PDA

View Full Version : Cored pipe materials

Dobee
08-19-2005, 10:17 PM
I have been looking for a while now for the muffler core ( the perforated pipe) to do the appropriate mod to my pipes

So far the shops I have visited have looked at me like I was crazy!!!
Is it because I live on an Island or what?

If anybody can point me in the right direction that would be excellent. Or do you have to sit down and drill tons of holes in a piece of pipe :)

Thanks

Marko
08-19-2005, 10:36 PM
You need to look for a metal supply house that deals in all kinds of metals.
Muffler shops wont have any idea what you are talking about. ;)

dre62582
08-20-2005, 01:41 AM
I was looking for something to do this winter, core mod, flapper, pcIII, airbox etc... But if u get the core can u name the store for me and I will get an early start on the project.
dre

Rusnak_322
08-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Look on ebay (or the WERA BBS) for someone selling damaged aftermarket cans.
Chances are that they are not going to do so much damage that they destroy the perforated tube.
I do have some sources for perforated metals at work - but you would have to roll it up yourself.
I also know of places that do that to tubes - but not in small quantities.

Micah / AF1 Racing
08-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Just call M4 Exhausts here in Texas...they will sell you the 2 inch perforated stainless cores for between $20-30 each in 18 inch lengths. I just used one last weekend to make a custom pipe for my buddies Honda XR650R...worked freaking perfect!

Catatonic
08-20-2005, 01:18 PM
I just called a sheet metal shop local to where I live and told them what I wanted. They priced it up on the phone and I'm picking them up late next week.

Schu
08-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Not sure if Burns has what your looking for, but they generally have everythiing i am looking for :) ... they should be called, Burns inconel...
Peace
Schu

burns Stainless (http://www.Burnsstainless.com/)

Dobee
08-21-2005, 03:36 AM
Thanks alot for the info.
I'll try a metal fab shop first.

scott2ride
08-21-2005, 10:01 PM
If you have problems get the metal shop to make it for you. All they need is a sheet of perforated steel, then they roll it to the diameter you want and weld in place.

Thats what we did. See!...

PS. Try and get them to roll it in a conical shape, with 50mm at one end (outlet) and 63mm at the other end (Inlet). That will ensure good back pressure.

Take it from someone who how knows the hard way :D

Dr. Thrillride
08-26-2005, 07:33 PM
it's that cheap hey...that's really bizarre.

Just call M4 Exhausts here in Texas...they will sell you the 2 inch perforated stainless cores for between $20-30 each in 18 inch lengths. I just used one last weekend to make a custom pipe for my buddies Honda XR650R...worked freaking perfect!