PDA

View Full Version : my friend is jumping ship from ducati to a aprilia

ckruzel
08-05-2005, 07:09 PM
well i'm pretty exicited, my friend who has a really nice 749s (yellow) just doesn't like the power of it, he got a good deal on a 04 rsvr factory (my bikes twin from the shop, i have the older of the two...tank sigs, his doesn't) he is up in the air about tigs or arrows, but he really liked my bike when we traded one day on a ride, plus he agree's how much more of a bang for the buck a ducati is, he almost traded for a 999s but said its plain not worth it for what you get

i'm sure he will be on the forum after he gets it, he reads some posts here and there, but give him a nice hello when he comes on board, he just called me from work and he can't wait to pick it up on monday

hyperdrive
08-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Well like Chris said ,I pick the new bike up on MON. I really liked the way chris's bike felt(light/flickable) compared to my duck....Was gonna get the 999 s but the value just isn't there .I CANT WAIT

BTW nice site here!!!! :peace:

hass
08-06-2005, 01:34 AM
Congratulations!

X-CBR MAN
08-06-2005, 03:59 AM
Awsome deal, enjoy!

Jack_RSV
08-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Congrats ... nice choice! :cool:

Beyote
08-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Wecome Home Hyper.

MY Fac3
08-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Well like Chris said ,I pick the new bike up on MON. I really liked the way chris's bike felt(light/flickable) compared to my duck....Was gonna get the 999 s but the value just isn't there .I CANT WAIT

Great Choice. I've got one also with signatures and all. Absolutely enjoying it (came from a 916). The Ackropovics I've added on has also made a great difference. Try it. Have fun! :) :rolleyes:

GN2HEL
08-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Congrats dude! Best decision of :peace: my life when I sold my harley and buell to get my 04 RSVR. :peace:

Duxsuc
08-06-2005, 12:39 PM

Great choice Hyper,

I'm also a former Duc rider, both 748 :bond: and 996 :bond: .

From a reliability perspective, you've not gone wrong by dumping Ducati and going the Aprilia route.

Ciao

aprilia_nut
08-06-2005, 01:14 PM
I went from a 999 to the RSVR and have never looked back!! Good luck and enjoy!!

PAID BY FORD
08-06-2005, 09:43 PM
welcome aboard!!!

Eddy Schipper
08-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Welcome, I'm sure you'll love your decision. The Ducs are great bikes but I think Aprilia is often overlooked.

rsvr1000aprilia
08-07-2005, 02:43 AM
It is a good Bike and a bad bike .........
Goodzzzz looks nice(italian) sound nice (Tigs) Runs good (after the new map) Good power and brakes and much much more.........
Badzzzz if itís parked every F@##in Guy wants to talk to you and ask you about it and they think you are rich. You Get more Guys looking at it than Girls that is why I donít ride it in street. :kidding:
You will love it you see to many Ducatis, But Aprilia is unique and you donít have to do the valve adjustment so often. Welcome :peace:

blowout
08-17-2005, 02:56 AM
similar thing happened at the last track day I was at with a guy that I've known for a couple years but never swapped rides with. Anyway, he was impressed with my times around the track, and knowing that I can't ride for shit, he was keen for a thrash on the Ape. We swapped rides (he's got a blade as his track bike that I got to take out - the Duc was at home) and after a few laps around the track, he came in and started swearing about his 996 and started stroking my Ape. He's now selling the Duc - no shit, it's up for sale with 4000k's $18000 if anyone's interested - and they'll be another new RSV sold in Aus as soon as the Duc goes.