PDA

View Full Version : What first?

BigAl
09-19-2005, 09:23 AM
Having just got my new '05 RSVR,
what do you recomend the first mod should be?
Cans, PC3, or anything else.

BigAl.

derrickhackman
09-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Disable the flapper... easy (<5 mins) and costs nothing (for the most part) and get new cans and MAP2 (note this is all one modification :rolleyes: ).

Dr. Thrillride
09-19-2005, 10:12 AM
15 front sprocket or 43 rear and get the suspension tuned to your weight and riding style. Then add cans and map 2. Forget the power until you learn thow to ride it first.

Disable the flapper... easy (<5 mins) and costs nothing (for the most part) and get new cans and MAP2 (note this is all one modification :rolleyes: ).

derrickhackman
09-19-2005, 10:37 AM
15 front sprocket or 43 rear and get the suspension tuned to your weight and riding style. Then add cans and map 2. Forget the power until you learn thow to ride it first.
Righto, I assume suspension is just part of set-up ... thanks for keeping me honest.
:peace:

flip
09-19-2005, 05:06 PM
How do you enable map 2???

derrickhackman
09-19-2005, 06:09 PM
I am not the expert here but I can tell you what I know/have learned. Map 2 is installed with the stock ECU and can be enabled with the Axone diagnostic tool at any reputable Aprilia dealer/shop. Now here is the tricky part, there are build numbers to the software that is Map2. Depending on what you already have by default (based on month/year of bike build) you may need to have an upgraded build of Map2.

So again, Map2 is on your ECU by default and you need a dealer to change the engine variant.

Someone please chime in if I am off base.

kwagga
09-20-2005, 02:26 AM
Al,

Some good advice here from the members. This is my 2 cents.

The best thing to do is ride the bike and get used to chassis & throttle feedback. Once you understand how the bike behaves with your riding style, you can start making small changes at a time. You will enjoy this GREAT bike more if you can feel these incremental changes (map2, changing exhaust characteristics, gearing, and suspension setup) and understand why you made them.

In short, learn with the bike and then slowly evolve with it!

Have loads of fun.

ckruzel
09-20-2005, 04:32 PM
lighter wheels

bbrown721
09-20-2005, 07:59 PM
i agree with all the above, i recently bought a new black 04 rsvr and learning how the bikes rides is really first thing and decide what needs to be done from there to suit your tastes, but slip-ons and map 2 are the usual places riders start

enjoy and ride safe

CETME
09-20-2005, 10:26 PM
I also just bought a Factory.... I'm not modding it until I get the suspension setup and until I feel comfortable on it.....

my bike before the Factory is a Ducati Monster 750 (still have it of course) and I could ride it to its limit.... with the Mille, Its limit is way higher than my skill... and I dont feel 100% comfortable with it yet.

kwagga
09-21-2005, 02:36 AM
lighter wheels

yeah, BST Carbon's :lover: