PDA

View Full Version : Bad Motorcycle

Squire
09-10-2005, 11:55 PM
My motorcycle has been exhibiting ever increasing bad social behavior, and I am at near wits end as to what to do about it. It all began with its insatiable appetite for just about every performance and bling bling modification available. I'm beginning to think that I may have been wrong to have ever indulged it.

My biggest concern lately is its inclination to ride at ever increasing speeds on public roads. It absolutely loves to go `canyon carving'. But can it take a nice scenic tour at a leisurely pace? No. It has to go charging up to a curve, forcing me to brake, and then deal with ever increasing lean angles to get through the turn. And look out if it has to ride behind a vehicle which is only going the posted speed limit. All it can think about is how to get around them.

The final straw was a trip we took recently through southern Utah. Sure, the roads are wide open with virtually no traffic. But coming up on a lone mini-van and passing them at 130 mph is, well, somewhat anti-social.

I have tried grounding it, but all it does is sit in the garage and annoy me with its non stop pouting. It only seems to be happy when I'm riding it.

What should I do?

Catatonic
09-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Dude, the only thing you can do is give the bitch what she wants. If you don't, nobody is happy. :)

kzmille
09-11-2005, 12:16 AM
What should I do?

Get your kit together and do a track day.

Arnie
09-11-2005, 09:31 AM
We are all afflicted with the same malady. ;) Give in to the Italian temptress and you will both be happy!

Ty
09-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Get your kit together and do a track day.

:plus: What he said.

Turpentine
09-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Expected a freudian slipped "I" instead of "it" before the end of the story...

A track day at my favorite track is what I'd unwind on.

Squire
09-11-2005, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=Turpentine]Expected a freudian slipped "I" instead of "it" before the end of the story...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm - That would have made me responsible for the anti-social behavior, and not the bike. Are you suggesting that I take all the blame?

thrillaprilla
09-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Co - dependent
Enabler
Co - conspiriter

Oh, what the fuck! Ride the bitch like you rented it!