PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia World Services - Who are these?

kaillum
08-11-2005, 04:04 AM
Hi guys...

Got my '04 factory (actually registered in Sept '03 bike but its an '04 model if that makes sense) about 3 weeks ago.. and just got the log book through.. It lists 1 previous owner... and they were "Aprilia World Services - Stockport UK"

I'm intrigued as to who these people are and why they would have a bike regsitered to them?
The bike only has 4500 miles on the clock and is in perfect condition.

Also, the bike is currently running Dunlop 207RR's front and back.. these look relatively new, but had been scrubbed up but the time i'd got them (and pretty hard as well with the edges being very 'blued'. I was under the impression that the Factory came from the shop new with Diablo's on.. is this right?

cheers for any help you can enlighten me with

Andy ~ kaillum

Paul Johnston
08-11-2005, 05:29 AM
I think that's who the bikes are registered to if the bike has been used as a demonstrator.

OE Tyres would have been Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas.

HTH

kaillum
08-11-2005, 07:09 AM
thanks Paul.. was just curious as to who the previous owner was..

and I thought it was Diablo's on as standard.. need to get rid of the 207RR's.. prefer the Diablo Supercorsas.. had them on my previous CBR6 and loved them... the 207's seem to be a bit tail happy whereas the S'Corsa's would grip all day long!

amauri
08-11-2005, 09:55 AM
There is no such tire as a "Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas"

kaillum
08-11-2005, 10:01 AM

or is it the Pirelli Diablo Corsa.. :confused: I dunno.. Had Pirelli Diablo something or other on my CBR6.. got about 4k out of a rear tyre... soft & sticky buggers.. I know that much! :cool:

Paul Johnston
08-11-2005, 10:37 AM

OK, I'll try that one again ( but give it 12 months and they'll probably get around to that combination of names :) )
OE Tyres would be Pirelli Supercorsas

GanjamanUSS
08-11-2005, 10:43 AM
there are dragon super corsa's however

and they rock :)

muppet
08-11-2005, 10:55 AM
These guys are the official importers for aprilia in the the UK (they hold the contracts with the main dealers). It's quite likely your bike was either a press bike or an aprilia UK demo bike.

They're pretty approachable, a friendly phone call will probably fill you in on your bikes background.

If the bike has 4500 miles on the clock, I'd expect it to be on fresh rubber anyway. pressures etc for the 207's are listed in the owners manual charts and they will be fine on a Factory. I bought a pair myself for my previous 04 Mille from california Superbike School and they were fine.

Hope that helps.

RZRob
08-12-2005, 02:04 AM
Those that scored an '04 hot off the press got them in September. That's when I got my Factory Serial #45 Biggest rush of my life.

RZ Rob

mnm222876
08-12-2005, 02:44 AM
Have you guys tried the new Pirelli El Diablo Dragon Evo Super Corsa's?

kaillum
08-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Those that scored an '04 hot off the press got them in September. That's when I got my Factory Serial #45 Biggest rush of my life.

RZ Rob

I assume that the Serial number is the Frame Number?? if so.. mine ends in #298... wonder who's got #1!!

cheers for your help on this guys.. got the number for Aprilia World Services UK today so gonna give them a bell and find out whats been going on with my baby...

cheers

Andy ~ kaillum

GanjamanUSS
08-12-2005, 10:42 PM
ask to speak to Neil, I'm sure he's had a spin on it :-p