PDA

View Full Version : Odometer reset

shifter
08-09-2005, 12:57 AM
I replaced the battery on my 04 RSVR Factory and the odometer reset to zero. Not the trip 1 or trip 2 but the main mileage odometer. Surely the bikes real mileage is stored in there somewhere. Anyone out there run into this problem? And if so, how do you restore the bikes mileage. I've got a shop manual, but all it said was the mileage should still be there after battery disconnect.

Bill in OKC
08-09-2005, 09:39 AM
I've read there was a recall for this problem.

amauri
08-09-2005, 09:58 AM
I've not heard or any recalls on the 04s but your old mileage is gone forever.

Bill in OKC
08-09-2005, 10:20 AM
I hope Aprilia is doing something about it - I found this and it looks like some ugly legal complications might arise if it is not fixed:

Tampering with or knowingly misrepresenting an odometer mileage reading is illegal under federal law, which classifies the crime as a felony, carrying penalties of up to three years in prison and/or a $50,000 fine per violation. In addition, if you are the victim of odometer fraud, you have the right to file a civil suit for damages in either state or federal court for up to three times your actual damages or $1,500, whichever is greater (plus attorney’s fees and court costs, under the federal statute).

HixX
08-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Same here - disconnected battery and the odometer re-set. I had the clocks replaced under warranty. The new ones dont do it, but the time speeds up and down :/