PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen these

11b30b4
09-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Anyone seen these? Your thoughts?
http://www.axio-usa.com/html/p1.html

Rutan
09-11-2005, 10:38 AM
I've looked at them before, but can't get myself to spend over $120 on a backpack. I really like the product, but it's just too pricey for me.

Marcus

Schu
09-11-2005, 12:46 PM
I've looked at them before, but can't get myself to spend over $120 on a backpack. I really like the product, but it's just too pricey for me.

Marcus

Shoot, I have seen them, and seeing as how I just got snookered on a $120 monopod for my digial camera, I may have to getthis to match the Carbon Carbon toilet seat in my master bedroom

topgear177
09-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Shoot, I have seen them, and seeing as how I just got snookered on a $120 monopod for my digial camera, I may have to getthis to match the Carbon Carbon toilet seat in my master bedroom
:funnypost
I think it looks like a nice pack, but i'll stick with my $30 Jansport :banana:

Maxhawk
09-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Jeff, I prefer a tail bag. I have a jumbo sport tailbag from Roadgear. Works great if you use the pillion seat.

http://www.roadgear.com/catalog/resources/products/92large-4.jpg

duc slayer
09-12-2005, 05:01 PM
unfortuneately the first time I'd seen this pack it was in the fast & furious so I'm surprised that you don't see all the squids wearing them

11b30b4
09-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Thanks max for the suggestion.
Based on some of the responses
Here is the reason for this post :soap:
I started looking for a tank bag a few months ago so I could carry (army) stuff when I ride as opposed to driving. Since December I had been using a standard 3 day assault pack (back pack) and when I started looking on the forum for suggestions I noticed the speed pac tank bag. The assault pack has straps that beat the hell out of me at high speeds. So a hard pack or tank bag would be an improvement. As for the speed pac, I like the look and the functionality of it. As I looked on the internet I found the pack posted here. I was just getting a feel from everyone on it. As for it being in fast & furious, I did not waste my time seeing the movie so I would have no idea that pack was in it. Nor have I seen anyone else with one, and thatís what appealed to me. As with owning an aprilia, itís not the norm. Itís a well built sexy Italian bike. And you donít see them everywhere. For the same reason I choose to wear Dainese or Alpinestars instead of Icon or Joe rocket. BTW I did not see torque until after I became an aprilia owner. In the end I guess everyone own what they own for all sorts of reasons. Thatís just my 2 cents.
PS torque sucked, but the leathers and the rsvr looked great.

zedx9
09-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Try this: http://www.kriega.com/ I have the R25 and it beats the other packs I've used hands down. Not cheep, but very practical and single purpose. Nothing to flap, easy on and off and comfy to wear - IMO

Heres a pic of me with it on: http://www.pbase.com/ken_ross/image/49093433

Eddy Schipper
09-12-2005, 10:14 PM
I have one. I bought it spring 2004 as soon as it came out. It works great, doesn't move around on you, and is totally unaffected by the wind. The pack doesn't have a ton of capacity though, so you need to pack smart if you are going to use it for a trip. I took a trip from Park City, UT to LA with it, got caught in a huge rainstorm. Everything stayed dry. I would recommend it but you have to like to pack light. I never watched fast and furious and could care less, just wanted something that would be comfortable and wouldn't flap all over the place with some spirited riding.

ckruzel
09-13-2005, 08:50 AM
For the same reason I choose to wear Dainese or Alpinestars instead of Icon or Joe rocket. .

my friends icon leather jacket has a tag in it that says "not to be worn as protective gear" - THATS why i don't buy it, plus joe rocket disintegrates on any impact, i chose astar

i say get the backpack, if you have alot of use for one, get it, i rarely use one, so my jansport is good enough for me

Ezduzit99
09-13-2005, 11:30 AM
That backpack is perfect for the subsonic Jimmy John's sandwich delivery boy. Looks like it would insulate a warm one as well.

duc slayer
09-13-2005, 12:43 PM
I agree torque did suck as did all the leathers and 90% of the bikes.