PDA

View Full Version : Renegade Airbox kit

Gorf
09-15-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm thinking about picking this up on the suggestion of some of the posts made in the forums here, but I was curious how any of you that installed this kit have take thier claim about the crankcase breather line:

The Kit comprises of a base plate in Carbon replacing the Airbox, a Superflow Filter to be fitted on top of the trumpets and an extention to redirect the crankcase breather pipe at present going into the stock air box.

Our suggestion is for this breather to be used as a chain lube kit. More about it in the instructions.

Is that would you all did? Coming from a drag racing background, I know that crankcase vacuum is a benefit to power production. Wouldn't it be better to leave the breather line in a location where a little vacuum is pulled on it?

alice
09-15-2005, 01:39 PM
mine has been routed onto the chain ever since it's installation around a year ago - no problems at all.

mysubaruimp
09-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Some good ideas in this thread that you could work from.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58598&highlight=renegade+breather

scott2ride
09-15-2005, 10:26 PM
The rene idea to use to lube the chain works fine. I dont know if doing so will lose power due to the 'no vaccume' effect, but I doubt it.

alice
09-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Just don't try the route of mounting the oil breather filter (if you choose that route) onto the 'carbon' plate. You will eventually find that the filter blows oil all over the place and makes a damned mess.
You've then got a hole to plug in the plate and you've wasted money...
Best solution (IMO) is to buy a length of rubber oil/fuel resistant hose from your local motorcycle dealer and just route this down onto the chain. Don't buy thinner hose as it moves about and sprays the oil film all over the place - the fuel hose is just the right diameter to be held in place by the frame/motor. Mine is mounted approx 2-3mm above the chain, just after the front sprocket guard.
Beats spending money on a Scottoiler... :)

Gorf
09-16-2005, 12:22 PM
What about running it back into the intake whence it came? What is under the filter in the Renegade kit? Is it impossible to mount the breather line so it just dumps into the intake? Down into the stacks? That's where it comes from originally right?

scott2ride
09-18-2005, 08:07 PM
On my 02 Mille I had a Rene kit at one point in the bikes life. I used a Can of Reb Bull and had the feeder pipe go into there. Emptioed it every time I changed my oil. And it was never more than an inch deep.

alice
09-19-2005, 02:43 AM
Gorf, what you have under the filter on the Rene kit is just the Velocity Stacks & Throttle Bodies - nothing else. So routing the breather back into that area won't work.
There are 3 options:
1 route it onto the chain
2 route it into as can (as per scotty)
3 don't fit one !!
Personally if I were you I'd pick either option 1 or 2 - both ideas work..and the sound is just unexplainable...
cheers

Neil

Exdukenut
09-19-2005, 03:13 AM
The kit comes with a pipe/tube/hose that will reach your chain. Just run it down to there! I've had one on for some 3 years now on a Falco and no dramas and it hasn't been very messy at all, quite clean as a matter of fact! These years of ownership have included lots of track days at high rpms to quite a few long distance cruisers/tours and the usual weekend blasts.

:cool: