PDA

View Full Version : RSVR maps

Weapons Guy
08-24-2005, 01:40 PM
I was supposed to pick up my new bike today but the dealer called and wants to wait until tomarrow because Aprilia has released a new map for the 04 RSVR with AKRO EVO6 pipes and they are overnighting the map to him. Is he blowing smoke? Is this a new map or a map he should have already had? Is he just trying to buy more time to get the bike ready? I live almose 100 miles from the dealership so I can't just walk over and see for myself.

He did tell me that if it would be a problem he could update the map when I have my 600 mile done.

Any thoughts?

By the way, I want the bike yesterday!!

alex59
08-24-2005, 03:25 PM
How come your new bike is an 04 model ? You should have by now the 05 versions by now.
Unless your dealer has old stock left at runout deal ?

The 05 has a better front brake set up than 04 and if there is not much in price difference i would buy the 05.

Alex Melb Aust

clarkie49
08-24-2005, 03:51 PM
the software for that pipe has been out for a while but they may not have had a chance to update their Axone, the 'Evo 6' map is what we have been using for all our customer's bikes with slip-ons or a full system, it seems to work very well. it is the software version ending with '588'

clarkie49
08-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Information on the EVO6 exhaust

http://www.aprilia.com/portale/eng/acc_07.phtml

Weapons Guy
08-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the map number clarkie! I will check the number tomarrow.

Yes the bike was a leftover and I got a good deal!! It is also a Factory

amauri
08-24-2005, 06:21 PM
If you look at the fine print on the Evo-6 brochure, it states that the kickstand does not fit with that pipe.
"The mounting of this kit does not allow the assembling of the lateral kickstand"

It's a race only exhaust.

clarkie49
08-24-2005, 06:29 PM
and they still have the small outlets

Weapons Guy
08-24-2005, 08:02 PM
That was the first I have heard about the kick stand. I will have to look into it as it is already installed and the dealer hasn't mentioned anything about it. I worked with him on chosing the exhaust and didn't use the aprilia site.

I didn't want anything too open because I am going to Germany and if it is too loud they will bust my balls.

I hope he didn't talk me into 2Gs worth of exhaust I can't use!! :bangwall:

I will see tomarrow.. Was supposed to be today but my bank sent the check DHL.. Waited...Waited...finally called and found that the driver returned the package saying my address doesn't exist!! Now I have to pick it up 70 miles away from my house!! One good thing is it is on the way to the dealer!!

amauri
08-24-2005, 09:13 PM
That was the first I have heard about the kick stand. I will have to look into it as it is already installed and the dealer hasn't mentioned anything about it. I worked with him on chosing the exhaust and didn't use the aprilia site.
What was the part number for the system you ordered?

Weapons Guy
08-24-2005, 10:41 PM
The dealership ordered it for me.. I don't have the part number

I know that it is installed and they have tested the bike. I would hope that if the sidestand was an issue he would call. He wasn't able to get the exhaust through Aprilia because they are all on vacation this time of year. He got the exhaust from Akro directly and called to ask if it was ok that the exhaust didn't have the Aprilia marking on it. Not a big deal but he did call. I hope he would call on a real big deal!!

amauri
08-25-2005, 12:24 AM
Sounds like you got the regular Akrapovic system.

The EVO-6 is newest of three Aprilia/Akro systems for the 04-05 Milles, it is not listed in the Akro web site.

The first one has a 57mm core ID, four rivets on the end caps, Aprilia p/n 8796765 and has been discontinued thru Aprilia.

The second has a 49mm core ID, six rivets on the end caps with removable baffles for European road certification. Aprilia p/n 8796999.

The third is the EVO-6, I've not seen it so I have no info on it.

Weapons Guy
08-27-2005, 02:06 AM
125 miles and I can't get this perma grin off my face!! I am in love with my new bike!:lover::lover:

Thanks for the software version clarkie49. They uploaded 588 a few hours before I arrived. I will gather exhaust numbers to see exactly which one it is but the side stand is not a problem.

Won't be long before the breakin is complete!! I keep offering to go to the store for the wife who thinks I am being really nice lately.. Just looking for excuses to ride!!

I will work on a few photos especially of the exhaust!