PDA

View Full Version : Priller doin' REAL good in World Endurance



Deneb
08-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Well, I'm impressed... the 24-hour world endurance race was held at Oberschleben in Germany this weekend and the Aprilia team, with it's bone-stock RSV finished an unbelievable 7th :worship: :worship: :worship:

Again, this is one of the only stock bikes on the field, competing against superbike-grade 200 horse monsters (some 40 or so of which finished BEHIND the 'priller :D ). To quote the official site (http://www.worldendurance.co.uk/) :

"The Aprilia Motociclismo Test team continue to go from strength to strength, with their almost standard bike finishing in seventh place. "

Also: http://www.aprilia.com/portale/eng/mag_articolo.phtml?id=928&t=1

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

derrickhackman
08-17-2005, 11:09 AM
You have to wonder about the old 80/20 rule where 80% of the equation falls on the rider and the other 20% is the machine. In any event the proof is in the pudding and bragging rights are to be had :)

Rudolf
08-17-2005, 02:40 PM
I was there for the race and it was awesome. Sure, there were some problems in the beginning like dropping the bike several times during the practice sessions, but during the race itself the Factory and its 3 riders (Aprilia test rider Pellizzon and two journalists) were doing just great.

Unfortunately the second Aprilia in the field was not that fortunate. A private German team had entered the 24h race with a hot Tuono which spilled oil some 15 minutes after the start and caused several ugly looking crashes. A hose had come off the oil cooler... The pace car phase lasted for almost 30 minutes to clean the track again. Although the Tuono was fixed during the pace car phase and went out again, it did not finish due to a bent valve.