PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see this!!!!!!!!!

chad951
08-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Has anyone seen this auction? Is this guy for real??? A 2004 RSVR Factory for $3500. :spankie: Does this guy need money for crack or something? Anyway, I just wanted everyone else to see this so I can assure myself that I'm not seeing things.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aprilia-2004-Aprilia-Factory-R-BUY-IT-NOW-FOR-3500_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38627QQitemZ456626 7767QQrdZ1

Peace and Hair grease.
Cha951

topgear177
08-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Looks legit, I sent him an email as I am sure half the world has. I wonder why he wants an email before he will consider the bid? Is he screening buyers? hope its the real deal would make a great second bike :cool:

mod88
08-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Thats bizarre. I would be skeptical on that one.

schnitzer
08-06-2005, 06:45 PM
sorry but thats to good to be true lol .

kzmille
08-06-2005, 06:54 PM
First time as a seller. Feedback only 3 and all two years ago. If it's legit, it's certainly a good way to generate a lot of interest, but a bit risky without a reserve. Worth watching.

NellyMiha05
08-06-2005, 07:10 PM
There has to be something wrong

thunderex
08-06-2005, 07:17 PM
i'm sure if you write him he has "relocated" overseas and can "ship the bike to you" after you go through an escrow service. if it's real, it's the deal of the century, but it's 99% likely to be a scam.

topgear177
08-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Heres the reply from the seller.

Hi,
My name is Micele Manceli and i'm glad to hear that you are interested about
my bike.This bike is in perfect condition without any damaged or other
problems.I apologise for ending my listing but one of the bidders told me he
will send me the money today for my bike but in this moment he is unable to
send me the payment because he had a problem with the loan so the bike is
still available if you want to buy it.
This bike is in perfect condition!!!
Warranty from the factory international.
Bike is made for USA market and have US specs on it so you wont pay any
customs or import fees on it.
I will send you all papers and documents,clear title,bills of sale to prouve
the ownership and to be able to register it with no problem.
Now i'm located in Germany with my son because he will suffer a kidney
transplant operation this week.

Soo...i hope to obtain for my bike $3.500 US.
The bike has a Clear Title wich you will receive it with the bike.It can be
registerd into your name.Also this bike will arrive with all the
documentations required for registration.I will ship the bike for free via
LUFTHANSA AIRPLANE CARGO Service in 3 days you will have it.
I bought this bike from US,it has US clear title US emissions.

So once again here are the main facts of this transaction:
-FREE SHIPPING
-Clear Title,Warranty,all papers to register the bike
-US mode with US specs

Also,you have nothing to worry about this deal because will be done it in a
secure way.The most important thing in all my activities, is that I am
affiliated at eBay Motors vehicle purchase program and I have a Purchase
Protection Account for USD $20,000 and I assume you know what this means.
If you did not hear about deals through eBay Motors purchase program send
me now your full name and address and eBay Motors will contact you with all
the details regarding this transaction.I am ready to ship the bike
immediately so please contact me asap.

Thank you!

p.s. I need your corect full name and shipping address in order to contact
eBay and start our deal in case you want to buy my bike.

Well, if your kid needs a kidney transplant, I better act fast, perhaps I'll just send my credit card info, social security# along with my name and address to speed up the process. :spankie:

Why bother to waste 5 bucks to create an ad thats a scam? or at least if you do, make it beliveable and use another motorcycle like Ducati. It's not fair to toy with Aprilia enthusiasts :lame:

NellyMiha05
08-07-2005, 06:41 PM
That's the same one i got.

Now he lives in Germany,but on ebay listings the bike was located in Kansas.
If he was asking 10k for the bike,maybe i'd go for bidding.
I hope he got many other things to sell,cause $3,500 won't cover kidney surgery

jam007
08-07-2005, 07:52 PM
It would be great to watch Valentino Rossi do a burn out on this guys face!!!!

What a F......kin scub bag!!!

mod88
08-08-2005, 07:47 AM
I got a similar email when I tried to inquire about a GSXr1300 about a year ago. The guy moved to Italy and said it couldnt be registered there, but for 3000 he would sell and pay for shipping. Money could only be transferred via Western Union.

ride200mi
08-08-2005, 08:36 AM
E-bay has pulled the listing....

sinbad
08-10-2005, 06:49 AM
Nearly got scammed once on ebay. Always now ask for the guys country & city first then ask them if a friend (who lives there) can go round to see the goods.

If they don't like the idea it its a very bad sign.

impuls3
08-11-2005, 09:14 PM
i bought this bike i will let you guys know if its a scam
and he pulled the listing bc someone else told him they would buy it ebay did not pull the listing

Some up grades I have done are,

-Titanium Tigcraft race cans. This exhaust is 105db. Its loud and sets off car alarms.

-Air box flapper removed.

-Sato rear sets

-Evoluzione RSVR Complete Race Airbox Kit. Adds 3-4 HP

-Power commander PCIII USB. Custom map made.

-AFAM 520 chain and sprocket conversion. 16/44 gearing

-Evoluzione licence plate relocator

-Dunlop 208GP tires.

-Tons of carbon fiber

-Had it dynode turns 135 to the rear wheel
and we did the deal through ebay motors so it should be safe

topgear177
08-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Why was the listing on Ebay in Kansas, and the seller with the bike in Germany? Also what insurance do you have to secure your money? I thought it sounded like a great deal, and I hope for your sake it is legit, I will be kicking myself if it was. Please keep us posted.

impuls3
08-11-2005, 09:32 PM
he is supposed to be shipping bike tomorro
ebay motors offers an insureance of up to 20,000 usd

bandicoot
08-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Let us know how this turns out Please.

sinbad
08-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Fingers crossed for you m8, really hope it is legit.

Have you read the small (and very small) print on that insurance?

IGO-WFO
08-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Kiss whatever money you sent goodbye....

impuls3
08-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Guys it was a scam but if i contact my local police they will hand the ase to the fbi and they will handle it from there i called western union and they have the guysadress phone number and everything. He sent me an email from a fake domain it looked real (ebay@support-ebaymotors.com) the lady at western union said he picked the money up nearly 45 minutes after it was transferred. Dont laugh its not funny just be happy it isnt you and yes i wish valentino rossi would do a burnout on the guys face because he just ruined my appeal to ebay and aprilia somehow. sorry about the novel but im just keeping you guys updated

Collier
08-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Guys it was a scam but if i contact my local police they will hand the ase to the fbi and they will handle it from there i called western union and they have the guysadress phone number and everything. He sent me an email from a fake domain it looked real (ebay@support-ebaymotors.com) the lady at western union said he picked the money up nearly 45 minutes after it was transferred. Dont laugh its not funny just be happy it isnt you and yes i wish valentino rossi would do a burnout on the guys face because he just ruined my appeal to ebay and aprilia somehow. sorry about the novel but im just keeping you guys updated

You are kidding me? You bought it and transfered via western union?
Despite the Marketplace Safety Tip on ebay ala:

'Never pay for your eBay item using instant cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram or by recharging somebody's prepaid credit card. These methods are not safe to pay people you do not know personally.

In addition, these payment methods are not eligible for the eBay buyer protection programs.'

:bangwall:

impuls3
08-13-2005, 12:03 PM
dude i know this now i didnt ask for anyone to reply with stuff i already know i am just keeping you guys posted

vsgofast
08-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Hope you get your money back and get that scumbag! Too good to be true!!

jam007
08-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Hey Impuls3, I hate to tell you, but if you tried to buy that bike, then you are a complete idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

novos
08-15-2005, 01:51 PM
just think of all the good stuff you could have done with that money.

buy a bridge

send it to aliens on mars

buy the dude on the grassy knoll a drink

army scope jock
08-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Give me his German address. I'll drive over there with cash in hand. Too bad it is a scam.

Jim Doggett
08-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi All,

Below is the message thread I had with this scammer, which I also copied to spoof@ebay.com. They replied that that email is exclusively for spoofs impersonating ebay, but wouldn't provide (nor could I find) a contact for suspected scammers using their system. I think this is a good example of why traditional retailers, with traditional accountabilities, are worth paying the extra bucks. I'm not opposed to ebay, but will only do business with real business entities that use the system; never individuals outside my own area where product and money cannot be exchanged in person. And for that, Craig's List, which is local person-to-person (and free) is WAY better.

Impuls3, my condolences dude. I suspect the presumed ebay 20 grand gaurantee is what hooked you. I also suspect this **shole is operating in a way that ebay's small print covers them ... I for one would like to see fewer small-text laden "guarantees" and more policing on ebay's part.

Regards,

Jim

My conversation with Michele, or whatever his/her name is:

Michele,

I am suspicious of anyone claiming to sell a motorcycle that's worth well over $10,000 for a mere $3,500, and who's also willing to pay International air freight on an item that's over 700 lbs. when crated, and which also has a large dimensional weight expense. The cost of such a shipment would easily exceed $1,000.

I am hesitant therefore to provide you any details about myself, nor do I wish to pursue the purchase of the item you had listed on ebay.com.

Jim

----- Original Message -----
To: jimd@summa.us
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2005 3:30 AM
Subject: RE: Huh?

Hi,
My name is Micele Manceli and i'm glad to hear that you are interested about
my bike.This bike is in perfect condition without any damaged or other
problems.I apologise for ending my listing but one of the bidders told me he
will send me the money today for my bike but in this moment he is unable to
send me the payment because he had a problem with the loan so the bike is
still available if you want to buy it.
This bike is in perfect condition!!!
Warranty from the factory international.
Bike is made for USA market and have US specs on it so you wont pay any
customs or import fees on it.
Now i'm located in Germany with my son because he will suffer a kidney
transplant operation this week.

Soo...i hope to obtain for my bike $3.500 US.
The bike has a Clear Title wich you will receive it with the bike.It can be
registerd into your name.Also this bike will arrive with all the
documentations required for registration.I will ship the bike for free via
LUFTHANSA AIRPLANE CARGO Service in 3 days you will have it.
I bought this bike from US,it has US clear title US emissions.

So once again here are the main facts of this transaction:
-FREE SHIPPING
-Clear Title,Warranty,all papers to register the bike
-US mode with US specs

Also,you have nothing to worry about this deal because will be done it in a
secure way.The most important thing in all my activities, is that I am
affiliated at eBay Motors vehicle purchase program and I have a Purchase
Protection Account for USD $20,000 and I assume you know what this means.
If you did not hear about deals through eBay Motors purchase program send
me now your full name and address and eBay Motors will contact you with all
the details regarding this transaction.I am ready to ship the bike
immediately so please contact me asap.

Thank you!

p.s. I need your corect full name and shipping address in order to contact
eBay and start our deal in case you want to buy my bike.

impuls3
08-16-2005, 06:07 PM
already did the spoof email bs i did that like 4 days ago but thanks fo the help

Nox
08-16-2005, 07:52 PM
dude i know this now i didnt ask for anyone to reply with stuff i already know i am just keeping you guys posted

Somehow I have to think you are just BSing us... It's too much of a coincidence that a brand newbie just happens to log into the Aprilia Forum and finds this thread. That and I can't believe anyone is gullible enough to actually fall for this scam despite being warned it was a scam.

I think this poster is scamming us....

40oz to freedom
08-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Somehow I have to think you are just BSing us... It's too much of a coincidence that a brand newbie just happens to log into the Aprilia Forum and finds this thread. That and I can't believe anyone is gullible enough to actually fall for this scam despite being warned it was a scam.

I think this poster is scamming us....

:plus:

I can't believe anybody falls for these. The message on all the scams are the same:

1. Sorry, I just moved out the country that's why it's listed in the states.(uh huh, how much did you spend to get your bike there and if you were going to unload it so cheap why didn't you just drive it down to the dealership to sell?)
2. I desperately need to sell as I ran into some unfortunate circumstances.
3. I'll pay for everything including international shipping and suck your dick if you throw in a smile. (let's see, it costs at least $500 to ship a bike to the east coast to the west. Imagine how much of the $3500 sales price that would eat up to send it to the states! You mean to tell me nobody in Germany would buy newer factory that is priced at what you could pick up a wrecked 1999 for!? :spankie: )
4. My reputation is very important and I guarantee a safe transaction. (hmmm, just having to stress that point makes me leary)
5. Please pay through Western Union. (why, services like Pay Pal don't work for you?)

Oh and how the list goes on..........................

If for some reason this is real, I'm sorry to hear about that. Mainly I'm sorry that another scammer has succeeded which in turn continues to motivate them to step up business as usual. I'm sorry you learned your lesson the hard way but look at the bright side: For $3500 you learned a much more valuable lesson and trust me, it could have been much worse.

Ken Z

Paulpt
08-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Man, when it is too good to be true (and this sounded wayyyyy too good), you should really open your eyes. Who in their right mind will sell a high ticket item for nothing and then pay for expensive shipping etc? You really have to be very naive. Also all this scams are written by people that by the way they write, not grammar or typos, but they way they write like "it is of my most interest" and stuff like that which it does not sound normal language.

I posted on the for sale section all the scammers I got when I tried to sell my BMW K1200Rs and that ad was not even on e-bay! it was on paid classifieds and other specific forums, so I would never post or buy any high ticket item on e-bay, unless I (or anyone I know) can go, see, touch what I am intending to buy.

Be careful guys, I hate seeing people ripped off their hard earned cash.

My $0.02

chad951
08-17-2005, 12:18 PM
Wow, I never thought anyone would be stupid enough to actually send this guy money. I kind of feel guilty about starting this thread if our new friend actually did lose $3500. Oh well, you can't protect the stuid and weak all the time. Next time I find something this weird and decide to post it I will include instructions for those suffering from IUHS "Inefficient User Head Space" :lame:

Jet City Racer
08-17-2005, 03:37 PM
I got one of those "I would like to purchase your vehicle" scams when I was selling my 1982 BMW320i. he wanted me to ship it to England and he was of course willing to pay the shipping fees.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense spending 2k to ship a 1k car. :rolleyes:

Weapons Guy
08-17-2005, 05:07 PM
I answered the same listing because I live in the KC area and received the same reply. I also started getting other ebay scam emails shortly after... My answer was to go down and purchase a new 04 factory!! It is'nt here yet but I already ordered the Akro full ti exhaust. I hope I made the right decision...My last bike was/is a nightmare!!!!

sinbad
08-18-2005, 04:06 AM
Was interested in this topic as I was almost scammed on ebay as well.

I agree with all the comments, keep your common sense head screwed on, make sure you can go see the bits, etc.

Otherwise it will cost ya , $$$ or

impuls3
08-22-2005, 08:44 PM
you think iam bsing you i have the western union recipt

Paulpt
08-22-2005, 11:24 PM
This is one of the many request to buy I received when I posted my bike for sale. I am sure these kind of crooks are on e-bay too.

HELLO PAUL,
IT IS QUITE INTERESTING THAT MY CLIENT HAS ACCEPTED MAKING PAYMENT
FOR THE BIKE AFTER CONSIDERING THE PRICE. HE WORKS WITH INTER TRUST
FINANCIAL IN CANADA BUT HE IS PRESENTLY ON A TWO WEEK VACATION IN
SAUDI ARABIA. AS HE EXPLAINED TODAY,HE HAS CASHIER'S CHECK OF USD$16,000
MADE OUT FOR THIS TRANSACTION, THIS IS AS A RESULT OF A LOAN GRANTED
TO HIM FOR THE PURCHASE OF A CAR BUT HE LATER RESORTED TO BUYING A
BIKE AND THAT IS WHAT LED TO THIS TRANSACTION. SO THE CASHIER'S CHECK IS IN
EXCESS OF USD$6,500 SINCE WE HAVE AGREED ON USD$9,500 FOR THE PRICE OF
THE BIKE. HE ADVICE ME TO DISCUSS WITH YOU SO THAT HE CAN MAIL THE CASHIER'S
CHECK TO YOU FOR THE PAYMENT OF THE BIKE BUT YOU HAVE TO REFUND THE
EXCESS TO THE AGENT THAT WILL COME FOR THE PICK-UP SO THAT HE CAN BE
ABLE TO OFFSET SHIPPING CHARGES. THEREFORE,I URGE YOU TO PROV IDE YOUR
COMPLETE MAILING INFORMATION WHICH ARE YOUR NAME, HOME ADDRESS AND
PHONE NUMBER SO THAT HE CAN MAIL THE CASHIER'S CHECK TO YOU VIA COURIER
SERVICE.
THANKS AS I WAIT TO RECIEVE YOUR CONSENT ON THIS TRANSACTION SOON.
THANKS AND GOD BLESS
FELICS........

And this was my reply to this jackass...

Dear Mr. Asshole Felics.

Sure your offer seems reasonable and also trustable. That if you are an asshole like you. I have an idea, why don't you send me the check for twice the amount, I cash it (if there are any funds, which I doubt), I spend all the excess with my friends in Vegas and I return it to you(interest free) to any address in Saudi Arabia at a rate of $0.50 a month for the next 200 years.?

That will be fair, if interested write me back to:

666 Inferno Lane
Lake Felics is an Asshole
County of Jail (your future address).

Thanks Jackass, it's been a pleasure doing business with you.

PS> Can you tell you client to bring me back from Saudi Arabia one of those funny turbants? I need a costume for Halloween. Ah, I forgot I am attaching a picture of the bike, so your client can start dreaming about riding it.
Attached Thumbnails

topgear177
08-22-2005, 11:34 PM
:funnypost :funnypost perfect, thats exactly the kind of response those assh@les deserve.

11b30b4
08-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Well, this is a good reason for us to sell and exchange here as opposed to eBay. At least we are somewhat familiar with each other.

socom23
08-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Impuls3 can you put up a pic of your recipt to settle this interesting thread? :)

40oz to freedom
08-25-2005, 12:13 PM
This is one of the many request to buy I received when I posted my bike for sale. I am sure these kind of crooks are on e-bay too.

HELLO PAUL,
IT IS QUITE INTERESTING THAT MY CLIENT HAS ACCEPTED MAKING PAYMENT
FOR THE BIKE AFTER CONSIDERING THE PRICE. HE WORKS WITH INTER TRUST
FINANCIAL IN CANADA BUT HE IS PRESENTLY ON A TWO WEEK VACATION IN
SAUDI ARABIA. AS HE EXPLAINED TODAY,HE HAS CASHIER'S CHECK OF USD$16,000
MADE OUT FOR THIS TRANSACTION, THIS IS AS A RESULT OF A LOAN GRANTED
TO HIM FOR THE PURCHASE OF A CAR BUT HE LATER RESORTED TO BUYING A
BIKE AND THAT IS WHAT LED TO THIS TRANSACTION. SO THE CASHIER'S CHECK IS IN
EXCESS OF USD$6,500 SINCE WE HAVE AGREED ON USD$9,500 FOR THE PRICE OF
THE BIKE. HE ADVICE ME TO DISCUSS WITH YOU SO THAT HE CAN MAIL THE CASHIER'S
CHECK TO YOU FOR THE PAYMENT OF THE BIKE BUT YOU HAVE TO REFUND THE
EXCESS TO THE AGENT THAT WILL COME FOR THE PICK-UP SO THAT HE CAN BE
ABLE TO OFFSET SHIPPING CHARGES. THEREFORE,I URGE YOU TO PROV IDE YOUR
COMPLETE MAILING INFORMATION WHICH ARE YOUR NAME, HOME ADDRESS AND
PHONE NUMBER SO THAT HE CAN MAIL THE CASHIER'S CHECK TO YOU VIA COURIER
SERVICE.
THANKS AS I WAIT TO RECIEVE YOUR CONSENT ON THIS TRANSACTION SOON.
THANKS AND GOD BLESS
FELICS........

And this was my reply to this jackass...

Dear Mr. Asshole Felics.

Sure your offer seems reasonable and also trustable. That if you are an asshole like you. I have an idea, why don't you send me the check for twice the amount, I cash it (if there are any funds, which I doubt), I spend all the excess with my friends in Vegas and I return it to you(interest free) to any address in Saudi Arabia at a rate of $0.50 a month for the next 200 years.?

That will be fair, if interested write me back to:

666 Inferno Lane
Lake Felics is an Asshole
County of Jail (your future address).

Thanks Jackass, it's been a pleasure doing business with you.

PS> Can you tell you client to bring me back from Saudi Arabia one of those funny turbants? I need a costume for Halloween. Ah, I forgot I am attaching a picture of the bike, so your client can start dreaming about riding it.
Attached Thumbnails

Ha Ha, next time you should write a serious reply and give him your local police forces address for him to send the fake cashiers check! :funnypost

Ken Z

Paulpt
08-25-2005, 12:31 PM
What is even funnier is the tone this idiot used in his e-mail, not only demanding but also souding like we spoke and I was waiting for an answer "my client finally agreed" who the hell cares? like he is doing me a favor!!! Calling Dr. Shemp, Dr. Moe, Dr Larry!!!

. Needless to say I have reported this e-mail to the FCC which I think they pass it on to the FBI. I encourage everyone who gets messages like these or gets ripped off via internet scams to do the same. I know they may get 1 in a million but somehow we all have to take care of each other.

triple2mille
08-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Funny, the scammer trying to buy my bike used the worst email address that one could think of...if actually trying to pull of a scam.

Sorry to post another one, but I don't recall a moment where I actually thought of accepting this offer. :rolleyes:

Sorry, even if this weren't a scam, I wouldn't be up
for it. If you're going to scam someone, don't use
the most guarded against scam...oh, and don't have an
email address starting with freewheels...

Thanks,

Mike

--- Fred Dukes <freewheels_uk@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Goodday Sir,
> How are you doing?My client has agreed to pay $7,750
> for your bike.He had made out a cashier's check of
> ($13,000 )before he travelled to japan on a business
> trip,for a previous bike and its shipment charges
> etc,but it was unfortunately sold.The amount on the
> check he deposited for the bike is bigger than what
> should be paid to you now, so the check is now meant
> for the total expenses which includes the purchase
> of your bike,the pick up of the bike from its
> present location and the shipping charges/other
> necessary shipping arrangements.However he has
> instructed us to carry on with this transaction. So
> you're required to deduct the cost of your
> bike($7,750)and send the balance of ($5,250 )to my
> client to enable him offset
> shippingcharges/arrangements once the transaction is
> concluded,My agent will be coming for the pick up of
> the bike from its present location, then tow to a
> pre paid shipper for shipment while title papers and
> other necessary documets will be handed to the agent
> at
> the time of pick up.Please Confirm this and provide
> name,address and phone number for check payment to
> be delivered to you via courier
> ATTENTION:
> MY CLIENT INSTRUCTED THAT THE PICKUP AGENT WILL BE
> COMING OVER TO YOUR AREA OF LOCATION WITH SOMEONE
> WHO IS GOING TO
> CHECK THE RECENT CONDITIONS OF THE BIKE ON HIS
> BEHALF.THAT YOU ARE TO
> HELP THEM WHEN THEY ARRIVE. WE AWAIT FOR YOUR
> CONFIRMATION OF THE
> DETAILS.
> Have a nice day
> Thanks,
> +447031843311

Paulpt
08-26-2005, 09:05 PM
I looks like we got the same "buyer" or maybe they are cousins or something. What is sad is that there must be people falling for this, otherwise they would not be trying. I am sure of hundreds they get a poor victim.