PDA

View Full Version : Scuderia West !!!

vtrandall
08-03-2005, 02:26 PM
I took the Aprilia down to Scuderia in SF yesterday to have the oil/coolant changed, new(er) FI map, ...some this stuff I could have done myself but I really wanted to see what the service was like compared to my 'local' Aprilia dealer (where I bought the bike).

I was a little surprised when the guys in the service actually knew what I was talking about when it came to a new FI map....??? whaaaaaa???
Imagine that....a dealer that quite possibly knows more about your bike than you do....it was a refreshing change from my experiences with my local dealer.
I asked them about getting a replacement clutch master cyl. under warranty(the periodic bleeding issue)....they didn't have one in stock but they have ordered it for me!!

They have a pretty good selection of gear and the staff seems quite knowledgeable....believe it or not but it is possible to have a dealer that's good !! :)
From now on, my "local" dealer isn't getting anywhere near my bike.
Even though it's a hour or 2 away (I know that's not a huge distance), Scuderia will get my business from now on.

Bill in OKC
08-03-2005, 02:30 PM
You guys in California are just spoiled :kidding:

RZRob
08-03-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm a little nervous about the dealer options down here in Orange County. I will be going up north too when mine needs service, but I'll let California Speed Sports (Livermore) do it. That's where I bought mine and I know they know the bike well. They all ride them too and have for years.

Just out of curiousity are they anywhere near you?

RZ Rob :peace:

X-CBR MAN
08-03-2005, 05:24 PM
I have taken my bike to them allso. Very nice ppl and as soon as I can let my bike be will take it to them to get all the warrenty work plus maybe get them to respring my bike. :)

vtrandall
08-03-2005, 05:35 PM

they are about 60-70 miles south of where I am,....I've heard good things about them (I think Clarkie has mentioned them in the past?)
According to their website they just moved to a new location??
I would consider trying them but SF was alot cooler than the 100+ valley. :)

SFrider
08-03-2005, 06:19 PM
I live in SF, bought my bike from them as well. These guys rock! Everything you could want in a dealer. Good gear, knoledgable people, smart parts guys, great service.....

I like supporting local dealers, even if I pay a bit more. These guys show you why. There is another dealer in the city, a Honda, Suz, Kawi dealer, that is the bigest pig fucker I have ever met.

Nox
08-03-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm a little nervous about the dealer options down here in Orange County. I will be going up north too when mine needs service, but I'll let California Speed Sports (Livermore) do it. That's where I bought mine and I know they know the bike well. They all ride them too and have for years.

I'm pretty happy with Spectrum (so far). They have been fairly attentive to my needs.

novos
08-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Livermore and Scuderia are about 1.5 hours from each other i'd say.

I only know this because when we drove to oregon for vacation my only itinerary was visiting these dealers in the bay area. :spankie:

I remember a 30 min drive from livermore to Alameda, and that's right across from "The City" where scuderia is, but I also remember godawful MF'ing traffic to get across the bay bridge to go to scuderia the next day. So I'd say 1.5 hours with traffic from one to the other.

Both shops were super cool, and Scuderia even stocked aprilia apparel, where my gf got me a new leather jacket.

And I even got to see an aprilia dealer in Portland, where they once again, know nothing about aprilias, just ducati, but they also carried a bunch of Lotus (or is ot Lotii, for plural?)

Ricky J
08-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Yep, the Scuderia West people get that rating. Must be a reason for their perennial #1 Aprilia dealer status...

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56699&highlight=scuderia+west

RZRob
08-03-2005, 09:10 PM
I heard a few cool things about them including their connection to gray bikes. Speed Sports did move to their bigger custom-built building next to Livermore Airport. It looks like an airport control tower. Pretty fitting I'd say for these jets we ride. I'm going to make it a point to check out Scudderia though.

fnfalman
08-04-2005, 09:34 AM
In SoCal, I think that Spectrum Motorsports is best. Their sales staff are knowledgeable about Aprilia products as are their service staff. They are also an authorized DynoJet tuning center. DynoJet just doesn't automatically make anybody who bought a dynamometer from them an authorized tuning center.

suedboy
08-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Aw, shucks guys, you're gonna make me blush!

Seriously, though, thanks for the kind words. We have something really great here in that everyone knows thier stuff and enjoys what they're doing. Unfortunatley, that is a pretty rare combo in this industry.

I'll be posting a new thread for this, but to give you a heads up, if you missed seeing the RXV at Laguna, you'll have another chance the weekend of the 14th. We'll have the machine here at the shop along with the Pegaso for part of the weekend, then will be taking it up to Infineon for the races. It will be a great chance to really poke aroung the bike and deplete your salivary glands.

RFM
08-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Ordered parts in Ohio, and they were here in three days. Local dealer couldn't even estimate a time frame.

got_Mille?
08-13-2005, 08:40 AM
I took the Aprilia down to Scuderia in SF yesterday to have the oil/coolant changed, new(er) FI map, ...some this stuff I could have done myself but I really wanted to see what the service was like compared to my 'local' Aprilia dealer (where I bought the bike).

I was a little surprised when the guys in the service actually knew what I was talking about when it came to a new FI map....??? whaaaaaa???
Imagine that....a dealer that quite possibly knows more about your bike than you do....it was a refreshing change from my experiences with my local dealer.
I asked them about getting a replacement clutch master cyl. under warranty(the periodic bleeding issue)....they didn't have one in stock but they have ordered it for me!!

They have a pretty good selection of gear and the staff seems quite knowledgeable....believe it or not but it is possible to have a dealer that's good !! :)
From now on, my "local" dealer isn't getting anywhere near my bike.
Even though it's a hour or 2 away (I know that's not a huge distance), Scuderia will get my business from now on.
Who is your local dealer? they couldnt possibly be worse than mine, unless it is the same one. I just got hit on my 2000 RSVR and when trying to get parts together , Scuderia was the only shot to price everything thing out and give my mechanic everything I needed. Everyone else was too busy to deal with it. As a matter a fact, when did shops start charging for crash estimates? My local dealer wants $400 for a crash estimate. My bike shop did it for free, with the help of Scuderia, they are the ones who are puting her back together again. i thought it was about getting the jobs, not trying to make a buck off anyhting. I have heard nothing but great things about Scuderia, and when I feel up to it, I will make the 2 hour trip up there to check them out.
Take care

Jet City Racer
08-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Aw, shucks guys, you're gonna make me blush!
OK, does this make you feel better?

You suck, you suck, you suck!!!!!!

:kidding:

Keep up the good work! :plus:

RS250 Chester
08-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Scuderia has always treated me the best.

I've made inquiries on parts several times over the phone. Every time they've had to research, I've gotten a call back within an hour.

Those guys have never let me down, compared to a few other shops, especially one that was in the south portion of the bay, that is now closed.

NorCalRSVR
08-13-2005, 11:50 AM
I'd like to point out that while my experience with Scuderia has been good for the most part Motomeccanica in Santa Rosa has been awesome to deal with. I can't comment on their service department as no one touches my Mille but me but their parts department is excellent......sean

montereyrsvr
08-13-2005, 09:22 PM
I'd like to point out that while my experience with Scuderia has been good for the most part Motomeccanica in Santa Rosa has been awesome to deal with. I can't comment on their service department as no one touches my Mille but me but their parts department is excellent......sean

How about starting your own service business for Italian or even Aprilia only bikes?

NorCalRSVR
08-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah,
Maybe after I retire.....that's only a couple of years down the road though. I just don't dig wrenching on stuff ALL the time. I did that for over 15 years. I work on all my own stuff though, regardless of vehicle age. I'm ASE certified in several areas and I've been to GM schools as well as Air Force ones for Mil Spec vehicles. It's not like I can't handle automotive or even motorcycle stuff. After all the Air Force paid me to work on quarter million dollar equipment with more than a mile of hydraulic lines and more complex than any car, truck or motorcycle ever thought about being. I am kind of leery about getting into the Motorcycle biz too, since there isn't too much integrity among both dealers and some customers too. Maybe one day when it's not going to be my primary means of income I'll start up a shop.......sean

Jet City Racer
08-14-2005, 02:49 AM
Lemme know Sean. I'll give you a job anyday!

:peace: