PDA

View Full Version : My first track day 7-28, Loudon

KaneRSV
07-30-2005, 04:11 PM
I finally made it to the track on thursday 7-28, at Loudon. We had an absolutely perfect day to ride, 75-80 degrees and partly cloudy. I started out in the beginner group (red group) with about 20 other riders. We started the day in the classroom getting instruction, and then it was out onto the track for a slow follow the leader session so we could get to know the lines.

I had never seen loudon before, but had heard all about turn 6 (the bowl), and a couple other turns to be careful in (turns 3, 4, and 10). I wondered what all the hype was about turn 6, until the first time over the hill and down into the bowl. WOW thats a fun corner!

I got comfortable with being at a track after the first session, and with the track itself, and started picking up the pace. By the fourth session in red I was lapping everyone else in the red group two or three times during the 20 minute session (four 20 minute sessions) and then got bumped up to the intermediate group (yellow) and stayed there for the rest of the day (4 more sessions) and had an incredible time.

Yellow group was allowed to pass on the outside of certain corners, and the first time I decided to pass in the bowl, I thought I was going to puke because my stomach dropped so much. That turn is better than any roller coaster I have ever been on. I got passed by one of the instructors (Chris Bruno) on his rs250 in the bowl on the next lap. I thought I was going reasonably quick until he came by me like I was parked. I found out later that Chris owns the track record on a 250 at 1.16. Truly humbling watching him ride.

Overall this was one of the best things I have ever done. I absolutely love the track, and learned so much. I'm looking forward to my next track day, hopefully with some forum members.

Here's a couple pics of me from the day, hope you guys like them.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v206/jjs777_fzr/louden_072805/?action=view&current=Nhisjuly28th309.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v206/jjs777_fzr/louden_072805/?action=view&current=Nhisjuly28th093.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v206/jjs777_fzr/louden_072805/?action=view&current=Nhisjuly28th060.jpg

BigTuna
07-30-2005, 05:03 PM
www.teampromotion.com is doing a track day at NHIS on august 10

r0cketman
07-30-2005, 06:20 PM
i.ve done a few trackdays as well. knockhill in scotland only 20 mins from my door. i like the track. there a few people out there with the same skill as my self going round 1-2 sec quicker than ma self the lap record on knockhill is 49 sec on a bsb my best lap is 58 sec with a few people going round in 57-56 sec. thats in the advanced group the track is 1.3 miles long

the more you do the faster you get

and to get those extra 2 sec is not easy

TuonoR6
07-31-2005, 03:19 PM
Loudon is sweet track the bowl is awesome plus the run up hill you carry some good speed there. Big Tuna you going to be there with TPM. I'm going if I can't get my R6 carburate correctly I'll take the Tuono.

BigTuna
07-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Loudon is sweet track the bowl is awesome plus the run up hill you carry some good speed there. Big Tuna you going to be there with TPM. I'm going if I can't get my R6 carburate correctly I'll take the Tuono.
yeah i will be there on my 600RR (#212) with my buddy on his gixxer 7-fiddy (#100)

KaneRSV
07-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Tuna, I would love to go to that one but I can't due to work. Are there any others that you're planning to go to, either at Loudon or another track, maybe in September?

BigTuna
08-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Tuna, I would love to go to that one but I can't due to work. Are there any others that you're planning to go to, either at Loudon or another track, maybe in September?unfortunately work is pretty screwed up for me as well now. we may be going to Jennings in mid to late Sept (if all goes right)