PDA

View Full Version : really good riding last weekend here in so cal?

Schu
10-03-2005, 10:38 PM
to bad I was not around to enjoy it:

Motorcyclist Fatally Struck By Ambulance In San Juan Capistrano

SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif. -- A motorcyclist (Christopher Rivers,31) was fatally struck Saturday by an Orange County Fire Authority ambulance as the paramedics were en route to a medical-aid call, a fire captain said.
The crash on Ortega (74) Highway, two miles north of Antonio Parkway, occurred at 7:17 a.m., said OCFA Capt. Stephen Miller.
The paramedics were responding to a call -- received at 7:06 a.m. -- of a person "down in a vehilce" when the crash with the motorcycle occurred, Miller said.
Rivers was westbound on ortega, when cars slowed for teh orange county fire paramedics in the east bound lanes.
Rivers veered left and crossed into on coming traffic, the CHP said.
The ambulance crew -- who were not injured -- rendered aid to the motorcyclist while other paramedics were sent to handle the original medical- aid call, Miller said.
The motorcyclist, a man believed to be in his 30s, died at the scene, officials said.
Authorities were unable to locate the person who was the subject of the original call, said Miller.
He said the fatal crash was the subject of a multi-agency investigation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collision on I-5 kills motorcyclist

A san diego woman was killed saturday in a motorcycle crash on the northbound santa ana freeway.
Denise Flyer, 28, thrown from her motorcycle at 2:34 am when she collided with a car that was trying to avoid a previous craash.
She was then hit by another car, said the CHP.

Beau1K
10-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Hate hearing about that stuff. Seems like they weren't driving in a defensive manner. You gotta be sooooooo damn defensive. All the time!
:chillpill

Schu
10-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Hate hearing about that stuff. Seems like they weren't driving in a defensive manner. You gotta be sooooooo damn defensive. All the time!
:chillpill

Here here!!!

keithroxx
10-03-2005, 11:33 PM
we came upon the scene of the ortega crash about an hour after it occured. the responding authorities did not completely cover the body, leaving the guy's bloody stump of an arm outstretched from under the yellow plastic sheet in plain view of every passer by.
I have very close friends and family that are fireman and I dont want to sound like I'm dissing the police, or the paramedics, but I found that to be a little undignified.