PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ride With NESBA?

hank
08-29-2005, 01:05 PM
I recently joined NESBA for some track dates - anyone have any experience with them? How are they to ride with?

I also do events with Team Pro Motion and Reduc - I assume that NESBA is comparable.
:peace:

BikerGeek
08-29-2005, 02:13 PM
I am not familiar with your other two track organizations, but NESBA is a good group. My only issue with NESBA is the fact that the NESBA novice class is really like intermediate elsewhere. Intermediate is like advanced. And advanced tends to be for true racers. As an experienced track addict, I signed up for intermediate but was under constant pressure to go faster or be bumped down. Their novice group is a little more laid back.

For a true beginner rider, STT has a better beginner novice program.

Ride safe.

john flores
08-30-2005, 10:08 AM
I only rode with them once and had a good experience. I concur with BikerGeek in the speed of their groups. I ride Reduc also, and NESBA Intermediate is about equal to Reduc Advanced.

NESBA has a handful of control riders spaced out on the track for each session with one simple rule - do not pass the control rider. The control riders set an appropriate tempo for the session and do a good job of preventing bunching up and congestion.

Whorepedo
08-30-2005, 01:11 PM
For a true beginner rider, STT has a better beginner novice program.

Ride safe.

thats true. Nesba is much more organized than STT for a regular trackday, though. also you get rain insurance with your membership fee. not so in STT.

<--Nesba #44

Dug206
08-30-2005, 01:47 PM
I've never ridden with NESBA. But the truth of the matter is that nobody compares to Champion Sportbike Club. :peace:

hank
08-30-2005, 03:48 PM
I've never ridden with NESBA. But the truth of the matter is that nobody compares to Champion Sportbike Club. :peace:

Yes - of course! but until CSC gets weekend dates at Pocono (OR that new track being built somewhere way down in South NJ), it is a non-starter for me (no pun intended).... :rolleyes: