PDA

View Full Version : gold coast australia

blackduck
08-04-2005, 05:06 AM
just letting the locals know about the August 14 club ride. see here....

http://www.aprilia.com.au/club/events.html

Scary
08-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Cool mate, the lady & I will see u there on our two red toys. ;) :)

ruley
08-22-2005, 02:49 AM
Hey scary, i heard the ride was a good one to miss. From what i heard, i wont be going again, fuggem !!

Martz250
08-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Hey Ruley,

Wot was up with the last ride mate ?

Martz

ruley
08-23-2005, 06:17 PM
i missed it, but from what i'm told, at the the start of the ride Mal got up and preeched on how you are to ride, like that no one is to pass the lead rider etc, etc. A ride is suppose to be a casual thing, sure you want to discourage stupidity, but to tell people how to ride.... The feedback that i got from how people felt after the speal was not all positive

Scary
08-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Yep ! the wheels feel off it for me right at the start, when the soap box came out :blah: :blah: :blah: , Quote..."if you overtake the leader u can just keep going home cause we don't want you"...or as near to word for word as I can get/remember.
Very "few" Aprilias turned up this time, damn shame. Blackduck & I pulled the pin at Canungra as he new the road the ride was about to take from there(& prefered to head off on his own), & I'd had enough orders barked at me by then too,.... so I have no input on the ride from there on.
The soap box was more sales pitch the first time & this time it was more like police orders. In fact a couple of us at the back did solute in desrespect a couple of times :D :D :rolleyes: :D
It's a pity Steve didn't retain control of it & grow/progress with the running of things, don't know why Mal thought he was up to taking over, it's coming across as being done for the wrong reasons(to make money for the shop & gain needed costomers) instead of being an Aprilia owners day out to meet each other & learn from each other.
As per normal this forum is turning out to be better for that again. In this case it seem to be a negitive now to having the Shop involved at all, as their rep. on the street isn't good & hasn't helped. Some that felt like this still turned up the first time(me included) but I didn't see them this time. & going by the lack of numbers I'm not alone ,&/or they weren't impressed enough the first time to bring them back. Oppps ! or was it opinionated me & our crew :spankie: :) ...... Bloody shame me thinks anyway !
The way I look at it, if u overtake the leader then we have a new leader. Mind u..... lucky I didn't over take Steve over the range or I'd have been moving faster & first over the hill crest & into the herd of "BIG" black & white mooooing things in the middle of the road(cows, 15 +) :eek: :eek: :eek: :)

ruley .....I'm coming with u & Guv next time if u don't mind the company. ;) :)

ruley
08-27-2005, 04:56 AM
and they will wonder why no one will turn up on the next ride :spankie:

sure, come on up where the casual company is !!!

OzziFutura
08-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Hi guys, while not wishing to create a bitch session !

I used be involved with a car club, Club Audi, that was new and trying to get on its feet. One of the problems we had and still have today, after around 10 years, is too much input from people pedaling their own goods/agenda. Using the club as a means of obtaining business/favour.

A few individuals who supplied/sold after market performance products (chips etc) continualy put down the parent company and in particular the dealers making it very difficult to gain any interest from that direction.
The dealers have been put off side by having their names abused, customers poached and others attempting to gain favourable deals/discounts through their association with the club and trading one dealer off against another with similar agenda in mind. Now they and Audi appear to be be very disheartened after initialy providing significant support.

Why cant people just attend events as enthusiasts and enjoy the ride/drive at whatever pace then catch up at the next stop. I have been on a coulpe of club rides and have ended up tail end charlie - so what there will always be the quick and the slow, so long as you all meet at the designated spots and have a beer and a yarn. Still good fun to me.

So try to keep the politics and conflicts of interest out of it before it is too late.

Best of luck getting the club going for the real enthusiats.

Luckily I have not seen any similar issues down in theis neck of the woods with our branch of the Aprilia club - just a great bunch of guys who enjoy riding and love their machines - NO AGENDAS

CopULater

ruley
08-28-2005, 07:37 PM
exactly, it should be a bunch of enthuasiasts enjoying a ride, meeting at common places, nothing more

Scary
09-08-2005, 12:22 AM
OzzieFutura.....been a bit busy to get back to this, so it's a bit late but.....thanks for the input, as if u can tuff it out for that long with the Audi club(great cars their putting out too), then I can work around what is going on, so as I can keep supporting the brand Aprilia as I want to. Didn't mean it to sound like a "bitch session" either, just Fact, & observation from some that care about the direction others are taking. :)

Sth.East Corner Crew.........I have a plan ;) .....lets put all/or as many of our Sth.East Corner crew together when the next one is on, & meet up & ride to the destination our own way, thereby still supporting the brand & meeting more riders ( whom there were a lot of good ones on the first & probably a few on the second, rides)..... But without having to wear any of the bull at the start & ride as per normal, which is what seems to be getting up more than just a couple of us riders here.
We can let majority here pick our meeting spot & route to the destination, on the forum before the event, & maybe another rally together spot just before the destination so as we all arrive there at once ;) ......yep ! I like a gooood entrance. :D :D :D
I'll offer to ride the route choosen a couple of days earlier as forward scout for any problems/road works etc. that could upset the ride.

What say u all....??????

GUV
09-08-2005, 03:44 AM
We'll be there.

GP

blackduck
09-10-2005, 05:13 AM
yeah Id be in that,,, sounds like that "splinter group" we were talking about. Even better, how bout we set up our own club? that way we wont get outnumbered 50/1 jap bikes to real/our bikes... plus we could probably beat the once every blue moon ride that Mini Mal sets up.... just my 2c worth.

anyone??
anyone????? throw me a fricken bone people.

Scary
09-10-2005, 06:16 AM
"splinter group"..... :D :D :D :D..yea that's GUV & ruley's favourite term in those situations, it makes me laugh every time I hear it now. :)
But we've got some jap bikes in our crews too, & their top people, it's not the bike that makes the man or women, so that part won't fly & I sure don't want the best stunter not to be able to come along, nor would I want to be the one to try & stop him either....... :D :D :D :D ;) :)
Anyway, more is better "A"... :) Be there or be square.

cosaro
09-14-2005, 12:51 AM
ill be getting my bike ready in about 4 weeks :D finally lol :p:
i live in bris btw

Scary
09-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Cool ! keep in touch mate, I've PM'd u a place that has some parts for your model ,if you are interested. :)

cosaro
09-15-2005, 06:10 AM
YES OUR OWN GROUP! VERY GOOD YAY!
i hate jap bikes but the riders are ok ... would be good just 20 aprilia riding out rather than all those jappys
Um and yer... any1 wanna give me some cash lol? :happy: