaded my bike on the pickup and another one for a friend in Eugene on the trailer, did the paperwork, and got back on the road, by noon.
Rode to work on it yesterday. What a great bike!
The local BMW riding group just lost 3 members to the Aprilia club! :banana:

Caponerd
12-20-2003, 09:52 AM
oops, sorry about the out of context quotes.

Looks like I'm clicking the quote button for the post above the one I want to quote from.

:confused:

Caponerd
12-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Here's my left over 2002 model from Moto International in Seattle. Haven't started on it yet. First thing on the agenda is a set of those crash bars. I've also got a set of factory bags on the way, and a centerstand.

http://www.gigabikes.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10007/normal_my_capo.jpg

XPADREX
12-20-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Caponerd
Hey, XPad! I thought I'd run across you here!

Someone else is carlo here, so I'm Caponerd instead.

XPADREX and I are fellow posters on the Cycle World forums (http://forums.cycleworld.com/wh07masai/ubb.x) and at gigabikes.com (http://www.gigabikes.com/)

I knew you'd be coming around!

Cool bike- it is indeed spectacular. It's like having a dirty little secret, but one you are willing to share.

KAPOS RAWK!

:rambo:

dadawg
12-21-2003, 10:49 AM
Hi All,

Heres a couple of my Capo. 2001 with 8000 miles. Colour coded front as you can see, make it look like a different bike - the dogs. Product of a guy at work reversing into it and knocking it over. The paintshop did the colour coding for just over £100, which I thought was a bargain.Sidekick exhausts - needs a chip & tune though. Exhausts seriously loud. Gold probolts. rear guard cut down.
2004 wish list
Chip & tune
Wheels re-laced - going for the biggest I can get on the rear 190 if poss, 17" on the front. Bring on the road rubber.
New springs

Merry Xmas

Karl

dadawg
12-21-2003, 10:50 AM
Here's the Arse end. 150 section tyre just doesn't do the size of bike and the pipes justice.

Caponerd
12-21-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by dadawg
Hi All,

Heres a couple of my Capo. 2001 with 8000 miles. Colour coded front as you can see, make it look like a different bike - the dogs. Product of a guy at work reversing into it and knocking it over. The paintshop did the colour coding for just over £100, which I thought was a bargain.Sidekick exhausts - needs a chip & tune though. Exhausts seriously loud. Gold probolts. rear guard cut down.
2004 wish list
Chip & tune
Wheels re-laced - going for the biggest I can get on the rear 190 if poss, 17" on the front. Bring on the road rubber.
New springs

Merry Xmas

Karl

I may do the same to mine, I think that black upper is the only glitch on an otherwise lovely machine.
So how's it handle with a wider rear? Somone else just posed a question about that. I told him I didn't think it would help. No proof, just a gut reaction; how can you imporve on what the original designers thought?

XPADREX
12-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Man, painting that front part makes the bike look TOTALLY different.

My bike is the jet grey, so no painting required- but man, it looks cool, Dawg.

Would I do it? Not sure- it lends it a sort of KTM-like front- I like it, but I'm not sure of the final judgement yet.

http://content2.ktm.at/medien/adventure/3027ma.jpg

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=130122

team222
12-22-2003, 02:14 PM
hi karl

thx for post on wider rims

my q for those of us that will never take our caponord off road is

would some of our euro budz see if behr from germany (caponord rim mfg) makes a 5.0" or 5.5" spoked tubeless rim and spokes necessary to lace this rim to the caponord hub

and also

do they make a 17" or 18" inch x 3.0" or so behr rims avail for the front so a 120 or 130 will fit up

>>>>

another alternative is fitting wider cast rims from another aprilia. has anyone tried this

>>>>

my experiences on redoing any bike that came with narrow rims and fitting wider rims has been positive.

last project was an 80 cbx that came with 100x19 fronts and 120x18 rear and i fitted 1100f usa honda rims with kosman reweld on back that gave me a 110x18 on front and 160x17 on back and the improvement was amazing.

one thing most people dont realize about narrow tires is the tire contact patch is less the radius is greater in a narrow tire than a wide one so this gives a faster, less controlled fall in, in turns and its harder to stop this fall in where you want vs wider tires that have a much more gradual arc to the tread.

my .02 cents worth anyay

lets all have a great xmas and safe new year now

best

mike

Ergo
01-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Broke it in over the weekend up on the Blue Ridge Parkway! Don't let the picture fool you, it was 65 degrees! :angel: :banana: :happy:

clutch
01-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Nice picture. The scenery was breathtaking. We did the dragon back in May. We cruised with the side bags. My only regret is that we didn't have the opportunity to blast without them maybe next time. I would love to have road like those here. I guess we will have to venture back to North Carolina.

azrider
01-06-2004, 08:48 PM
My Capo last Sunday at 3995 miles from new the first of November. I am loving it. I have added the GPS V, J&M radio/intercom,Throttlemeister, EMGO carbon-fiber "PRO-GUARD" handguards and road the hell out of it and it loves it.

GOOD RIDING TO ALL.

lospsi
01-09-2004, 01:35 AM
You have all great bikes guys.
Here's mine on the road for Kythira island during summer vacations. Note in the back of the foto, in the middle of the mountain, the white dots. My father's village, at Taygetos mt., Sparti.
The bike is 2002 model, remus alum. exhaust pipes, H&B bars, bagster, i fitted metal lines in front brakes and a smaller front sprocket (16) for better acceleration. I've also fitted an Ermax screen but the foto is before that...
Wish happy rides and special regards to greekamericans.

lospsi
01-09-2004, 01:40 AM
again wrong foto....what was i thinking??

gigabike
01-09-2004, 05:17 AM
Lospsi,
I see your exhaust system is not the original. What is the brand?
Did you modify the ECU map? If yes, how?

Gigabike from Italy

lospsi
01-09-2004, 05:44 AM
ciao gigabike
glad you noticed the difference! the exhaust pipes are REMUS GRAND PRIX ALUM. and when i put them, it was another bike! much better torque in low-mid revs. Unfortunately, no matter how hard i try, i haven't found (yet) no special remapping or air filter. I keep trying though. The pipes fit perfectly though!!worth their money!!
I'm thinking of coming to italy for Easter. It would be nice if you gave me some info for accomodation.

gigabike
01-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Hi lopsi,
I have GPR racing titanium silencers on my caponord.
To remap your Ecu, try with "tunedit and Tuneboy" software, born for Triumph but good also for Caponord and Futura bacause of their Sagem ECU.
Otherwise you can also order a Power Commander.
I still have only silencers with no remapping, but I'm thinking to buy the Power commander to improve performance.

I've been in Greece last summer, a great tour of Peloponneso and then Athens and Delfi.

In Athens I've been to Mbolassiki shop to fix a problem, do you know them?

Where are you going in Italy? east or west coast? North or South?

Bye bye

Gigabike

lospsi
01-13-2004, 01:38 AM
mi amico gigabike,
i hope you had a good time here.
From Bolasikis i bought my bike and do the services.They're good.
I found out about Tuneboy but i haven't checked it yet.
it's a lot of money though and i was hoping of just a remapping from a bike improver, not to buy the equipment:)
I'll consider it though!
I haven't found a power commander for Capo!It fits from Triumph?This is a better solution because there's an official dealer of them here.
About Italy, I'm thinking of staying in Rome and some up and downs in cities.
I don't know excaclty yet the program because i'll probably stay for 4-5 days only. I'm interested to see some cities like Milano, Florenza, maybe Venezia and some south cities too.Anyway, the most i can get from these days. By the way, which date is Easter for catholics this year?

lospsi
01-13-2004, 05:08 AM
found some old fotos to sear with you. i find the's a nice scenery...
who's that asshole riding without a helmet???..oh, it's me:D

gigabike
01-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by lospsi
mi amico gigabike,
i hope you had a good time here.

Wonderful holiday in a wonderful country. In particular I loved very much the Mani and the greek people, always smiling with tourists

From Bolasikis i bought my bike and do the services.They're good.

Yes, they have been very kind, they have fixed the problem of my bike in half a day. If you ask them I'm sure they remember me (my caponord is blue and I was in Athens in august 2003)

I found out about Tuneboy but i haven't checked it yet.

Try this http://www.caporider.com/TuneBoy.shtml

it's a lot of money though and i was hoping of just a remapping from a bike improver, not to buy the equipment:)
I'll consider it though!

I'm looking for someone able to remap my orginal Ecu but nobody can do it

I haven't found a power commander for Capo!It fits from Triumph?This is a better solution because there's an official dealer of them here.

For Italy, try these 2 web sites:

http://www.gixxoracing.com/powercommander/powercommander.htm

http://www.gixxoracing.com/powercommander/pc_lista-2003.htm

The contact in Italy is:
Ivan Merighi, assistenza tecnica
Fast By Ferracci Europe srl - Via Ungheri, 3/c -
40012 Lippo - BOLOGNA - ITALY
Tel.+39-051-726849
Fax +39-051-726879
www.ferracci.it
www.ferracci.com
www.dynojet.com
www.powercommander.com

About Italy, I'm thinking of staying in Rome and some up and downs in cities.

I am from Rome but I live in Milan since 2002 because of my job

I don't know excaclty yet the program because i'll probably stay for 4-5 days only. I'm interested to see some cities like Milano,

I live in Milano, take note of my email gigabike@libero.it and keep in touch when you are arriving, we must take a photo together!!!

Florenza, maybe Venezia and some south cities too.Anyway, the most i can get from these days.

The distance between Milano and Rome is 600 km

By the way, which date is Easter for catholics this year?

April the 11th

bye bye! :peace:

attila
01-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Ciao "lospsi",

Gigabike gave you a lot of good suggestions... :p:

but he forgot to invite you here: www.etv1000.com

You can find inside the forum the new English portion, and posting there you'll have the chance to find others "CN" friends and I'm quite sure, a lot of advices for your stay in Italy from people all over the country...

Have safe & good roads...

;)

XPADREX
01-13-2004, 04:26 PM
ATTILA:

You have some great pics on that site- I shared them (with credit to you) on Cycle World forums. Your bike with bags looks like mine, and I wanted to show a friend.

It looks like you both enjoy that ride.

gigabike
01-14-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by attila
Ciao "lospsi",

Gigabike gave you a lot of good suggestions... :p:

but he forgot to invite you here: www.etv1000.com

You can find inside the forum the new English portion, and posting there you'll have the chance to find others "CN" friends and I'm quite sure, a lot of advices for your stay in Italy from people all over the country...

Have safe & good roads...

;)

Attila, I'm sorry, you are right...
:bangwall:

attila
01-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by XPADREX
ATTILA:

You have some great pics on that site- I shared them (with credit to you) on Cycle World forums. Your bike with bags looks like mine, and I wanted to show a friend.

It looks like you both enjoy that ride.

:p: :cool:

;)

lospsi
01-15-2004, 05:13 AM
thanx for the info guys
gigabike, i think we might have met in athens this summer.
I remember a group of 2 or 3 bikes stopped under a tree near Divani Caravel Hotel, asking info about how to go to a certain street. I stopped and talked to them and I remember a blue capo with bags...I have a dust grey capo with remus exh.
also, thanx to attila for the additional info, when I'm ready for the trip, I'll contact you both
MILLE GRAZIE

gigabike
01-15-2004, 06:21 AM
Lospsi,
we were two bikes, eighter Caponord, mine blue, my brother's dust grey, with our girlfriends on rear seat.

I don't remember to have met you.

bye bye

lospsi
01-15-2004, 08:32 AM
would have been a nice coincidence e?
Also posted smth at www.etv1000.com but my italian sucks for now and can't understand a lot at the italian forum ( has a lot of info though)
I give myself time untill Easter to improve the lang

sdam
01-16-2004, 04:41 AM
Lospsi, could you be the one who told me "nice bike", when stopped side by side at a traffic light in Papanikoli street, Halandri? And I replied "yours too!" ;)

-Sotiris.

lospsi
01-16-2004, 05:00 AM
Sotiri, I don't remember that!
we made the forum a place to meet people!!!!HAHAHA:D
Sounds like a good idea to arrange a meeting a greek capo owners, don't you think??

sdam
01-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Lospsi,
Then it shouldn't be you.
Anyway, yes, it would be a good idea a Greek "Capo-Riders" meeting. Although I don't know many more... But we could try, of course.

-Sotiris.

lospsi
01-16-2004, 08:52 AM
I have the phone number of 2 capo owners, here in athens. The one lives near my ( I in Zografou, he in Holargos). Maybe i'll give it a try:)

attila
01-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Me & my girlfriend and mine Capy (now it has 40.000 km, new side bars and progressive springs into the forks)

have safe & wonderful roads!!!

;)

lospsi
01-21-2004, 12:56 AM
what brand of springs did you fit in the Capo? Do you know which companies produce front/rear spring for our bike?

lospsi
01-21-2004, 01:38 AM
I also noticed in the back rear bars. From what I see they look very nice. What's the brand for them too? I'd really appreciate if you'd tellme the prices for the above accesories (spings, bars).
I'm putting in this years bugdet the cost of a new helmet. One of the contentants is NOLAN X-LITE X 902. Your girl is wearing it (or is it X901?). Do you know the price so i can decide whether it's best to come in Italy and buy it? Here, it costs about 450 euros in plain color, 490 the replicas. Any other suggestions about helmets in this price?

sdam
01-21-2004, 05:08 AM
Lospsi,

About helmets, I swear by the name of Arai. I have the Quantum/F which is discontinued, but I urge you, do try an Arai before buying. If you think they're too expensive in Greece (which they are, because of the local importer) you can always ask Bolasikis to import one for you from Italy, at a much reduced price.

-Sotiris.

lospsi
01-21-2004, 05:34 AM
THAT'S a good info. Aren't the Arais noisy? Check out new thread of mine. Price for it from Bolasikis?

ektoras
01-22-2004, 06:16 AM
Another Capo owner in Athens , Greece!!!! Hi everybody.

lospsi
01-22-2004, 06:22 AM
hey ektora, how r u?
You don't mention year model, color and no pics.
ts,ts,ts...

ektoras
01-22-2004, 06:31 AM
I haven't taken any pictures yet.
model 2003 blue universe the colour.
1490km and already having problems...:confused:
I have a picture taken from my mobile phone but i dont know how to send it...yet!

lospsi
01-22-2004, 07:02 AM
problems???????????
what excaclty? Maybe you should post in the other thread

attila
01-22-2004, 08:41 AM
Lospsi, some answers:

>what brand of springs did you fit in the Capo? Do you know which companies produce >front/rear spring for our bike?

I’ve installed the original Aprilia ones, the same installed on the M.Y. 2004. (price list 90€ ?) Sooner you’ll have the chance to see the pictures on etv1000.com.
A lot of our club folks have also installed the Wilber. Check out here: www.touratech.de and look for the CN accessories, p/n 01-040-0462-0

>I also noticed in the back rear bars. From what I see they look very nice. What's the brand >for them too? I'd really appreciate if you'd tellme the prices for the above accesories >(spings, bars).

the front rear bars are also the original ones, now available on the market… (price list 117€)
What you call “rear bars” are the frame of the OEM panniers, and it’s true, they look very good and they could be very helpful… this is one of the reasons why I have chosen the original side bags instead of GiVi or something else…

>I'm putting in this years bugdet the cost of a new helmet. One of the contentants is >NOLAN X-LITE X 902. Your girl is wearing it (or is it X901?). Do you know the price so i >can decide whether it's best to come in Italy and buy it? Here, it costs about 450 euros in >plain color, 490 the replicas. Any other suggestions about helmets in this price?

ok, helmets… you’re right, she’s wearing a X-Lite X902 and I’m wearing an Arai Signet GT
As Sotiris told you, Arai is great! My experience is that they fit perfect, not noisy, and are never troublesome or causing tiredness.
But the X-Lite would be my second choice. They are also very comfortable, not noisy and what I had mostly appreciate, here in Italy you find shops where you can test them with your bike!!! I don’t know about other countries, but typically you can just wear it into the shop and you don’t know how it works at 200 km/h :-))))))))))))). X-Lite is giving the opportunity to really test it! In my opinion a good way to advertise…
The price I’ve paid for both (our 2002 self Christmas gift ;-) ), if I remember well, was about 780 €…

lospsi
01-23-2004, 03:08 AM
780 for both of them??
that's the price of an Arai here:eek:

ektoras
01-27-2004, 08:40 AM
This is my capo with my best friend's tuono!
Thanks lospsi!!!!

lospsi
01-27-2004, 08:54 AM
The pic doesn't look very good...
I imagine it a nice bike though! Did you fit handguards?
By the way, Tuono is excellent, I'v riden it and it rocks!!!

lospsi
01-27-2004, 08:55 AM
additional
maybe we should meet for a ride eh?

ektoras
01-27-2004, 09:09 AM
I fitted turatech handguards.
My friend bought his tuono 26/11/04 and i a week later.He intented to buy the new fazer 600 and i asked him to come with me for a test ride of capo in gorgolis kallithea.He admired for a minute or two the red capo and then he stuck on the tuono.I left with the capo for the test and when i came back i saw him on the tuono leaving for a test ride!
He has his driving licence only for a few months and he doesnt have so much of motorcycle expirience(He had a rebel 250 and an eeliminator 250 at that time).Finaly he bought it a week before me!
We were at thisio for coffee last month and there were some editors of the moto magazine.They asked him:"How's the luna-park?" Everybody on the road keeps staring at the tuono like it is monica belucci!!!!!
We are planning for a big ride (we went to kaletzi at marathona once) but something is happening in the last minute.
Maybe we should meet for a coffee first here in athens.
I heard that Gorgolis in kallithea is planning a ride in march.

sdam
01-28-2004, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by ektoras
I fitted turatech handguards.
He has his driving licence only for a few months and he doesnt have so much of motorcycle expirience(He had a rebel 250 and an eeliminator 250 at that time).Finaly he bought it a week before me!

Ektora,

Before the Capo, I was riding a Vespa, for Christ's shake! From 9 horsepower to 99 :D
Which Touratech handguards? I am very very interested. Please post some better pics of them...
-Sotiris.

ektoras
01-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Dear Sotiris,
Before the capo i had several different bikes(Honda C-50,kaze-r,Dax 50 etc)and then bought the capo.
Just joking!!!!
My friend with the tuono had an eliminator 250.Why not?Give the man a chance!!!!
I'll put on some better photos about the handguards.

1992-1993 Yamaha DT 200R
1994-1996 Suzuki DR 250
1996-1998 Kawasaki KLE 500
1998-2000 Honda C-50 & Suzuki Alto(!!!)
2000-2003 Kawasaki Kaze-R
2003 Suzuki XF 650 Freewind
2004 ETV 1000 CAPONORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ektoras.

lospsi
01-29-2004, 01:52 AM
Guys, be careful with the your new bikes! Lack of experience with high power bikes is a bit dangerous! We should meet for coffee. I'll send e-mail.

P.S.: Thissio eh? You remind me of my vollege years:D

Aregata4x4
01-29-2004, 08:02 AM
Hey guys, please attache pictures with your posts. If we start using this thread for discussions, over time we will have to browse through 50 pages just to find one picture.

Thanks,

Arek

lospsi
01-30-2004, 01:09 AM
You're right Aregata! Sorry :rolleyes:

sdam
01-30-2004, 03:21 AM
Aregata, sorry. You're right indeed.

Schwarz
01-30-2004, 08:15 AM
Capo in julierpass, Switzerland, on November '03.
Lampz!

lospsi
02-02-2004, 03:34 AM
what were you thinking????:D

TeeJay2
02-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Naaah
He took it there on a trailer, if you look really close you can see the trailer tyre marks.

:gunner: :gunner: :gunner: :gunner:

Just kiddin

lospsi
02-03-2004, 01:51 AM
I was drinking my coffee when I noticed it....It was abvious...Right in front of us....
....The snow is FAKE:D
Yes sir!!!
Seriously, Schwartz made me think twice before saying - with the look of a hardcore all-weather biker - about one time I was travelling and suddently started raining...and...blabla....:D :D

Schwarz
02-03-2004, 07:35 AM
http://www.nightrider.it/fotografie/schwarz/
Go there... the link below is about that tour, the last november.
I'm not so able with coreldraw or other software of pics elaboration... :)
However, when you want to came with me in the snow... I'm here! ;)
Lampz!!
Schwarz!

lospsi
02-03-2004, 07:51 AM
I'd rather not:D
Unless you have an heated trailer fitting your Capo:p:

ektoras
02-03-2004, 10:05 AM
My ride is real!
Yesterday morning on Ymittos mountain!!!

ektoras
02-03-2004, 10:06 AM
One more...

ektoras
02-03-2004, 10:10 AM
More...

kostap
02-04-2004, 11:48 AM
I have the phone number of 2 capo owners, here in athens. The one lives near my ( I in Zografou, he in Holargos). Maybe i'll give it a try:)

Lopsi are you by any chance George? Since I think i am the one from Holargos.:rambo:

lospsi
02-05-2004, 06:30 AM
Come to the greek thread.

TeeJay2
02-06-2004, 07:35 AM
2001 model, Givi E52 (Maxia), Meta 357 alarm, Datatag, Clover Tank bag (held on with suction cups), 1150GS hand guards, centre stand and GPS system (Compaq 2210 with bluetooth link to TomTom satelite receiver and Tom Tom software).
Picture taken on A40 between Brecon and Abergaveny on 4th February 2004.
The bike was bought used in Jan 2004 for £4100 (app 5995 euros), it only had 2,600 miles on the clock.

I lowered the seat and flattened it out this weekend (a convex arse needs a convex seat, strange that they did the opposite ?)

A bit scary to do, but I just removed the cover and hacked away with a knife, making the seat at least two inches lower (probably won't need a tall screen now either).

TeeJay2
02-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Hey Lospsi
I visited that link in Schwarz's post, I telephoned the inn in the picture (Restaurant Julier Hospiz).
They said that they remembered some nutcase asking if he could hide his trailer and car round the back while he took a picture.

:D :D :D :D

lospsi
02-09-2004, 06:01 AM
Ha, I knew it...
:D

lospsi
02-11-2004, 01:27 AM
First ride after 1 1/2 month...
I liked it despite the cold. The bike is really beautiful:)

TeeJay2
02-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Hey Lospsi
How do you find the Ermax screen affects the wind noise, does it improve it ?

I ask because I noticed that it has air intake holes in the front which goes along with my theory that the original should have them to create a spoiling effect of the vacuum behind the riders head.

lospsi
02-12-2004, 03:43 AM
The holes reduce the "sucking" effect behind the screen. But this increses the noise a little. I think it's noiser than the OEM but has better protection and it has a nice design!

Polda
02-15-2004, 09:53 PM
I have my capo about 8 monts puton 6500 miles.In 1200m. my front brake was pulsing,but they change rotor and since then no problems. Already have side boxes (aprilia) look for crach bar,windshild,gps and handguards it`s big handicap. Must have it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Polda
02-15-2004, 10:48 PM
That`s my girl

Raidrallyrider
02-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Just joined the forum. This is my 6 month old Caponord

Aregata4x4
02-20-2004, 12:17 PM
Welcome home Raidrallyrider. Great looking bike!

lodom
03-01-2004, 09:27 PM
It took a while but she finally came home. This was taken 3 days ago with one mile on it. I put 75 miles on it Saturday and Sunday. Engine's a little rough right now but unbelievably strong.

Fun days ahead!:D

Ergo
03-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Lodom,

CONGRATS! Great ride! :banana:

Is that Canyon Ridge/Moto-Britalia? Great shop. They seem to really try. That's where my Cappy came from!

Your engine will smooth out, mine is amazingly smooth at 1,000 miles. :plus:

lodom
03-03-2004, 08:28 PM
I don't know about the Canyon Ridge part but it is Motobritalia in Woodstock GA. Drew and company were very patient and helpful to me. Of course I couldn't have done anything without my lovely wife and her money-saving ways.

CapoPaul
03-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Finally get to post a pic of my 2002. This was on a ride last august to West VA.

XPADREX
03-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Who's the goober in the background with the thumbs-up? ;)

:rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

CapoPaul
03-10-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by XPADREX
Who's the goober in the background with the thumbs-up? ;)

:rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

That's Scott. We had a pretty diverse group of bikes on that daytrip: a Ducati Monster, a Hyabusa, a Goldwing, a BMW GS and my Capo.

XPADREX
03-10-2004, 09:33 AM
I know, Paul- I was busting his chops by way of yours.

He posted that same pic on CW forums about the time I bought my Capo.

Saint
03-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Hi to you all from Slovenia, this is my first post, so I think it should be in this topic.

My Capo '01 with Givi windshield and Givi/Aprilia case.

dave
03-13-2004, 12:56 AM
Beautifull bike saint. Mine is exactly the same. would like to ride where you ride. Mabe we could do a house/bike swap for a few weeks some time, you would like to ride in australia as i am sure i would like to ride in Slovinia.

Saint
03-13-2004, 02:37 AM
If you ever plan to visit Europe, just send e-mail, in Slovenia my bike is yours to try :D. We have probably one of the best roads for riding a motorcycle, you can virtually cover Slovenia from one end to another in 1 day but still see coast, mountains, lowlands, Aprilia factory is just 1 hour drive (Venice also...), try it, you will like it.

Rudi

dave
03-13-2004, 06:55 AM
it apears I cannot post pictures because my files are the wrong type, "jpeg "is what i have and the closest is "jpg "are they the same? or do i have to reformat? if so how does one do that?

Saint
03-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Change extension from .jpeg to .jpg, files are same cr...p, it should work. :D

Saint

gigabike
03-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Saint
Hi to you all from Slovenia, this is my first post, so I think it should be in this topic.

My Capo '01 with Givi windshield and Givi/Aprilia case.

First time I see Michelin T66 on the Capo!
How do they work?
They don't exist in "V" code, only "R", any riding problem?

Saint
03-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Michelin 66 is no more :D I had these tires from previous owner and I replaced it as soon I could. Tires are o.k. (previous owner was 101% moto-freak he destroyed tire completely in 4000 miles) since I had it on my previous bike (Cagiva Canyon) but first of all they are not V speed class and second of all for my taste they tend to be bastards on corners. I use Metzeler Tourance and after 150 miles I can only tell you they are the best Capo tires :D

br

Rudi

p.s.
My first choice was Michelin Anakee, but importer was such a geek, he ordered it only in H speed class and I don't want to test Slovenian police since they are all experts on making riders miserable (they implemented mobile speedometers for scooters and mobile noise meters ... they do have money to spend :gunner: )

gigabike
03-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Olie,
I can't see your photos...

gigabike
03-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Here you are 3 Capos, a little Suzy and a special Monster on the boat at Lago Maggiore, Italy.

bye!

gigabike
03-19-2004, 10:04 AM
from the other side...

gigabike
03-19-2004, 10:06 AM
...during the trip...

gigabike
03-19-2004, 10:09 AM
... and my new silencers.... GPR titanium! wonderful sound!

gigabike
03-19-2004, 10:11 AM
finally, a yellow Capo and his proud owner!

lodom
03-23-2004, 04:20 PM
A YELLOW CAPO!

I wanted to paint mine yellow but my dealer talked me out of it. I often wonder why they now only come in such "eye missing" colors.

nolesfan
03-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Finally, here's a pic of my Capo by Strom Thurmond lake in South Carolina.

Aprilianator
03-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Stunning

nolesfan
03-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Ok, try this...

Aprilianator
03-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Very cool, I miss being out on the water.... Spring is here finally!

Garp
04-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Here's mine:

http://www.geoffwood.net/images/Side Bagless.jpg

Not only is she Sexy and Italian, she's available !! :eek:

Click here, or see my Ad in the classifieds for more info:

Capo for Sale (http://www.geoffwood.net/Caponord.htm)

Thx.

DOM
04-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by lodom
A YELLOW CAPO!

I wanted to paint mine yellow but my dealer talked me out of it. I often wonder why they now only come in such "eye missing" colors.

I took my airbrush and made my capo yellow ... it's so simple ...

I thought to myself that orange or a flashy green should be great for a capo...

DOM
04-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Liguria - Italy Me and friends
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/liguria/foto005.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Piemonte - Italy, Snow and Ice
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/bielmonte.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Memorial Spadino, Valle d'Aosta Italy
"Spadino" was a motorcyclist killed by Monte Bianco tunnel's Fire in march 2001 while trying to rescue people inside the mountain. He rescued almost 15 people before he died
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/spadino/foto001.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Memorial Spadino
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/spadino/foto002.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Memorial Spadino - a black dusty Capo with is proud owner
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/spadino/foto004.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Piemonte - Italy another angle with different light
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/bielmonte2.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Piemonte - Italy [OT] same day ... I made a lot of photos... nice place...
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/bielmonte3.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Stelvio Pass - Italy - The highest pass in italy 2750 mt ! My Capo was the original color: oyster grey
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/stelvio2003.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Friuli Venezia Giulia - Italy Agoust 2003, an off road tour... and my capo was the original color
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/piancavallo.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Friuli venezia Giulia - Italy same day, a few Kilometers ahead...
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/piancavallo2.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Gavia Pass - Italy - The second highest pass in italy 2650 mt... and that's the road to the pass. Look in the mirror, you can see a fatty arm... guess who's :D
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/gavia.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 05:56 PM
Lombardia - Italy Me, my capo, a lake, some mountains, silence and...

http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/adda.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 06:03 PM
a naked capo...
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/naked.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Agoust 2003... I was riding trought the Alpes, I did not see a corner, I did not turn at the right moment, me and my capo finished under a Opel Zafira... that's what happened
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/crash1.jpg
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/crash2.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 06:12 PM
5 months later.....
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/5mesi.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 06:18 PM
what do they are talking about ? ...
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/bacio.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 06:21 PM
work in progress...
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/gialla.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 06:28 PM
My first Capo, 11th march 2003, a Brand new M.Y. '03 Red flame, the first day on the road in Versilia Italy.
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/redflame.jpg

DOM
04-09-2004, 06:33 PM
5 (FIVE !) days later... A car turn left.... but i was 10 mt in front of its... at 70 Km/h.... not enought space to stop my run... My Brand New capo with 980 Km of life and 5 days of ownership:
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/disastro1.jpg
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/disastro4.jpg
http://go.supereva.it/astromoto/mycapo/disastrototale.jpg

Cybersapient
04-10-2004, 08:23 PM
DOM,

So sorry to see your Capo broken!! What a shame!! I hope you are O.K. after both of those accidents!! I hope your motorcycle is on the road soon for you!

I just purchased an '03 Caponord today. I am really looking forward to riding it! (I have to line up financing, and the bike has to be serviced prior to my taking delivery. Hopefully, I will have it in the garage in about three days.

Good luck with your riding, and thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures!!

Shane

DOM
04-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Cybersapient
DOM,

So sorry to see your Capo broken!! What a shame!! I hope you are O.K. after both of those accidents!! I hope your motorcycle is on the road soon for you!

I just purchased an '03 Caponord today. I am really looking forward to riding it! (I have to line up financing, and the bike has to be serviced prior to my taking delivery. Hopefully, I will have it in the garage in about three days.

Good luck with your riding, and thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures!!

Shane

I'm O.K. don't warry. Those photos are 1 year old... I'm actullay riding the yellow capo, and I have passed 20000 Km...

Raidrallyrider
04-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Dom, show us a photo of your yellow Caponord please.

Raidrallyrider
04-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Sorry Dom, I saw you already did on the previous page:cool: Nice bike.

lospsi
04-14-2004, 06:58 AM
well dom, I 've also ruined some bikes but you're the master!!!:D
Does the frame of the Capo brake so easy??? Is it because of the alum.- magnesium mix of it?
I understand that the insurance company replaced the first bike. What did you do with the second broken frame???
Nice fotos

DOM
04-14-2004, 10:41 AM
well dom, I 've also ruined some bikes but you're the master!!!:D
Does the frame of the Capo brake so easy??? Is it because of the alum.- magnesium mix of it?
I understand that the insurance company replaced the first bike. What did you do with the second broken frame???
Nice fotos

I'm a DOM(inator) not just a master MUHAHAHAHAAH :D :D

The frame of the capo it's so hard, if you smash a car probably you get the same result. The second frame, the less damaged, has been repaired by a "guru" of aluminium frame: "Scardino". A specialist in Milano, where i live nearby.

Here is the Scardino's web site (http://www.scardino.gpa.it/homeeng.html) page in english and, of course, italian..

:peace:

reverand
04-15-2004, 04:49 PM
couple of weeks ago

reverand
04-15-2004, 04:50 PM

reverand
04-15-2004, 04:51 PM

DOM
04-16-2004, 05:48 AM
:O :O :O

lospsi
04-16-2004, 07:02 AM
here are some photos from a lonely ride I made 1 week ago. The weather was excellent

lospsi
04-16-2004, 07:03 AM
another one

lospsi
04-16-2004, 07:06 AM
and during easter vacations in an island (Spetses).
You can see in the back my yacht...oh, my Learjet is just near by, couldn't fit in the photo:D

lospsi
04-16-2004, 07:08 AM
:peace:

Captain Capo
04-16-2004, 11:10 AM
In a fit of madness I bought this last weekend:

http://www.dmw.info/misc/captaincapo.jpg

First impressions - excellent mile muncher - easy to ride - seems to lack a bit of ground clearance. May go for a ride right now!

D

dave
04-16-2004, 09:29 PM
No no captain that is a serendipitous moments when the fog of insanity disipates and suddenly you see clearly! an epiphany indeed!!!! a life changing thng. hold the vision firmly brother.

Cybersapient
04-17-2004, 02:47 AM
My, Captain,
That is one handsome motorcycle!!

I had my fit a few days after yours!! I picked up a red version this last Tuesday!!

Welcome to the fold!!

Shane

hakjar
04-17-2004, 03:21 AM
Hi,
I'm new here and would like to introduce myself and my, since twoo weeks, bike :D I've been riding MC's since 84 and passed through different kinds (GL1500, BMW R1100S, to name a few) and i'm very pleased so far.

Cybersapient
04-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Hakan,

What a beautiful bike!! You certainly picked a great backdrop for your photo! I would love to have someplace like this to take photos of my bike!

I hope you have a great weekend riding your new baby!

Shane

Cupid Stunt
04-17-2004, 03:13 PM
Damn you guys keep your bikes so clean
I washed mine once, just the once mind

:rolleyes:

caposouth
04-19-2004, 02:46 PM
All the way from Belgium to the Stelvio in Italy...No problemo!

karel_nemecek
04-21-2004, 01:54 AM
Guess which of these two belongs 2 me?:happy:

DOM
04-21-2004, 03:01 AM
WOW ! a white capo ! :D :D

sdam
04-22-2004, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by DOM
WOW ! a white capo ! :D :D

I am in the position to confirm that, under certain lighting conditions and angles of view, this "perl" -or whatever is called- color looks indeed white.
Of course, there's always Photoshop, for the more aspiring of us ;)

sdam
04-22-2004, 05:27 AM
More to come soon.

sven
04-26-2004, 11:58 AM
On the "Road to the Isles" (Fort William to Mallaig), yesterday afternoon.

sven
04-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Rannoch Moor looking towards Glen Coe

DOM
05-05-2004, 07:52 PM
... we are facing a period with a crazy weather: some day with sun, worm wind and +24° (celsius)... other days with clouds, cold wind, +5° (celsius) max and SNOW ! even at low altitudes.... 800-1000 mt

Tuesday morning, 20 april 2004... after two rainy windy days, a shiny sun warm my heart... I watch outside my window and i see an incredible scene: all the mountains are white... it's seem to be in January, but in the garden some trees has already white flowers and green leaves...

WOOOWWW I took my capo.. and go for a ride to the mountains...

http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/neve/Foto03.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/neve/Foto04.jpg
http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/neve/Foto05.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/neve/Foto06.jpg
http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/neve/Foto07.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/neve/Foto08.jpg

DOM
05-05-2004, 07:56 PM
ahead...

http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/neve/Foto09.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/neve/Foto10.jpg
http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/neve/Foto11.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/neve/Foto12.jpg
http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/neve/Foto13.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/neve/Foto14.jpg

DOM
05-05-2004, 08:29 PM
10 days before... Saturday afternoon, 10 april 2004... Morning with cloud and cold... at noon the wind started to wipe the sky I took my capo.... and I went to the mountains.. 30 cm of whith and powder and fresh snow...

http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto019.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto020.jpg
http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto021.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto022.jpg
http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto023.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto024.jpg

DOM
05-05-2004, 08:31 PM
http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto025.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto026.jpg
http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto027.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto028.jpg
http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto029.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto030.jpg

DOM
05-05-2004, 08:32 PM
http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto031.jpghttp://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto032.jpg
http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/nevetivano/foto033.jpg

Raidrallyrider
05-06-2004, 03:28 AM

Raidrallyrider
05-06-2004, 03:31 AM

grd4spd
05-07-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Badchex
My 2002 Capo with the bags and X-Box trunk loaded on.

Had some issues with a noisy rear brake and fuel injection mapping, both are now resolved.

Such an awesome bike.....this thing feels like it'll take you anywhere!

great looking ride Badchex! just purchased a silver 2002 myself (pix will be up soon)...just waiting on GP Cycles in SD to install the side, top and tank "bags" along with the Chatterbox intercom/radio system...then im off to the twisties!!

i have seen several posts regarding the EFI (re)mapping, is this something that my dealer can do? should i have it done before i take delivery of the bike? where can i find out more info on this?

thanks in advance!

regards,
terry

grd4spd
05-07-2004, 05:43 AM
Raidrallyrider, the pic that you posted....the capo on the far right looks bigger than the one in the middle....is that a different make/year?

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=245088

regards,
terry

Cybersapient
05-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Terry,

The bike on the right is called a Rally Raid- They are currently only available in Europe. Check out Europe's version on the European Aprilia site:

http://www.aprilia.com/models03/adventure/eng/modello.phtml?id=9

By the specs, it looks like the Rally Raid is 20 mm taller (that's almost 4/5 of an inch). The specs on both bikes say they have 19 inch front wheels, and both front tires are listed as 100 - 80 VR 19's. However, the front-fork length is different on the Raid...25mm longer. I don't know what happens to the other 5mm, though.

I agree that the bike on the left appears larger, I jjust don't know why about an inch or fork travel would leave one with the impression the Raid is bigger- and it looks a lot bigger. The fuel tanks are both 25 liters in capacity, so it isn't a larger tank on the Raid... Perhaps a Raid Rider can tell us!

Shane

Raidrallyrider
05-10-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Cybersapient
Terry,

The bike on the right is called a Rally Raid- They are currently only available in Europe. Check out Europe's version on the European Aprilia site:

http://www.aprilia.com/models03/adventure/eng/modello.phtml?id=9

By the specs, it looks like the Rally Raid is 20 mm taller (that's almost 4/5 of an inch). The specs on both bikes say they have 19 inch front wheels, and both front tires are listed as 100 - 80 VR 19's. However, the front-fork length is different on the Raid...25mm longer. I don't know what happens to the other 5mm, though.

I agree that the bike on the left appears larger, I jjust don't know why about an inch or fork travel would leave one with the impression the Raid is bigger- and it looks a lot bigger. The fuel tanks are both 25 liters in capacity, so it isn't a larger tank on the Raid... Perhaps a Raid Rider can tell us!

Shane

The handlebars on the Rally Raid are higher (about 2 inches) this makes the bike look taller. The engine crashbars also makes the raid look a bit fatter. But the perspective on that photo makes my bike look even bigger than it actually is. Notice how small that GS looks because of the perspective and the angle of the bike.

ektoras
05-10-2004, 07:01 AM
Yesterday,on the way to Epidauros...

ektoras
05-10-2004, 07:04 AM
More...

Cybersapient
05-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Raidrallyrider
The handlebars on the Rally Raid are higher (about 2 inches) this makes the bike look taller. The engine crashbars also makes the raid look a bit fatter. But the perspective on that photo makes my bike look even bigger than it actually is. Notice how small that GS looks because of the perspective and the angle of the bike.

Raidrallyrider,

Thanks for telling me about the bars! That is an awesome looking motorcycle! If I could have purchased a Raid, I would have, but they are not available in the US. :(

Ride safely!

Shane

sdam
05-14-2004, 07:11 AM
Ektora, are your handguards Touratech, or my eyes are failing?
If yes, where from, how much, are they any good?

ektoras
05-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Yes they are touratech.65euros.I fitted them myself quite easy.
They are nice looking but just that.I like them though.

V-MAN
05-17-2004, 06:51 PM
After seeing all of your great pictures I thought I should post one too ... Keep them all coming, I enjoy looking at all the bikes in so many places!

http://www.v-man.org/images/Posting%20Folder/posting/Revere%20Beach%20MA.jpg

sproggy
05-18-2004, 09:24 AM
A few people have asked to see my bike with the mods I've done - sorry but these are the best pictures I've got at the moment. Taken at Tarifa, the southern-most point of Europe - African coastline in the background (just).

Visible mods include:

Remus Revolution cans
Rear mudguard removed
Small rear indicators
Shortened screen
Baglux harness
BMW GS handguards

sproggy
05-18-2004, 09:25 AM
And the front...

sproggy
05-18-2004, 09:26 AM
I really must replace my digital camera......:(

DOM
05-18-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by sproggy
[B]A few people have asked to see my bike with the mods I've done - sorry but these are the best pictures I've got at the moment. Taken at Tarifa, the southern-most point of Europe - African coastline in the background

Tarifa.. i can remeber.. the line of the atlante's mountain .... a couple of "tinto de verano" looking the windsurfers jump across the ocean's wave...

WOW nice place..

Great work with your capo Sproggy.. :worship: :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

DOM
05-18-2004, 01:53 PM
some buddies....

http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/Langhe/gruppo.jpg

DOM
05-18-2004, 01:54 PM
http://digilander.libero.it/astromoto/Langhe/tanti.jpg

Past it? Me?
05-18-2004, 04:23 PM
My Capo at 1000 miles,near Fort William , Scotland with Big Trail Bike Club. Later same day, rectifier failed , destroying battery ..... Initial thoughts ,however, very positive .....great to ride and damned quick!

karel_nemecek
05-19-2004, 01:04 AM
To DOM: Madonna mia that is pretty impressive! Bunch of Jap & BMW eaters!

DOM
05-19-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by karel_nemecek
Madonna mia

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :happy:

sproggy
05-19-2004, 06:12 AM
A far better picture of my bike, taken by a friend. Gibralter in the background.

f_capo
05-19-2004, 03:39 PM
A far better picture of my bike, taken by a friend. Gibralter in the background.

Sproggy
maybe my eyes are bad or you don't have sufficient oil in the Capo. Looks like the sight glass is empty ...
regards
Filip

sproggy
05-20-2004, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by f_capo
maybe my eyes are bad or you don't have sufficient oil in the Capo. Looks like the sight glass is empty ...

Your eyes do deceive you somewhat - the bike is actually over-full and if you look closely you can see the top of the oil (which is clean!) about an inch below the top of the tube. The dealer over-filled it a bit when it was serviced (2 weeks and 2000 miles earlier) - this combined with the fact that the bike was very hot and leaning to the left made the oil show very very full.

But with a dry-sump engine over-filling doesn't do any harm unless there isn't room in the tank to allow for the expansion when hot - I checked this and reckoned there was enough space so I didn't go to the trouble of draining a bit out.

I never realised that people scrutinised pictures so closely!

f_capo
05-21-2004, 12:35 AM
Your eyes do deceive you somewhat - the bike is actually over-full and if you look closely you can see the top of the oil (which is clean!) about an inch below the top of the tube. The dealer over-filled it a bit when it was serviced (2 weeks and 2000 miles earlier) - this combined with the fact that the bike was very hot and leaning to the left made the oil show very very full.

But with a dry-sump engine over-filling doesn't do any harm unless there isn't room in the tank to allow for the expansion when hot - I checked this and reckoned there was enough space so I didn't go to the trouble of draining a bit out.

I never realised that people scrutinised pictures so closely!

Sproggy
you took it quite serious, i was in fact only guessing.
The idea came up because my Capo sometimes has an empty sight tube even though there is enough oil. I've read in another thread this can happen. But i don't understand how and why.
I'm not sure whether over-filling doesn't harm. Maybe not the engine but i've read in again another thread the oil will end up in the airbox and the bike can get smoking.

regards

sproggy
05-21-2004, 03:42 AM
The idea came up because my Capo sometimes has an empty sight tube even though there is enough oil. I've read in another thread this can happen. But i don't understand how and why.

If your oil level is close to minimum and the engine is cold, it is possible that when the engine is running the oil level in the tank goes down to below the level of the glass because of the oil circulating around the engine. But that is OK, since the level should be measured hot with the engine off.

I'm not sure whether over-filling doesn't harm. Maybe not the engine but i've read in again another thread the oil will end up in the airbox and the bike can get smoking.

I think there is a vent from the oil tank into the air box, and if the tank was over-full the oil might get forced up that vent. But it would have to be VERY full to do that, I think.

CapoLutz
05-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Hi,

just as an introduction you hopefully find a pic of my Capo here. I am from Germany, the country of free-flying-Autobahn :D . Mods so far are:

GPR Pipes
GIVI Screen
16´pinion

In Germany, we might run into trouble ´05 when lacking a G-Kat, like I do right now. Glad to not have sold the standard pipes so far ;)

Byebye

CapoLutz

lospsi
05-24-2004, 07:15 AM
some scratched footpegs to keep the moral up
( no, it isn't from my recent fall:rolleyes: ....I swear)

tobyker
05-27-2004, 05:36 PM
oil problems;

1. It's a big old v-twin with lots of air getting pushed about the crankcase by the undersides of those big pistons. If there's too much oil about it gets blown as spray up the 'case breather into the airbox. Don't over-fill the oil.

If I don't ride mine for a week all the oil falls into the bottom of the 'case and it takes about 15 miles for the level to sort itself out. Something to do with feed and scavenging pipes - so James tells me.

I would post a picture of mine but it looks much like all the others.

sproggy
05-28-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by tobyker
It's a big old v-twin with lots of air getting pushed about the crankcase by the undersides of those big pistons. If there's too much oil about it gets blown as spray up the 'case breather into the airbox. Don't over-fill the oil.

The Aprilia V-twin is a dry-sump engine, which means that most of the oil is stored in the oil tank and only what is required for lubrication runs around the engine before being scavenged back to the oil tank. So unlike in a conventional (wet sump) engine, there isn't loads of oil rolling around in the sump ready to be forced up into the breathers as you suggest. The amount of oil in the engine itself at any one time is constant regardless of the level in the tank.

If any oil ends up in the airbox as a result of over-filling, it's through a vent from the oil tank, not through the crankcase breather, and this is nothing to do with the flow of air around the crankcase, but caused by the oil expanding as it gets hotter and being forced up the tank breather.

If I don't ride mine for a week all the oil falls into the bottom of the 'case and it takes about 15 miles for the level to sort itself out. Something to do with feed and scavenging pipes - so James tells me.

Huh? On Aprilia V-twins the oil level must be measured with the engine hot - when the engine's cold the oil contracts and the level therefore reduces. This is nothing to do with oil "falling to the bottom of the 'case". It takes 15 miles to show the correct level because that's how long it takes for the oil to reach operating temperature and expand to its normal volume (although I suspect that 15 miles is somewhat of an exageration?).

Ergo
06-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Riding in the USA area where Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky come together. :angel:

Ergo
06-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Camped out...was great until the storms hit! The Capo didn't skip a beat in 1,200 miles over the weekend. :p:

JuhaP
06-17-2004, 03:18 AM
Since none of the pics on this thread is actually of Caponord, here's the closest so far. It's taken last august/september somewhere near i think Mo I Rana, Norway, still about 800(?) km's from Nordkapp (Caponord), the northermost tip of Europe ;-)

I lacked time to go all the way that time (also danm cold), and the roads in central Norway are more interesting.

JuhaP
Finland

Cybersapient
06-17-2004, 11:58 AM
JuhaP,

That is certainly beautiful country! Thank you for sharing your photo with us. It would be great to see the place that is the namesake of our motorcycle!!

Travel safely,

Shane

juanma_tinoco
06-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Well. For who don´t know me.. I´m from Cádiz (Spain)(Europe) and i want to show you my Old Africa Twin; my new Capo and my Girl..

I´m Juanma (in english John) and She´s Begoña (i don´t know as it´s in english)

Well. The photos are made in the Eugi bog in Pamplona (Navarra) (Spain)..

Flash in VVVVV for all of you...

Good group of course...

juanma_tinoco
06-24-2004, 03:08 PM
--

gregorgeous89
06-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Good to see you juanma... u look like a friend of mine and the gool kiper of the Greek national team :)
Take that us a compliment ...:D

Ergo
06-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Ever hear your Caponord make it's mating call!?! :D

Al CAPOne
06-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Huh, bad ergonomics....

ian-parkes
06-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Lovely Photo Juha . i have been looking at the map recently and a circuit of Norway and Finland looks like it could be the ride of a lifetime via France and Holland etc from the UK . Just need more time so have opted for Scotland this year. Please post more photos if you have any

Harrie van Til
07-02-2004, 05:13 PM
My 2003-Capo, in the wet, on a cold Silvretta Hochalpenstrasse: Bielerhöhe.

Harrie van Til

Harrie van Til
07-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Me an my Capo on the Reschenpass, just across the Italian border, coming out of Austria.
Want to see more pics? Look at http://home.wanadoo.nl/harrievantil

Stu_O
07-06-2004, 05:21 AM
Listening for aliens at the Very Large Array near Datil, New Mexico.

ian-parkes
07-06-2004, 06:23 PM
hey stu I know you tried hard to help with replies but that was going too far!

Cybersapient
07-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Stu_O
Listening for aliens at the Very Large Array near Datil, New Mexico.

ISn't that a great place?!?!?!

I enjoy at least slowing down to look the place over every time I go through there.

Sometime you will have to tell me more about your communications setup on your Caponord!!

BTW- I took the Caponord up to the fire near Payson on Sunday. I saw a couple of slurry bomber runs- pretty spectacular!! The bike ran well and was a pleasure to ride. I does seem to idle unevenly, though. Sometimes it dies while idling, during warm up. Think I have a kinked fuel hose??

Shane