PDA

View Full Version : Short Rider Options

caliente
08-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if there are any other vertically challenged RSVR riders.

Has anyone lowered their bike?

I see that I can lower the rear ride height a little. I'm also thinking of lowering the front by raising the forks in the triple clamp. Anyone done this? Have any hints, suggestions, comments?

Thanks,
vu

vduc
08-15-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm 5'-7" and the seat is a little tall, but not really an issue. Just don't stop and you don't have to worry about putting your feet down ;)

clarkie49
08-16-2005, 08:29 AM
we have lowered a couple for our customers, lower the rear rideheight as low as it will go and then drop the front 1-2 lines. 1 line will make the bike handle like it should, 2 lines may make it a little quick in the steering dept but it wont make it unstable :)

Rusnak_322
08-16-2005, 08:32 AM
My girlfriend is 5'2" and she rides my aprilia just fine.
It is all about confidence. Sure, she isn't flatfoot but she has not had any problems so far. She moves to the one side when coming to a stop.

Italibikefreak
08-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Don't worry about it you'll get used to the height of the bike. I'm 5'4" and I raised the forks showing 6 lines and that helped me get alittle closer to the ground. I think 6 lines showing was a recommended setup by Sportrider If I remember correctly. :)

caliente
08-16-2005, 05:37 PM
I don't have any problems riding it, I just wish I didn't have to get off the bike to back it up. I look like such a dork.

I'll try lowering the back and going down a few lines up front. Thanks for the info!

Italibikefreak
08-16-2005, 06:23 PM
I feel your pain, but that's one of the problems with being vertically challenged. Just don't back your bike up :)

fnfalman
08-16-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm 5ft6 with short legs and I can flat foot on one leg. Good enough for me.

velocityjunky
08-16-2005, 07:11 PM
im 5'4 and have the rear raised all the way 3 lines showing on front, i just touch one foot at stops. youll get used to it. ive never been able to flat foot a single bike ive owned and i always get off it to back it up, i have no choice

jwa1
08-16-2005, 07:14 PM
im only 5' 6 and like others, i can flat foot only one side. i did thin out my seat, it is only 1/2" thick. i can now touch my toes on both sides at the same time. to me this is the best option. i like the clearance my priller has compared to the previous gixxer, i an post a pic if needed.

quixoft
08-17-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm the opposite. I've finally found a bike that's higher and fits me better. (6'3") Although even with the RSVR's higher seat I can still flat foot it with both knees bent. :D But you should have seen me on my 600RR. I looked like a praying mantis on top of a cricket.

scratch
08-17-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm about 5'6",7"on a good day, and I have no problems with the stock height of the bike. I can touch the ground on both sides with the balls of my feet comfortably. I also have big feet for my height. I am a size 11. I do have problems getting stuck while baking it up and hitting a small dip. The problem with tippy toeing is stepping on some oil on road, which happened to me while on a stop light. Luckily I avoided falling off and doing the splits in front of all those cars. The previous owner of my bike was shorter than I was and actually dropped it at 0mph because he slipped on oil.

Italibikefreak
08-17-2005, 04:21 PM
The seat height is supposedly lower than my 01 gixxer 750 but for some reason I can't touch the ground as much as on my gixxer. I don't know what it is maybe the seat size or what. It really doesn't matter anymore since I'm already used to the height. :)