PDA

View Full Version : How do rearsets effect comfort on the road?

scott2ride
09-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Im considering getting rearsets, but am a little unsure as I have never used them before. I use my Factory 95% on the road, do 4-5 track days a year and a couple of tours.

One such yearly tour is 12 days of about 450-600km per day. So comfort is critical.

So my questions are...

1. How do rearsets effect the comfort of the bike?

2. Will they put more weight on my wrists or does it just make it more comfy to have the feet farther back?

3. How much better is it for back road scratching? (Which is primarily where my riding is).

4. Will it turn me into Rossi? (Cos Im sick of riding like Gibernau! :p: )

I have some adjustable bars on the bike now and have them in the raised position 85% of the time. Plus Im 5'10" and a 'solid' :D 89-91kg (ish) in street clothes.

Dr. Thrillride
09-09-2005, 09:35 PM
well, where do you want your feet/knees to be to make you more comfortable? We're about the same height and weight, but proportionally speaking, is your torso long and your legs short? or are you pretty average? My rearsets are adjusted backwards and up to get me forward on the bike for the track, which isn't going to help you on the street. But, it doesn't seem like my PP tuning rearsets go any lower than the stockers (I'll have a check see). There's a lot of adjustment in the PP Tuning rearsets and they're not that expensive.

amauri
09-10-2005, 12:02 AM
As I see it, there are two types of rear sets besides the originals.

The fancy, expensive and multiadjustable ones that are good for street use.
And the no frills, inexpensive, sometimes non-adjustable ones you see on race bikes.

If you want to experiment and find a comfy riding position, get the fancy ones.
If you want to go racing, get Woodcraft or PP Tuning.

scott2ride
09-12-2005, 07:47 PM
We're about the same height and weight, but proportionally speaking, is your torso long and your legs short?

I think my legs are slightly longer and with a stockier body....

Or at least thats my excuse, cos I think my tummy was meant for someone with a much longer torso than me, as it is all bunched up at the front :D

A.Miller
09-13-2005, 01:42 AM
My rearsets are adjusted backwards and up to get me forward on the bike for the track, which isn't going to help you on the street. But, it doesn't seem like my PP tuning rearsets go any lower than the stockers (I'll have a check see). There's a lot of adjustment in the PP Tuning rearsets and they're not that expensive.

Doc, are these the ones?

http://www.ducatikaemna.de/cms_en/katalog.htm?&view=artikel&artikel=1154

They seem to have quite wide adjustment range, but unfortunately no drawing of the range and it's location is provided (like Acculign has). Acculigns are probably the best there are when it comes to adjustment range.

Exdukenut
09-13-2005, 03:13 AM
or are you pretty average?

You finally have Scott2ride, picked, as a person.......pretty average sort of bloke, no too handsome, not too "fugly", (but close! :D)! And it took this long to finally say it. Politically correct or what! :D :D

:cool:

muppet
09-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Got Sato II's on my factory which are multi adjustable.

Did lots of measuring after fitting and in their lowest setting they are fractionally lower and further back than the stockers. Which suits me as I'm fairly tall.

Don't know if this really makes much difference in the real world, but they are certainly no less comfortable than the standard items and they look the muts nuts.... mmm shiny... :D

ckruzel
09-13-2005, 08:38 AM
i have acculigns, i love them, i have them up and back one position, both eccentrics rotated up and back

very nice quality, plus all the parts are available right through af1 should you need any

Dr. Thrillride
09-13-2005, 10:02 AM
those are the ones...

Doc, are these the ones?

http://www.ducatikaemna.de/cms_en/katalog.htm?&view=artikel&artikel=1154

They seem to have quite wide adjustment range, but unfortunately no drawing of the range and it's location is provided (like Acculign has). Acculigns are probably the best there are when it comes to adjustment range.

scott2ride
09-13-2005, 06:28 PM
You finally have Scott2ride, picked, as a person.......pretty average sort of bloke, no too handsome, not too "fugly", (but close! :D)! And it took this long to finally say it. Politically correct or what!

Bastard Aussie! :aussie: :bond: :fangs:

Dr. Thrillride
09-13-2005, 11:25 PM
apparantly Deano says his wife is really gorgeous so he can't be that fugly. oops sorry dean, hope i didnąt give you up there pal:D:D

You finally have Scott2ride, picked, as a person.......pretty average sort of bloke, no too handsome, not too "fugly", (but close! :D)! And it took this long to finally say it. Politically correct or what! :D :D

scott2ride
09-13-2005, 11:34 PM
That's not Dean, thats Leigh! The Sydney based bloody Falco rider. Whats he doing 'stalking' in our forum anyway!

Dr. Thrillride
09-13-2005, 11:35 PM
no, dean at the opposite end of your island extrodinaire.

scott2ride
09-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Oh, I see what you mean! You wernt meaning that Dean was ExdukeNut, you simply meant that Dean happened to say my wife was a babe!

Actually his wife quite tasty too. She must be a little nuts cos she's with Dean, but she is tastie. Which is weid really as Dean looks like a Buell that's been in a bad accident! ;)

Exdukenut
09-14-2005, 12:04 AM
his wife is really gorgeous so he can't be that fugly.

Dr, even ugly people are fealt sorry for! So Scott's wife obviously felt for his pitiful looking face, and decided he must have had a pretty good heart, so married him, in the end. Who'd have him otherwise! :D :D :D (PS: Scott's wife is very good looking by the way IMHO! You end up looking at her, when you meet, rather than him! :D :D :D)

scott2ride
09-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Dont think you will get off lightly young fella. You are in trouble and I know where you live! :D

Norcal Factory
09-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Check out the Acculigns sold from AF1 racing. They have the most adjustable range of any rearsets and will adjust down and back over 1" from stock to give you more leg room for street riding. They also adjust up and forward or back if you want to for track use.

They do not require linkage for shifting like Sato and others. The ones with linkage are wider and move the pegs out from the frame - not so good.

Rearsets with linkage have more things to go wrong, wear out or break.

X-CBR MAN
09-14-2005, 05:40 PM
I use them because 1 knee is cramped under the tank, now they are even and feal more in control.