PDA

View Full Version : moggiali read

dowzerr
07-22-2003, 08:05 AM
here is the latest news.
Looks like there will be a class for the RS next year but it wont be an official Scottish Championship class.
Lou was racing at East fortune at the weekend there and won every 250 race .
400s are a popular class now so we might get one for next year.

moggiali
07-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Cheers dowzerr

I think the 250's should be run in with the 400's and be allowed tuning, without the restrictive old challenge rules an RS could be made more powerful and lighter relatively cheaply.

I was at the Melville races in April and the 250's were in with the 600's and I presume this is always te case - What sort of times was Lewis putting in compared to the 600's? it looked to be not to bad considering to two straights.

Anyway keep an ear out for me I really appreciate talking to someone who already involved in scottish racing.

Later Mog

dowzerr
07-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Cant rememeber the times but he was pretty close to the midfield 600 runners and got held up by a few in the corners.
The track layout is different now at East Fortune and is better for watching, and in Lewis' opinion is better for riding.
On the subject of the F400 class, it may happen.
Lewis is selling his lightly tuned MRO RS250 soon I think.

moggiali
07-23-2003, 04:14 PM
You say lightly tuned RS. How strictly are the RS's checked in KDMC? Or does he have two machines?

By the way why dowzerr?

Mog

dowzerr
07-23-2003, 04:53 PM
We have a standard bike for KDMC and the MRO spec bike with kit ignition and pipes.
KDMC very rarely check bikes unless someone puts in a protest.
But they should do random dyno checks.
My name is Garry DOW - Dowzerr has been my nickname since primary School in Houston, Renfrewshire.