PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to remap.

RDBUL
08-31-2005, 08:10 AM
I already have the map 2 installed into the ECU. I am going to be getting the bike on a Dyno next week, ordering the pcIII after I see the numbers. Question is do I need to install one of the new maps that aprilia have recently made available. I guess I should be asking Clarkie. :peace: :confused:

Rollin Fast
08-31-2005, 07:54 PM
A Power Commander properly set up will negate any map that is in there, but why not start off with the optimum base map and work from there with the PCIII.

Here is a setup sheet that we are sending customers that purchase the Tigcraft 60mm Race pipes from us. This map would hold true for any set of completely open race pipes without inserts in them. (Slip-ons or a complete system)

Re: 2004-2005 RSV Tigcraft set-up (New Mappings 2004-2005)

Notes/Comments:
What needs to be done with the Axone Scan Tool and Exhaust Gas Analyzer:

Motorcycles manufactured before February 2004, frame numbers up to ZD4RR00004S003947 and motorcycles with mapping 664582 or 664584
(3-wire flywheel pickup sensor connector)

When installing open pipes such as the Tigcraft slip-ons you will need to download mapping 664588 (VD5G68Z$.BIX)

On completion of reprogramming, check the parameter “engine variant” is set to
Engine Variant 2. If it is not, set it to 2.

Motorcycle manufactured from February onwards, frame numbers from ZD4RR00004S003947 and motorcycles with mapping 664583 (2-wire flywheel pickup sensor)

When installing open pipes such as the Tigcraft slip-ons you will need to download mapping 664587 (VD5L68X$.BIX)

On completion of reprogramming we highly recommend checking the CO balances of the engine.

With an exhaust gas analyzer attached to the ports on your exhaust system try to set the CO levels on both the front and rear cylinders to about 2%-4%. Always set the front cylinder first. In some situations we are unable to get the front cylinder to 2%. If this happens you will probably see a reading of about 1.5%.
Compensate for this slight lean condition in the front by setting the rear cylinder to about 2%. This could also be vice versa with the rear lean.

When the CO levels are set properly you should see front & rear cylinder pressure differences on the Axone scan tool of about 50 HPA + -10. With the front cylinder having the greater pressure.

John / Rollin' Fast Cycle Sports

http://www.rollinfast.com
(908) 236-9000

Silver-Bolt
08-31-2005, 08:01 PM
A Power Commander properly set up will negate any map that is in there, but why not start off with the optimum base map and work from there with the PCIII.

Here is a setup sheet that we are sending customers that purchase the Tigcraft 60mm Race pipes from us. This map would hold true for any set of completely open race pipes without inserts in them. (Slip-ons or a complete system)

Re: 2004-2005 RSV Tigcraft set-up (New Mappings 2004-2005)

Notes/Comments:
What needs to be done with the Axone Scan Tool and Exhaust Gas Analyzer:

Motorcycles manufactured before February 2004, frame numbers up to ZD4RR00004S003947 and motorcycles with mapping 664582 or 664584
(3-wire flywheel pickup sensor connector)

When installing open pipes such as the Tigcraft slip-ons you will need to download mapping 664588 (VD5G68Z$.BIX)

Motorcycle manufactured from February onwards, frame numbers from ZD4RR00004S003947 and motorcycles with mapping 664583 (2-wire flywheel pickup sensor)

When installing open pipes such as the Tigcraft slip-ons you will need to download mapping 664587 (VD5L68X$.BIX)

On completion of reprogramming we highly recommend checking the CO balances of the engine.

With an exhaust gas analyzer attached to the ports on your exhaust system try to set the CO levels on both the front and rear cylinders to about 2%-4%. Always set the front cylinder first. In some situations we are unable to get the front cylinder to 2%. If this happens you will probably see a reading of about 1.5%.
Compensate for this slight lean condition in the front by setting the rear cylinder to about 2%. This could also be vice versa with the rear lean.

When the CO levels are set properly you should see front & rear cylinder pressure differences on the Axone scan tool of about 50 HPA + -10. With the front cylinder having the greater pressure.

John / Rollin' Fast Cycle Sports

(908) 236-9000
With Tigs we have no ports to connect the gas annalizer to. What's the best method? Sniffer?

Rollin Fast
08-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Yes, all exhaust gas analyzers should come with a sniffer attachment and that is the best method. It is not as exact as grabbing it right out of the head like the oem setup is, but it works fine for what you are trying to accomplish. Try to keep no more than a 1% differential between both cylinders if possible. We try to acheive as close to 3% CO level on both cylinders.

The Tig full system is a work of art! :cathat:

John / Rollin' Fast Cycle
(908) 236-9000

duc slayer
09-01-2005, 04:16 PM
:plus: I COULDN'T AGREE MORE, I'VE NEVER ACTULLY SEEN THEM IN PERSON, BUT THE PICS I'VE SEEN OF THE HEADER IS DEFINATELY ARTWORK AT IT'S FINEST.

kwagga
09-03-2005, 03:45 PM
I already have the map 2 installed into the ECU. I am going to be getting the bike on a Dyno next week, ordering the pcIII after I see the numbers. Question is do I need to install one of the new maps that aprilia have recently made available. I guess I should be asking Clarkie. :peace: :confused:

You should ask yourself if you are happy with your current setup. I still have the "old" map 2 loaded and will not load the new one. Why??? Don't fix something if it is not broken. Good clean throttle response throughout the rev range.

Newer is not always better!