PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of these?

ckruzel
08-12-2005, 02:33 PM
thinking about a new set of boots, i have the smx plus, but i like the oxtar's, my smx's are hot in the sun (red/black), the white might be little cooler in the sun

http://www.oxtar.com/oxtar/img/catalogo/prodotti_new/EvoReplicaRX.jpg

RSV_Ecosse
08-12-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm guessing they will be a total nightmare to keep clean?

Not my cup of tea.......too Star Wars "stormtrooperish" for me m8!!!

NellyMiha05
08-12-2005, 05:00 PM
I think they look awsome. Send me a link, cause my got old enough. Need to buy another one

derrickhackman
08-12-2005, 06:01 PM
They are cool but white will be a 'biatch' to keep clean. My anal tendancies want to tell you to go with something darker.

ckruzel
08-12-2005, 06:06 PM
i already have red/black smx plus, these would be not as hot in the sun, plus they are vented for hot weather

Arnie
08-12-2005, 06:16 PM
About the only thing I didn't like about these boots is the lack of expandability in the calf area. Since I have big calves and tuck my leathers in, just make sure you can zip it up all the way. If you wear you leathers over the boot then obviously it's not an issue.

My Sidi's calf area expanded so it was never a problem. I agree with the others regarding the white color, it's gonna be a bitch to keep clean. Sidi has vented ones too though.

derrickhackman
08-12-2005, 06:55 PM
i already have red/black smx plus, these would be not as hot in the sun, plus they are vented for hot weather

I say buy 'em.

Jack_RSV
08-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Awesome....I also say buy'em!

NellyMiha05
08-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Don't worry about cleaning. You ride on asphalt,not on dirt. White color is a little sensitive,and hard to keep it clean,but those boots look good.

amauri
08-12-2005, 07:26 PM
I have a set of those boots that I use on the track (too flashy for street use), they fit me perfectly.
I like the adjustable draw string to tighten around the ankle and they did not need any break in, confy from day one.

brightfutures
08-12-2005, 07:45 PM
I like em... as long as they're not attached to the bottom of some gixxer power ranger ensamble.

btw... I've got about 4K miles in the Sidi Strada Evo Air; and I'm very satisfied with the quality of the boot and the amount of air flow from the ventilation system. :)

R1 Rider Ru
08-12-2005, 09:11 PM
I say buy them, have a pair in blk fit well & protect well. happend to have them on when I lowsided my R1. ankle cover has scrathes on it. no problems with foot, highly recomend Oxtar.

Ricky J
08-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Nice quality kit, homeboy J. Zemke also wears 'em.

White boots I've owned have stayed fairly nice looking, and by no means did they require (or receive!) obsessive Kocinski-ish care...

CalPolyMille
08-13-2005, 12:02 AM
I like em. I got some silver/black ones when the first came out and the've saved my feet twice. Great fit with some simple DR scholls inserts. I even had the toe slider pivot bolt fall out on me on a ride and I tried to get a replacement under warranty, and they sent me the entire toe slider assembly for both sides! Sweet. The whites are deffinetly sick. You gotta get some matching gloves. As for upkeep, just clean em and get some white shoe polish.

Deneb
08-13-2005, 06:12 AM
Those are nice Chris, I was about to buy them too. They are Oxtar's top of the line boot, comfortable and flashy...

In the end I spent slightly more and went for Sidi's Vertigo Corsa boots and I'm really happy with them... ventilated, immediately comfortable, extremely protective and very adjustable, with a separate nylon fastening system for the calf area and one for the top of your foot (bridge?). I got the white ones too... sure, they get a little dirty after a while on track BUT in my oprinion that only makes them look better...

If you go for top of the line Alpinestars, Oxtars or Sidis you won't go wrong, just get the ones you like best. ;)

Deneb
08-13-2005, 06:25 AM
You gotta get some matching gloves.

Yep... I would recommend these... :lover:

They are SOOO choice... if you have the means, I highly recommend you pick some up ;)

Jack_RSV
08-13-2005, 06:27 AM
Nothing better than those.... :cool:

Dr. Thrillride
08-13-2005, 09:43 AM
I have the XPDs with no calf adjustment and lost my zipper in the left boot. Not a problem if you know of someone who can replace the zipper, but..

If you've got large calf muscles (or thick ankles), get the adjustables.

Those are nice Chris, I was about to buy them too. They are Oxtar's top of the line boot, comfortable and flashy...

In the end I spent slightly more and went for Sidi's Vertigo Corsa boots and I'm really happy with them... ventilated, immediately comfortable, extremely protective and very adjustable, with a separate nylon fastening system for the calf area and one for the top of your foot (bridge?). I got the white ones too... sure, they get a little dirty after a while on track BUT in my oprinion that only makes them look better...

If you go for top of the line Alpinestars, Oxtars or Sidis you won't go wrong, just get the ones you like best. ;)