PDA

View Full Version : sorry about the last link, have a look now.......

Apriliain
09-07-2005, 04:34 AM
as per my previous thread "this is what the Factory is meant for"

photos of my Scottish trip this week (http://photobucket.com/albums/y61/smokinrsvr/?action=view&slideshow=true)

NOTE:- click on the dropdown "Slideshow interval" to alter the speed

Enjoy.........i did :peace:

Wolfman
09-07-2005, 05:06 AM
Damn, them pictures look good! Next summer a trip to scotland is DEFINITELY on my list of things to do. You gotta send me a full breakdown of the route you took. Judging by them pictures, the roads look amazing! :lover: I bet it beats the roads of London anyday!!

alice
09-07-2005, 05:13 AM
absolute class pics - looks like a cracking tour - hows about posting up what your route was + recommended stop overs...
cheers

Neil

Catatonic
09-07-2005, 06:18 AM
Wow - really a beautiful place. Is the pavement as rough as it looks in those pictures?

Apriliain
09-07-2005, 07:13 AM
absolute class pics - looks like a cracking tour - hows about posting up what your route was + recommended stop overs...
cheers

Neil

Here is a link to a site one of the lads did from a trip in 2004, i will try and post a route and recommended stop overs later :)

Iain

RZRob
09-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Apriliain,

Nice pics. Looks like the kind of adventure many like me dream of. You had the right bike (silver Factory with Arrows) that's for sure. One thing caught my eye: Not a soul on the roads. Was that the way it was? I would have liked to have seen a few shots of the people (you) in action. Although I'm camera shy and even don't feel comfortable taking pictures of people, I find it's those ones that I like the most when it's all over. I just always wish I'd have taken more of that type.

RZ Rob :peace:
PS: I use Photobucket too for my eBay stuff. You showed me a whole new use.

Floyde
09-07-2005, 09:09 AM
I'm leaving for scotland on Friday for the weekend.
On boat from Mann friady morning..get to heysham early lucntime and then travel up west coast with me mate. Get to castle.. Eillean Donnan (Spelling?) and then into B&B just down the road. Lap of Loch Ness on Sat and tour around... cant wait!
Love the pics dude!

alice
09-07-2005, 09:30 AM
Floyd, if you are staying over in the north east or lakes area at some point, give me a shout and I'll try to meet up with you guys - that is if you want a bit of Prilla company :)

Apriliain
09-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Apriliain,

Nice pics. Looks like the kind of adventure many like me dream of. You had the right bike (silver Factory with Arrows) that's for sure. One thing caught my eye: Not a soul on the roads. Was that the way it was? I would have liked to have seen a few shots of the people (you) in action. Although I'm camera shy and even don't feel comfortable taking pictures of people, I find it's those ones that I like the most when it's all over. I just always wish I'd have taken more of that type.

RZ Rob :peace:
PS: I use Photobucket too for my eBay stuff. You showed me a whole new use.

Rob, i was on my own this time around so no pics of anyone at all, that is the way a lot of the roads are, no traffic to speak of, the surface is bad on some roads but others it is pretty grippy even in the wet.

Floyde, try and do some of the roads i mention, the run up the side of Loch Ness is OK but does not compare to the ones i was on. If you go past Eillan Donnan for a few miles turn right at Nostie onto a great road along the side of Loch Carron then onto Achnasheen you can then turn right at Gorstan and head back to Inverness and do your run along the banks of Loch Ness.
But if you have the time when you get to Achnasheen turn left and head for Kinlochewe up the side of Loch Maree and through Gairloch and join the Inverness to Ullapool road turn right and this will take you back to Inverness.
That would be the route if you have the time, if you have plenty of time then turn left and head for Ullapool right up to Laxford Bridge, you will never forget that run, believe me.

Have fun :peace:

RDBUL
09-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Great pics, looks like a lot of fun. I am going to have to do some riding next time I go back to see the family. :peace:

hass
09-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Thx for those pics - bike and roads both look great!
:peace:

Apriliain
09-08-2005, 04:07 AM
Sorry guys, i forgot to give you that link in one of my previous posts re a trip a few of us did in 2004 with a route and photos etc.

click here for pictures and route map (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.dezeeuw/Sound%20of%20Thunder.htm)

Iain :)

PS some are a bit naughty :p:

Floyde
09-13-2005, 04:01 AM
Heres my pics from Scotland.. Covered just over 1200 miles.. It was a breath taking road trip... the scenery is just stunning...
Heres the pics Scotland September 2005 Road Trip (http://photobucket.com/albums/a362/Floydeh/ScotlandSept2005/?action=view&slideshow=true)

Apriliain
09-13-2005, 02:22 PM
looks like you had good weather mate, apart from the Friday i would reckon coz it was manky here, i can see your Island quite clearly most days from Isle of Whithorn, anyway great pictures, the castle looked very quiet, was it early in the day, hope you kept an eye open for the sheep on skye, i clouted one at about 120mph in the wet a few years ago and managed to stay on board, my pants were a bit dirty though!!

Next time you venture over try the roads i suggested to you in a previous post, you will love it and they are not as busy as the ones you just did.

Iain