PDA

View Full Version : US Owner's Survey

Marketing Dept.
07-29-2005, 07:38 AM
I NEED YOUR PICS!

We just sent several thousand e-mails, directed to the respondents of the Owner's Survey. We're collecting and reviewing photos for inclusion into the 2006 owner's calendar. If you have a nice pic of you and your Aprilia or a cool destination and your Aprilia, bring it on.

Here's the upload site:
http://www.apriliausasurvey.com/photoupload.htm

Hampton

FalcoPilot
07-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Great!! Thanks.

I just took the survey. One problem I had with it was the dealer questions at the bottom. People do not neccessarily use their local dealer. I did not. I travelled across two states to purchase my Falco new, and so far have not used nor visited the local dealer during my ownership. I do not feel that they support the Aprilia brand as they should. So it was kind of difficult to answer those questions when I do not frequent that establishment. I have a certified Aprilia tech at another shop perform my routine maintenance. The answer options could have been a bit broader or at least added "other" with a comment or explanation box at the bottom.

Otherwise, I am thrilled that you at corporate are listening to us.................tell Cathy C. that I said Hi and I'll try to ride with her, Larry and the Factory soon. :)

clint64
07-29-2005, 08:27 AM
I just took the survey. One problem I had with it was the dealer questions at the bottom. People do not neccessarily use their local dealer.

I have similar comments. Many of us do not use our local dealers for either the purchase or service of our bikes. In my case I drive from Atlanta, GA to Greenville, SC for both the purchase and major service items. In future surveys it might be wise to broaden the choices for dealer related questions. I would suggest that in any event a comment box be added.

FalcoPilot
07-29-2005, 08:52 AM
Gee, two owners in the Atlanta area who go elsewhere for their Aprilia needs.
Hmmmmmm.

zedx9
07-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the opportunity to participate in the survey. Like the others said, the questions are maybe a little too limiting. I'm encouraged by the fact that you are doing the questionaires. I would be willing to spend additional time on a questionare that was more comprehensive to help insure that my answers were not misleading.

clint64
07-29-2005, 09:06 AM
Hmmmmmm.

Maybe this message will get through. Given the fact that the US headquarters are in Metro Atlanta you would think we should have better service, parts supply etc.

Whorepedo
07-29-2005, 09:07 AM
another Atlanta owner that orders parts from elsewhere. ill be giving MotoBritalia another chance in the future, but my initial taste of them was sour. everyone gets a 2nd chance.

Camell0
07-29-2005, 09:09 AM
i bought my bike 2nd hand, how do i register it?

Bill in OKC
07-29-2005, 09:21 AM
I did the Aprilia survey no problem, but the Moto Guzzi survey puked when I tried to submit the first page.

fnfalman
07-29-2005, 09:40 AM
My dealership is competent. I can't say the same about Aprilia USA's logistical supports. They can't fix my bike due to lack of parts availability.

Aprilia USA, if you were to want to keep me as a customer and want my recommendation to my numerous motorcycling friends and/or future motorcyclist friends, then you NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT PARTS AND ACCESSORIES AVAILABILITY!!!

It's ridiculous to wait for four weeks (with no end in sight) for a handful of wheel bearings and bushings replacement on a bike that's not even 450-miles old.

hank
07-29-2005, 10:39 AM
I started taking the survey, but you really don't need my income info and do I really want my personal data sent to my local (NYC) dealer. I am very satisfied with driving to the dealer of my choice.

2whlgeezer
07-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Aprilia USA, if you were to want to keep me as a customer and want my recommendation to my numerous motorcycling friends and/or future motorcyclist friends, then you NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT PARTS AND ACCESSORIES AVAILABILITY!!!
Same here. Love my Falco, suits me to a T, but it will likely be my last Aprilia due to dealer/service/parts issues.

commandodave
07-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Great!! Thanks.

I just took the survey. One problem I had with it was the dealer questions at the bottom. People do not neccessarily use their local dealer. I did not.
I would not piss in the ear of my local dealer if his brain was on fire! I believe that he was the original source of my rear wheel woes. The wheel did not come loose in the 5000 miles prior to his servicing the Futura, but it did within 500 miles after.

Love my Futura, though.

Dave

twinkiethekid
07-29-2005, 12:10 PM
I also had a problem with the "dealer" portion of the survey, since my dealer closed its doors 7 months after purchase. The closest dealer to me is in Phoenix and it has more floor space for the Hondas & Kawasakis (99%) then the three Aprilias stuck in the back by the service desk!!

The parts situation cannot be hammered over the head of Aprilia USA and Aprilia SPA enough. Parts are just too damn important. I ask my brother to go to the dealer near him for parts. At least he has somebody to interact with. :p:

Infallible
07-29-2005, 12:19 PM
My dealership is competent. I can't say the same about Aprilia USA's logistical supports. They can't fix my bike due to lack of parts availability.

It's ridiculous to wait for four weeks (with no end in sight) for a handful of wheel bearings and bushings replacement on a bike that's not even 450-miles old.
Four weeks? Try 9 months when you high side your bike and try to repair it yourself because of lack of dealership support. I loved my Aprilia. There was nothing quite like that rolling cacophony of 1000cc's of Vtwin rumbling power. The looks and finish were to die for. Reliability was on par with anything made by any of the cookie cutter co. while still retaining its regalness as an Italian import....I understand you guys had a rough go of it, but so did I when I wanted to ride my bike. Maybe in the future I will come back, hopefully with the new management things will change for the better.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/InFALaBill/14May05047.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/InFALaBill/14May05050.jpg

RSr
07-29-2005, 12:56 PM

same deal. I have origional owners name & address in case.

AndyW
07-29-2005, 01:51 PM
All I know is I love my Tuono but there is NO DEALERSHIP within almost 300 miles of me here in St. Louis. Aprilia USA get me a dealership!!!!!!!

LW Racer
07-29-2005, 03:09 PM
You add one more to the list of dealer haters. My has to be one of the worst.
My problem with your survey is you don't even list the model I own. I own a RS250 and a RS50. Neither where listed.

Dug206
07-29-2005, 03:53 PM

Camll0, send me the rest of that avatar and I'll get your registered, someplace, anyplace as much as you want. :lover:

rainh8r
07-29-2005, 04:33 PM
I saw the Pegaso at Laguna and liked it. The line needs something like that to fill out the offerings. i agree that a twin would be more in keeping with Aprilia image, but this works for now. Bring it in.
With that in mind, I listened to a lot of the people in the tent discussing the bike. It seems like there is still (or again) a need to sell the company to the buyer, esp. since Piaggio has stepped in. To sell a new motorcycle company in the US requires excellent dealer support and parts, something that many people I heard were questioning. People here expect to be able to buy the parts to fix their bikes (including light crash damage) like they do their cars; in a day or two. A good parts supply with limited color options helps this, but the dealers have to be comitted too. Every multi-line Aprilia dealer I have been in has very little inventory of parts or bikes, and the salesmen seem to want to sell the "other" lines first. Fewer, better, dealers is preferable to many poor ones. Give them good products and support, and they will sell your bikes with confidence. Be the "motorcycle shop" and not the "dealership". This is a great product line that was on it's way up and could be again, but the support has to start above the dealer level and flow down.

thunderex
07-29-2005, 05:35 PM
i tried to take the survey but it won't work for me. when i hit submit it just takes me back to the second page of the survey. what's the deal with that?

falco03
07-29-2005, 06:32 PM
well, i am going to break the mold on this one: my dealer was one of the best buying / service experiences that i've had when buying a motor vehicle.
the downside is that he's no longer in business.
i feel for the guys that have no confidence in their dealer. that really sucks.
i can't relate too much to the parts availability issue because i got all of mine on ebay. i have more of an issue with the price of parts - but, admittedly, i resigned myself to the fact that it's italian parts that suffer the high prices.

i have more of an issue with the offerings from aprilia. i am absolutely in love with my falco, and i think that there is no bike that compares to it. however, i think that aprilia is more than capable of offering up another fantastic sport tourer like the falco. they just have to do it - and market it better.
first things first. the survey is submitted and we'll have to see what the next move is.
kudos to aprilia for being proactive.

jimbo77
07-29-2005, 07:48 PM
Similar story to those above. Love the Aprilia. Very confident in my local dealer mechanics; great guys and very helpful. Downside is the owner didn't treat his staff right, and they all jumped ship like it was sinking. Next thing you know, the dealership lost their franchise to Aprilia, Ducati, and Moto-Guzzi. And what came next? A closed dealership...

One good note; both mechanics got snatched up by a local dealer, so I can still get quality workmanship when I need it. As a matter of fact, i just got her back today from a 10k service from those guys. Only downside is they work for a Victory / Bourgets dealer now, so I probably won't be buying any new bikes from them :rolleyes: . Ironically, the shop area had several GSXR's, Kawi's, and even an MV 750 F4 !

mfbRSV
07-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear about all the bad dealer experiences of the other. For a little balance I'll throw in a plug for Touring Sport in Greenville SC. A great dealership which I am very lucky to have only 11 miles from my house. Excellent service & support in my seven year relationship with them!

Would like to see Aprilia USA take extra good care of the dealers who do right by their customers. Not saying you don't btw, because I don't know all the specifics...

duc slayer
07-30-2005, 05:06 PM
Survey definately needs an "other" catagory, I also deal with a dealership that's about 4 hr's away. I have one about 30mi away but the suck and another about 1.5 hr's, but they would rather sell hhhhharley's :spankie:

Thunderex, I had to complete the 2nd page 3 or 4 times before it went through the system.

IGO-WFO
07-30-2005, 06:19 PM
It did that on me too, but it was asking specifically about the Mille when it kicked back to the second screen.

clint64
07-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Sorry to hear about all the bad dealer experiences of the other. For a little balance I'll throw in a plug for Touring Sport in Greenville SC. A great dealership which I am very lucky to have only 11 miles from my house. Excellent service & support in my seven year relationship with them!

I only wish they were 11 miles from my house. I drive there from Atlanta. They are a great dealer and represent what Aprilia should strive to have as their dealers.

doctRST
07-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Love my bike. It's exactly what I wanted and no other bike I looked at "did it for me". However, the parts availability and support are atrocious. It's now over 2 months waiting on a part and no one knows if it is even in the country! I believe that Aprilia has to step up on parts supply and support or they will risk losing a lot of loyal customers.
My dealer has been great with regards to both sales and service.

SpeedTwin
07-30-2005, 07:35 PM
I have never regretted the purchase of my '01 RSV. It is everything I thought it would be. I researched heavily before my purchase and then test rode the bike and riding it was all it took to seal the deal. I ride it on the street as well as platoon it on the track and hope to soon own another for a devoted race bike in CCS Florida.

A few observations and comments:

1. I am fortunate that I found a dealer/mechanic that is great not to far from me, but not the dealer I purchased from as they dropped their franchise. I have my bike serviced by Todd Ross at Lightning Motosport in Port St. Lucie, FL. They sell and service Aprilia and Moto Guzzi exclusively, so I know the person working on my bike KNOWS my bike and it is apparent as they have the customer stool for you to sit on if you like while they work, as you watch and talk about racing or your next modification etc. The dealer I purchased from was a "PowerSports" dealer, selling every make know to man. They did not understand the Aprilia customer and were frustrated because they weren't "shoving units" out the door. They would rather sell a zillion of brand X so they did not have the patience for the discriminating Aprilia customer. I believe Aprilia is better served by a dealership that sells Aprilia products exclusively or at least no more than two other brands of a similar customer demographic.

2. Parts, parts, parts!!! I know it has been tough with the shake up in new ownership and I also know about the new system, which failed to work, and you are now returning to the old system again and have lost orders etc. GET IT SORTED OUT AND SOON. Guys on this forum have been ranting and it has put a bad taste in some guys mouths. If it becomes more of a problem, you may loose customers to other brands, let's face it, a broken bike with no part available for 7 months is worthless. I would say this is a critical emergency for Aprilia USA and you need to make it right and fast.

3. I know of two dealerships in my area that have dropped their Aprilia franchise. What are you going to do to stop these from dropping?? What will you do to increase retainership of existing franchises and increase the interest in opening new dealerships?

4. Aprilia needs to get back into World superbike and to start in AMA superbike. The flagship bike for Aprilia has been the RSV from 98-05 yet it appears in nothing more than club racing here in America and only a few sanctioning bodies in Europe. Why is this?? It is insane to have so many years of research and development in such a wonderful twin superbike and not race it. Ducati has proven that the twin can still win, so how about stepping up to the plate Aprilia, lets have a little pride and give the other Italian firm a little cross town rivalry. I watched every race that Troy Corser and Nitro Nori raced in on the Aprilia. There was podiums won, but somewhere along the line, someone dropped the ball and the RSV disappeared from the racing world, it was a sad day for all of us who loved to watch our beloved bike battling on the track and sometimes winning triumphantly. It is true, what wins on Sunday, sells on Monday.....GSXR1000....need I say any more on that topic????

5. If I had a dime for every stop light I have been sitting at and had some confused looking admirer ask "What is that??" or "Who makes that??" even though it says who right on the side of the bike. Point is there are thousands of people, enthusiast included who have know Idea who Aprilia is. I only found out through research in twin sport bikes and if you don't follow two-stroke GP, you probably would have never know other than by accident. SPEND SOME MONEY ON MARKETING, ESPECIALLY ON COMMERCIALS ON TV AND IN MAGAZINE ADS!!!!!!!!! You can not sell to people who don't know who you are, educate the public!!! A commercial with someone carving a canyon like a razor with cool music in the back ground, some good close ups, and finally showing the bike at rest emphasis the NAME......make people want to be on that bike and they will seek it out. Potential customers must know about a product before they can want one, right??? Show them Aprilia is something very different, out of the ordinary, a step above the rest.

I love my bike and will continue to buy other Aprilia products, I hope some of my comments will help you bring others to our family and keep the members we have.

Mike Smith (aka SpeedTwin)
Cocoa, FL

MikeSchinkel
07-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Calling all US Aprilia owners!

We’re getting the family together for some very exciting times ahead: new models, discriminating technology and a reconnection with our riders.

We want to know more about you and your ownership experience. The reason is simple, to make your experience better and invite more people, like you, into our family of owners.

Please visit: www.apriliausasurvey.com. After completing the questionnaire we will add you to a list to receive a 2006 Aprilia Calendar free of charge!

I do apologize but a couple restrictions apply: the calendars will be mailed only to our registered owners residing in the United States, duplicate names and addresses will be purged and the calendar count will be limited to the first 8,000 responses.

Your questions about which makes we evaluated against for our current bike were, for me, only one make (Suzuki). However, today there would be more (KTM, Buell, Triumph, Ducati), in that order.

MikeSchinkel
07-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Hmmmmmm.

Make that three...

MikeSchinkel
07-30-2005, 08:00 PM

Your wheel bearings and bushings needed replacement in 450 miles?!?

MikeSchinkel
07-30-2005, 08:06 PM

Would like to see Aprilia USA take extra good care of the dealers who do right by their customers. Not saying you don't btw, because I don't know all the specifics...

I paid Matt at Touring Sport in Greenville SC over $3000 for lots of upgrade work on my Tuono. Other than then price they charged(!!!), they did great work! :)

fnfalman
07-31-2005, 02:09 AM
Your wheel bearings and bushings needed replacement in 450 miles?!?

Long story short, the wheel bearings went out and the dealership (Spectrum Motorsports in Irvine, California) tried to get the parts for replacement. Got the parts in after four weeks (just yesterday), replaced the bad parts but rear wheel still wiggle and wobble. Yanked out a wheel from another Tuono (five numbers away from my serial number), same problem. So, the mechanics took pictures of measurements of the wheels and the spacer and emailed them to Aprilia USA to see what the hell is going on. They don't think that the swing arm is bad, so either the spacers were manufactured out of specifications or the wheels were.

mfbRSV
07-31-2005, 05:10 PM
I paid Matt at Touring Sport in Greenville SC over $3000 for lots of upgrade work on my Tuono. Other than then price they charged(!!!), they did great work! :)

They appreciated your business and let you know it I hope. Yeah, I hear you on the money, but these are expensive toys we play with. Personally, I don't mind paying if I get top notch work done in a timely manner.

ffkevinking
07-31-2005, 06:23 PM
local dealer is 4miles from my house in akron ohio and i pass it to drive 2.5 hours to toledo ohio.

Jiggla
07-31-2005, 07:38 PM
I have to say I live 13 miles from one of the best if not the best Dealerships anywhere. I love the service they provide. Aprilia USA's service is much to be desired. I called them many times last year regarding the rear brake & clutch issus to be told "If you feel the bike is unsafe you should not ride it" :bond: A year later my clutch & brake still do not work & I have had every service bullitin taken care of. I love my bike but if someone told me, before I bought it, the clutch would fail in traffic & the brake doesn't work. I don't know if I'd buy it.

PLEASE SORT THE CLUTCH & BRAKE ISSUES BEFORE MY BIKE RUNS OUT TOF WARRANTY!!!

MikeSchinkel
07-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Long story short, the wheel bearings went out and the dealership (Spectrum Motorsports in Irvine, California) tried to get the parts for replacement. Got the parts in after four weeks (just yesterday), replaced the bad parts but rear wheel still wiggle and wobble. Yanked out a wheel from another Tuono (five numbers away from my serial number), same problem. So, the mechanics took pictures of measurements of the wheels and the spacer and emailed them to Aprilia USA to see what the hell is going on. They don't think that the swing arm is bad, so either the spacers were manufactured out of specifications or the wheels were.

Wow! Doesn't sounds like the quality control I've heard about (and seen with mine.) Hopefully you got it sorted.

MikeSchinkel
07-31-2005, 09:32 PM
They appreciated your business and let you know it I hope. Yeah, I hear you on the money, but these are expensive toys we play with. Personally, I don't mind paying if I get top notch work done in a timely manner.

Oh yeah. I met Matt the year before at the Atlanta Cycle World show and decided I would go to him for that type of service. Tes, they were very accomdating and appreciative.

I hauled the bike there on Saturday and returned to pick up the next Saturday. But, as typical for *any* bike shop, it still wasn't ready and I had to wait a few more hours, which I didn't mind too much given all the cool toys they have to look at. I even test drove a really nice used Futura but couldn't afford to add it to the stable at the time.

And no, I don't blame them for the cost. Just had to bitch about it anyway. (hehe)

-MIke

Dug206
07-31-2005, 10:41 PM
On the dealer side, I can't complain one bit. When I bought my first Mille I lived about 5 minutes from Blackmans when Bill Himmelsbach was there and they were racing the Mille's. Blackmans was sold and dumped everything that didn't come from Japan. Friends opened up Martin Eurosports and Bill went with them. Now I have to drive 15 minutes to get there. However, Martin is doing great! I can't say enough about how they are doing and how they are taking care of the customers.

My suggestion to ApriliaUSA. Contingency money! The 10k is great for a few guys, however, not anything close to Suzuki money. As a club racer, a big money race with winner take all doesn't draw the average racer to Aprilia over Suzuki. Bring out a lightweight twin to stomp the SV650, put out money for the weekend races and maybe a bonus for regional and national championships. Every little bit of money that the average club guy can save or make means the world. That's what will draw the club racer to Aprila over Suzuki.

MikeSchinkel
07-31-2005, 10:42 PM
My suggestion to ApriliaUSA. Contingency money! The 10k is great for a few guys, however, not anything close to Suzuki money. As a club racer, a big money race with winner take all doesn't draw the average racer to Aprilia over Suzuki. Bring out a lightweight twin to stomp the SV650, put out money for the weekend races and maybe a bonus for regional and national championships. Every little bit of money that the average club guy can save or make means the world. That's what will draw the club racer to Aprila of Suzuki.

I couldn't agree more!

Vankuen
07-31-2005, 11:14 PM
Just took the survey.

Some things I noticed is that the bike I own (rs50) wasn't on the list of Aprilia products. I'd personally love to see more 125-250-400 sized bikes, and with Aprilia's awesome artistic styling I think they would sell quite nicely; especially with the rising gas prices.

Also, the local Ducati/Aprilia dealer here in San Antonio is run by a total dick. I don't use him. Rather I speak with and do business with the guys in Austin. After one conversation with Micah, I learned real quick with whom I should be dealing with. I'd rather drive the 1.5 hrs to work with him over the money grubbin dick that's 20 miles away.

Aside from that....I look forward to the calender...(there are girls in it right?)

naimchase
08-01-2005, 01:54 AM
I took the survey a couple of days ago and it failed on the last page.
I tried again today and it went through.
It asked only about my MILLE, which I bought used for trackdays and guests.
It did NOT ask about my TUONO, which I bought new for my main street ride.
Your data will be skewed.

thunderex
08-01-2005, 03:25 AM
survey still doesn't work for me. sorta skews the data if the webform is broken. and i really want that calendar too. :D

montereyrsvr
08-01-2005, 08:03 AM
survey still doesn't work for me. sorta skews the data if the webform is broken. and i really want that calendar too. :D

Kinda like the rear brake on my bike, still doesn't work :rolleyes:

ZeroTwoRSV
08-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Apparently Aprilia still thinks I own my Mille. Of course I am now a Falco rider ;)

I agree about the survey, even a response of N/A would have been appropriate.

As to the mileage per year question, , , is that if your parts are in on time and you WOULD have rode, or the ACTUAL distance you were left with?

All in all, I love the Falco (and the Mille before it), its just those darned parts. I’m afraid to take mine to a track!!! :eek:

clarkie49
08-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Funny how this thread was intended to be positive and yet it has turned into the 'anti-Aprilia USA/Aprilia dealer' thread, if i was looking at purchasing my first Aprilia and was reading this thread, I would be running to the nearest Ducati dealer.

I dont disagree with anything said so far, but I could see this thread going the way it has right after the first reply, it's like opening Pandora's Box ;)

Dvus
08-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Can't wait for the new products and the calendar!

Sixtysix
08-01-2005, 09:38 AM
My dealer was awesome, but closed :crybaby: , the nearest one is about 3 hours away now. I guess they are good but luckily I have not had any problems, so I don't know for sure.

I will probably buy parts on the internet from AF1 or Clarkie if I need anything, so not a big deal.

I am glad Aprilia is asking our opinions, I just wish the survey was longer and allowed some comments on each question.

benya
08-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Clarkie, its typical human nature. People are more likely to speak up about a bad experience than a good one. :spankie:

My personal experience has been great. Having owned an 02 RSV-R and an 04 Factory. The 02 had not a single problem, except being stolen! The 04 was serviced by a great local dealer, Rollin Fast, who replaced the leaking oil tank when I did the first service. They had a couple up on the shelf, in anticipation of future replacements! Then the clutch m/c was replaced also under warranty, took less than 2 weeks for the part to arrive.

When the swingarm needed replacing, the warranty status of the job was questionable, but Aprilia (Italy) ok'd it. Very classy in my opinion. That part took a few weeks to get here, but it wasnt an unbearable wait time.

These bikes are well built, much better components and craftsmanship than the Japanese bikes. Overall my ownership experience has been fantastic, and I cant wait to see what new models are in store!

Bill in OKC
08-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Both of my Aprilias have been so reliable that I have never needed or missed having a great dealership close by. I've done all the routine maintenance myself and a great Triumph dealership mounts my tires. TouringSport BMW in Greenville is good enough that they have helped me with special parts all the way over here in Oklahoma. What more could I ask for? I'm pretty much guaranteed a unique machine - but it is as reliable as a Honda and actually more reliable than several Kawasakis and Suzukis that have crapped out when miles away from home. A happy customer :)

Infallible
08-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Clarkie, its typical human nature. People are more likely to speak up about a bad experience than a good one. :spankie:

!
No one has been excessively critical of the product have they? And no has pinned blame on the Aprilia current management? I fail to see whats wrong in letting the new marketing dept personel know what the issues are/were that bothered current or past riders.

Marketing Dept.
08-01-2005, 03:22 PM
No one has been excessively critical of the product have they? And no has pinned blame on the Aprilia current management? I fail to see whats wrong in letting the new marketing dept personel know what the issues are/were that bothered current or past riders.

You're right, no-one has been excessively critical. We are all enthusiasts and we all want the best for the brand. A worse situation would be if there were no-one posting on this forum and no-one taking the survey!

Thank you for the feedback; I'm forwarding those items that aren't currently being worked on.

Hampton

Marketing Dept.
08-01-2005, 03:28 PM
I was about to start collecting art (probably something from Italy) for the upcomming calendar but what if we used the best 12 pics submitted by you guys? Maybe something with a theme like: Aprilias across America, featuring beautiful destinations?

RSVMIllenian
08-01-2005, 03:50 PM
I was about to start collecting art (probably something from Italy) for the upcomming calendar but what if we used the best 12 pics submitted by you guys? Maybe something with a theme like: Aprilias across America, featuring beautiful destinations?

That is a good idea. :lover:

Bill in OKC
08-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Aprilias across the US would be nice. I found an Aprilia calandar once on ebay Italy. Did Aprilia ever have an 'official' calandar before?

MikeSchinkel
08-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Apparently Aprilia still thinks I own my Mille. Of course I am now a Falco rider ;)

Maybe it's your forum handle? :banana:

MikeSchinkel
08-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Funny how this thread was intended to be positive and yet it has turned into the 'anti-Aprilia USA/Aprilia dealer' thread, if i was looking at purchasing my first Aprilia and was reading this thread, I would be running to the nearest Ducati dealer.

I dont disagree with anything said so far, but I could see this thread going the way it has right after the first reply, it's like opening Pandora's Box ;)

Clarkie calling us out for being excessively criticial?!? Now how's that for irony... :p:

MikeSchinkel
08-01-2005, 09:56 PM

Of course, they must have hot females in every pic! :cathat:

Okay, okay, you probably better not to avoid offending those who can't appreciate how the beauty of a fine Italian compliments a beautiful woman!

zedx9
08-01-2005, 10:50 PM

I concur.....In the spirit of the original post, I responded to the request to take the poll. If I recall, this portion of the board is for proactive response and comment directly to Aprilia marketing.....let's not flog the messenger... :crowbar: If there was a part of the forum where their tech folks hung out (hint, hint, wink, wink, nod, nod, know what I mean, say no more??) then we could gently discuss the finer points of listening to the customer ;)

badkat
08-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Sorry about the rest of you guys, but I've had awesome service/support here in the PNW, Moto International has done us right.

I can understand the frustration in getting parts, but heres a hint, all is not roses in the auto repair industry either. I had a car go in for a warranty issue and 4 weeks later it was finally dealt with, by them buying the car back because the parts weren't available. I have seen 2 friends recently experience major bike issues with the big 4 from japan so they aren't stellar either.

We all bought relatively exotic bikes, and some expectation of parts not being readily available naturally falls in there. I would never purchase a maseratti with the idea it would have the serviceability of a camaro. If you want that, buy the Yama/Honda/Zook/Kwak.

Thank you for offering the survey, went through the first time.

My $.02

Rutan
08-02-2005, 12:08 AM
When will the calenders be mailed? I will be moving in October, and was wondering what place it will show up to.

Marcus

montereyrsvr
08-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Sorry about the rest of you guys, but I've had awesome service/support here in the PNW, Moto International has done us right.

I can understand the frustration in getting parts, but heres a hint, all is not roses in the auto repair industry either. I had a car go in for a warranty issue and 4 weeks later it was finally dealt with, by them buying the car back because the parts weren't available. I have seen 2 friends recently experience major bike issues with the big 4 from japan so they aren't stellar either.

We all bought relatively exotic bikes, and some expectation of parts not being readily available naturally falls in there. I would never purchase a maseratti with the idea it would have the serviceability of a camaro. If you want that, buy the Yama/Honda/Zook/Kwak.

Thank you for offering the survey, went through the first time.

My $.02

...but shouldn't we expect to have a working rear brake? If I was so inclined i could spend more money in after market parts than I paid for the bike, have them all here and installed before Aprilia provides a fix for the rear brake that actually solves the problem. Exotic is one thing, fraud is another.

MikeSchinkel
08-02-2005, 12:42 AM

I can understand the frustration in getting parts, but heres a hint, all is not roses in the auto repair industry either....

How about a foolproof way to get spare parts?

Just buy a low-mileage used bike that's the same year and model and you'll have all the spare parts you need! :p: :banana:

montereyrsvr
08-02-2005, 12:49 AM
How about a foolproof way to get spare parts?

Just buy a low-mileage used bike that's the same year and model and you'll have all the spare parts you need! :p: :banana:

It becomes readily apparent why AF1 did just that and are parting out an 02 Mille R. Smart boys with the resources, time and tools to get the job done.

uberchicken
08-02-2005, 01:19 AM
As far as us submitting our pictures for the calendar idea; I'm all for it. As a matter of fact I live in Hawaii and would be more than happy to put forth the time, effort, and money to get pics with my aprillia all around the Hawaiian Islands. Just send that 2006 flagship model Aprilia on over to my place for me to keep and I'll take hundreds of pics in exotic locations. :peace:

UBERCHICKEN

hank
08-02-2005, 07:14 AM
Dealers come and go but PEOPLE are the real heart & soul of a business...

I am completely happy with the service I get done to my bike thanks to: Bill H. & that Clarkie guy, not the closest places to me, but I trust them implicitly.... And for parts I expand the circle to also include Ed/Micah & Ken Zeller.

ZeroTwoRSV
08-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Regarding the calendar:

How about you put together a meeting place for each "zone" (NorthEast, PacNorthWest, etc) and take some pics there? It would be great to have a stinkload of Aprilias in one place, give everyone a "rally" to go to, meet some fine people, and build a real community? Heck, we might even make the news in some places (Like Ducati in New York did ;) )

Just a thought. Thanks for the survey and showing us that Aprilia (Piaggio) is ready to put together a fierce company!!

Bill in OKC
08-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Regarding the calendar:

How about you put together a meeting place for each "zone" (NorthEast, PacNorthWest, etc) and take some pics there? It would be great to have a stinkload of Aprilias in one place, give everyone a "rally" to go to, meet some fine people, and build a real community? Heck, we might even make the news in some places (Like Ducati in New York did ;) )

Just a thought. Thanks for the survey and showing us that Aprilia (Piaggio) is ready to put together a fierce company!!

That would tie in nicely with the ???AF1 open house??? idea!!!! I'd travel all the way to Austin for that!!!!

irdave
08-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Thanks, AUSA, for joining the apriliaforum and asking us what we think.

vex
08-02-2005, 01:07 PM
I haven't had a chance to use the closest dealer/service yet. The same one Rolf goes to, Moto International, is a couple of hours away from me. The previous owner of my bike generally had pretty good luck with parts, although some had to be ordered on occasion. I own more than one bike for a reason.

If one has to wait for parts, I can ride another one.

Too bad the survey was a bit too general in categories, I'd imagine there's a lot of guys like me with either a) No dealer in the immediate area, or b) Someone that likes to do their own work.

--Brett

deanw
08-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Too bad the survey was a bit too general in categories, I'd imagine there's a lot of guys like me with either a) No dealer in the immediate area, or b) Someone that likes to do their own work.
--Brett
c) Prefers to have an independent shop do the work that they don't want to do themselves.

I'll go an extra half hour to take my bikes to an independent shop over the dealer in my area. For that matter, I'd take my Aprilia to Moto International (3+ hours) before I'd take it to local dealer.

commandodave
08-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Howzabout revising the survey? We will give you a "Do Over". Break it down into two main categories:
1, Aprilia Motorcycles
2. Aprilia Dealers and service

With room for a comments field.

What I have seen re the posted remarks is that:
1. We love the motorcycles!
2. Parts availability sucks!
3. Some dealers are good, some are horrible.

Dave

naimchase
08-02-2005, 06:34 PM
I would like to thank AUSA for their efforts to listen to owners.

I am a VERY HAPPY Aprilia owner.

My Tuono is my favorite motorcycle of 39 years riding, my Mille is a great second bike for track, guests, and experiments. The Wife's Enjoy City is a really cool electric bicycle.

I have had better luck with parts than some. I have bought quite a few, but none were needed to get the bike running. My wait times have been mostly as expected.

My dealer is more interested in Ducati, but that's no surprise. Everyone there has been VERY helpful and reasonable.

This Forum is an excellent source of information that many dealers don't seem to have or want to share. Internet forums can be full of disinformation, but this one is highly valuable. The ENTHUSIASM of Aprilia owners is amazingly powerful. Several participants no longer own Aprilias, but continue to visit. If AUSA can regain its following and move forward, they have great promise. Many posts in this thread suggest what they need to do.

I look forward to being an APRILIA ENTHUSIAST for many years.

hank
08-02-2005, 07:36 PM
What I have seen re the posted remarks is that:
1. We love the motorcycles!
2. Parts availability sucks!
3. Some dealers are good, some are horrible.

And to add 1 more item to Dave's great list:
4. Some Non-Dealers are awesome (e.g., AF-1, Evoluzione)
And again, than you so very much for being an active member of this forum... it says a lot about Aprilia AND about this Forum...

Does anyone from Aprilia/Piaggio in Italy ever scan this forum?

GeoR
08-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Does anyone from Aprilia/Piaggio in Italy ever scan this forum?

Not in July or August......late September maybe. :rolleyes:

Camell0
08-02-2005, 09:03 PM
This Forum is an excellent source of information that many dealers don't seem to have or want to share. Internet forums can be full of disinformation, but this one is highly valuable. The ENTHUSIASM of Aprilia owners is amazingly powerful. Several participants no longer own Aprilias, but continue to visit. If AUSA can regain its following and move forward, they have great promise. Many posts in this thread suggest what they need to do.

I look forward to being an APRILIA ENTHUSIAST for many years.

absolutely right! :plus:

irdave
08-02-2005, 09:21 PM
You guys, the survey is obviously very specific (general) for a reason- they're asking specific things to get a demographic... Surveys are designed to be general, just to get an idea of what's going on.

I'd imagine that they have a pretty good idea of what we think in particular...

milleRrrr
08-03-2005, 07:52 AM
OK I am going to add my 2cts

1) My dealership has been great (www.heritageBMW.com (http://www.heritagebmw.com/) of Pittsburgh), but as you can see they are a BMW dealership as a storefront. Aprilia is there secondary bike. Make sense from a business perspective unfortunately. These guys are great. When I had the clutch brake thing going on they did a tremendous job of getting it fixed. I think it was partly a Aprilia design problem, but it has also been sorted out.

2) Get back into WSB and AMA racing we need people to recognize what bike is on the podium. It is more important than GP racing. These are the bikes that people can buy and ride that look like the bikes that won on Sunday.

3) Get a “ladies/starter” bike ala monster or baby mille 450/550. It needs to be a little shorter so the ladies can get there feet on the ground and with reasonable power and “the V2 sound”. Within a price range of the 600s, and have a style that is unique. I would love to put my wife on a beautiful bike that other people say “Wow did you see that chick on that bike” Ladies make up 30% of all new bike riders make that part of yours.

4) Get a bike to compete with the 600s, or a little above (like Kaw 636/Triumph). It doesn’t have to compete head to head on the track (yet) but it does need to let them know there is a new toy in town. V4 or I3 might do the trick with a different sounding bike. I think it could also be price a little above the current 600 crop ($500-1000 usd)

naimchase
08-03-2005, 10:54 AM
3) Get a “ladies/starter” bike ala monster or baby mille 450/550. It needs to be a little shorter so the ladies can get there feet on the ground and with reasonable power and “the V2 sound”. Within a price range of the 600s, and have a style that is unique. I would love to put my wife on a beautiful bike that other people say “Wow did you see that chick on that bike” Ladies make up 30% of all new bike riders make that part of yours.

In the early 80s, my wife at the time went from a Honda Hawk to a Moto Morini 3 1/2 and a Guzzi V50, both of them beautiful and unusual bikes. Later styles of each were much less attractive. We had practical problems with both, but she loved them. A new bike like this just might sell, but don't condemn it to failure beforehand by making it Euro-Wierdo or some other form of ugly. MAKE IT PRETTY!

milleRrrr
08-04-2005, 08:13 PM

Here is my start
Low res version

http://aprilia.rsvmille.bin.home.comcast.net/seneca2.jpg

milleRrrr
08-04-2005, 08:19 PM
In the early 80s, my wife at the time went from a Honda Hawk to a Moto Morini 3 1/2 and a Guzzi V50, both of them beautiful and unusual bikes. Later styles of each were much less attractive. We had practical problems with both, but she loved them. A new bike like this just might sell, but don't condemn it to failure beforehand by making it Euro-Wierdo or some other form of ugly. MAKE IT PRETTY!

Yea, there is a new crop of Euro ugly and Euro fugly and Euro gotta haves. Make sure, if your bringing it to the US, its not Euro Fugly. I am still trying to like the Ducati 999 but it still doesn't quite get me there.

duc slayer
08-06-2005, 11:00 AM
There is a really good painting in the pics forum titled PAINTING OF MY FIRST TRACK DAY. This painting would be perfect for the calender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ro9397
08-08-2005, 04:48 PM

I know none of you are much interested in Hondas. But one of the reasons I generally boycott European bikes, esp. MGuzzi, is lacking parts support. You could get the parts described above for a twenty-year old Honda, probabaly within three business days, no exageration. I'm probably going to get the Buell Ulysses XB12X adventure-sport. I hope their parts support is good. Having an unrideable bike sit in the garage accruing insurance & licensing fees because the manufacturer affirmatively believes parts supplies are irrelevant is pathetic & absolutely intolerable. Building bikes with superlative performance is not nearly enough, especially with hit or miss styling (Tuono, Capo Nord). Buyers are more savy than that now. Buyers demand long term committment.

I was super hot for the coming Aprilia 450/550, but now will turn my interest toward the above Ulysses or BMW's coming 800cc belt-drive parallel inline twin, with motor architecture similar to the latest 1200cc inline fours. BMW & Honda have the best parts support in the business.

fnfalman
08-08-2005, 04:57 PM
You worry about customer service and support and you're contemplating a Buell? Go check around the Harley/Buell dealerships before you buy something that the Harley boys don't know how to fix and don't care to learn how to fix, or that parts; although cheap, aren't all that available either.

kiwifalco
08-09-2005, 02:07 AM
I know none of you are much interested in Hondas.
BMW & Honda have the best parts support in the business.
But they are also less desirable with the end result of infedelity.To say the same of Aprilia then I'm sorry to say in my mind you don't understand the whole v-twin thing at all.It's a soul thing. :cheers:

GeoR
08-09-2005, 07:35 AM
I know none of you are much interested in Hondas.

You got that right. They are generally reliable you don't realise how common it is for Honda to make bikes with complete crap suspension, brakes and seats.
Recent examples of those are the VTR1000F Superhawk, the 919 and the first gen RC51. In my book there's no excuses for that.

olie
08-09-2005, 11:11 AM
It would be nice if Aprilia would release the paint color codes, some of us need touch ups. ;)

Infallible
08-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I know none of you are much interested in Hondas....
yep lets see Corvette vs Ferrari.....hmmm.....

clarkie49
08-09-2005, 10:46 PM
How about Aprilia vs Ferrari? :)

vito
08-10-2005, 09:10 AM
yep lets see Corvette vs Ferrari.....hmmm.....

excellent rebuttal.

Carbon Can Kat
08-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Took the survey as well. Dealer issues here in Atlanta...you get better service when you show up in person than you do on the phone. Bad thing is I live ~40 miles away from them so with Atlanta traffic it winds up being a 3 hour trip to go there and back. Called for a starter relay Motobritalia didn't have them in stock and neither did ApriliaUSA so it would have had to come from Italy if I purchased through them. Thank goodness AF1 has them in stock. It seems as if the Aprilias are an afterthought with them. Not sure how supportive they are now since they added Suzuki to the mix in their dealership.

Touring Sport BMW is a class act for sure. Everytime we have called them they have been very helpful and knowledgable. To show what kind of people they are we were pitted next to them last year at the opening Talledega WERA round and the oldest boy highsided his Duc 750SS. Not only did they help him unload it off the crash truck they helped him get it ready for his races the next day at no cost. He is now looking at moving up to a Mille as his race bike and Touring Sports will be his dealer of choice if he buys new.

Currently I am considering another bike to supplement the Falco. It has come down to a Mille or a MV Agusta Brutale. Parts availability will probably be the major determining factor. So ApriliaUSA lets see if you can up the ante on parts availability. That is my challenge to you to keep a so far satisfied customer.

Also how about some support for your Laverda brand? When I called about dealer or a parts network nobody there seemed to have a clue about the brand. Granted I know they are not being manufactured currently but you do own or have the rights to the name or brand.

Firebolter
08-10-2005, 01:46 PM
I took the survey, and I could be anyone of the previous poster when it comes to dealer satisfaction. In fact, when it comes to Aprilia, those two words shouldn't even be allowed to be used together! I am in the DC area and we have Aprilia Dealers, but they suck. Specifically, Colemans Powersports. I had to show them how to change the display from Km to Miles and I knew more about the bike than they did. WEAK......They do have oil filters though!

I will say though that Scuderia West in SF is about the best Aprilia shop I have been too. Also Touring Sport in SC is a good shop and of course, THANK GOD FOR THE BOYZ AT AF1. Without them, we would be stuck for the usual goodies and stuff.

I travel for work alot and have been to Aprilia shops all over the US and in Japan and Berlin. One thing about Aprilia, the owners are a bunch of good, dedicated guys/gals that are not pretentious like our other Italian owning friends......

And while I love my Falco, since you dropped it form the line up, well just don't know if I'll get another. I like the Tuono and the Mille, but the Falco is just the right mix and truely is a do it all bike. Sporty and fast, but you can tour on it. I just did a DC to Monterey for MotoGP on my Falco and she didn't miss a beat. 15 thousand miles in 16 months and no real issues.

So listen up Aprilia America........This is the Falco you should have made!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/738105/wholeright.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/738105/wholeleft.jpg

Infallible
08-10-2005, 06:53 PM
excellent rebuttal.
did you just call me a butt hole? :crybaby:

;)

pacbos
08-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey all,

Been reading this string and enjoying all the feedback. Took the survey. Wish it was more detailed for owner input.

Just got my bike back from a 14000 mile service at the ATL dealership. I must be one of the few customers here that is satisfied with the service I have received on my bike. I purchased it from them and since it is still under warranty, I'm just letting them do the service till the warranty runs out.

It was a standard service except the fork oil was changed on this go around. Had the tires replaced with Metzler M1 Sportec's.
I also had the off idle hesitation that many of you had mentioned but l had learned to live with it. I mentioned it to them and they said they would look into it.

Got the bike back yesterday. It felt brand new! The off idle hesitation is now gone and it feels perfect. I spoke with the Techs who said they adjusted the program map around to remove the hesitiation. They did a great job removing the throttle hesitiation. Its a dream to ride.

I spoke with them about Aprilia and about making more bikes available. They told me Aprilia only brought in 50 Mille's this year and only a few more Tuono's. I saw a 2005 Futura crate with "Argento" on the label for the color. According to the dictionary Argento is the latin name for a silver type of color. Not sure if It's the blueish silver that is out now. They said they would assemble it next week.

Just my 2 cents....................

R1 Rider Ru
08-13-2005, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=

I spoke with them about Aprilia and about making more bikes available. They told me Aprilia only brought in 50 Mille's this year and only a few more Tuono's.

Just my 2 cents....................[/QUOTE]

This statement makes me worried, is Aprilia abandoning the US market in favor of more accepting Euro market. Or Is there a model change in the near future, and they want to keep inventory low. Having just bought my first Aprilia
an RSV Factory. My greatest fear is Aprilia will leave the US market. I decided to purchase an Aprilia after speaking with Aprilia reps. and a group of Aprilia racers from England
that are based out of texas, at the US MotoGP All of which reassured me Aprilia is strong and viable company that is here to stay. p.s. Aprilia ROCKS this is the best bike ever!

hank
08-13-2005, 02:28 PM
...Or Is there a model change in the near future, and they want to keep inventory low....

Well, the first generation was from 1998 - 2000, the second generation was from 2001 - 2003 and the third generation has been around since 2004...

Hmmmm.... Perhaps if you get Clarkie REALLY drunk he might talk... but probably not...

clarkie49
08-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Maybe reassuring you is the 'official' job of the Marketing guy ;)

pacbos
08-13-2005, 03:57 PM
I just received the post card in the mail from Aprilia in regards to the survey. For those who did not receive it, it reads as follows:

Calling all Aprilia and Moto Guzzi owners!

We're getting the family together for some very exciting times ahead: new models, discriminating technology and a reconnection with our riders.

We want to know more about you and your ownership experience. The reason is simple, to make your experience better and invite more people, like you, into our family of owners.

Please visit www.apriliausasurvey.com. After completeing the questionnaire, we will add you to a list to receive a 2006 Aprilia or Moto Guzzi Calendar free of charge!

If you are currently looking for a new motorcycle, consider taking advantage of our low APR program running through September '05. See your dealer for details.

THANK YOU! - Aprilia & Moto Guzzi, USA

My thoughts on this card and the survey:

1. If they were truly pulling out of the USA, they would never send a mailing out like this. If they were pulling out, why would they spend the money?

2. The first paragraph indicates new models and technology forthcoming. This is great news. If this were not true, then why would they put it on an official mailing to owners?

3. The second paragraph indicates they are interested in what we have to say about the ownership experience. They are looking for marketing feedback so they will know what to do next time arouind. If they are not going to do business here, then why would they waste their time gathering marketing information.

4. The third paragraph encourages you to complete the survey. If you want the bikes here bad enough like everyone else, then fill out the survey and be honest with them. Feedback on the survey shows continued interest in the product. I like having input because I love the bikes!

5. The fourth paragraph states that if your still looking for a new bike take advantage of the financing. I know alot of you have lost local dealerships and that is not good for business. Last I looked, the Aprilia USA website has a link for a list of active dealers in the USA. Check the list and check Cycle Trader to see if they have remaining stock. As I noted in my last post, my dealer had just received an in the crate Futura.

This all sounds serious to me so why not be optimistic? We all know the products are great, best Italian bike products available with quality on par with the big japanese four. Definitely better than Ducati from what I have read. I wouldn't ride anything else. I like the fact that there are very few of my bikes around but I would also like to see them on a regular basis, indicating the growth of the product line.

Aprilia really needs to work on brand awareness in the states. I agree that more racing programs need to be company supported in all the major series and classes in the states.

Some may not like this, but getting all facets of the fashion, music, sports and entertainment industry involved will surely help with brand awareness. Its a neat enough sounding name. People saying the word "Aprilia" without them even knowing what they are talking about will help name recognition. Curious people will investigate what Aprilia means.
Michael Jordan's involvement with Suzuki has surely helped their predigious sales and brought more awareness of the Suzuki product to another demographic of our country. Aprilia could do the same with another sports superstar.
People may laugh when I mention the fashion industry, but when I was at the bike show in Amsterdam last year the Aprilia area was the most populated of all the bikes, even Ducati, and Ducati had a monster area. Why? Simple, they had the hottest looking models in the hottest outfits with their logo on it!
A market that is wide open for the taking but no major motorcycle manufacturer has taken advantage of is the market for women riders. I see women riding Harleys all the time and the main reason is the seat height. They have some of the lowest in the industry. Marketing towards women would be a great way to get a 550cc sport bike in here. Make the seat height adjustable to fit the average woman, throw in a fashion line, and market it to them. God knows they love to spend the money, that's why all the marketing money for most products is directed towards women and children. We just wind up paying for it.

You all may think I'm long winded and full of it, but please take what I have written as brainstorming. I'm just putting ideas out there. I really love the bikes and would love to see new and improved product coming out every year. I want to see more dealers with a vested interest in the brand. I want all the parts we need available to all of our dealers 24/7/365.

Thanks for you patience in reading this post.

Best Regards,

Marketing Dept.
08-15-2005, 07:53 AM
Eric AKA 'pacbos' is right; we're not going anywhere. On the contrary, Piaggio has stated that the US will be a focal point for growth. As we Americans know, it's a huge market that's largely untapped by Aprilia.

Here's what I can tell you:

Product: The '06 Tuono will be here in Jan and yes, I have seen the little spy pic (that's all I'm saying). A few more '05 RSVs are on their way. The new Capo (w/ABS) and several new scooters are being introduced as well.

Support: Every week we are making improvements in our parts and distribution systems. Piaggio is spending both hours and dollars to help us get to where we need to be.

Dealers: We are working to fortify the existing dealer network and advertising for new dealers.

And: Here's some big news... We will be in every one of the 13 Cycle World Shows!!!

Hampton

ZeroTwoRSV
08-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Those 13 Cycle shows could be the biggest thing you'd be doing on an immediate level. Showing existing motorcyclists (the ones most likely to buy a bike soon) that you are still here and mean business! Kudos to you.

Familiarity with a brand name is also key. I don't care if they are models, commercials, or strategic product placement on TV (No more "Torque"s please ;) ).

I would also hope that we see some signs pointing to a new race bike, and start getting the hype direct from the Factory, instead of our own rumor mill.

Ooh, I'm starting to get all tingly inside again :banana:

snadam
08-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Here's some big news... We will be in every one of the 13 Cycle World Shows!!!

Take it one step further and make sure that the people representing the Aprilia brand are well trained and enthusiastic.

Adam

ride200mi
08-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Please...Please.... Please.... PLEASE.... Tell us Aprilia will be coming out with a Futura replacement....:bangwall:

Bill in OKC
08-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Here's some big news... We will be in every one of the 13 Cycle World Shows!!

Don't forget a beautiful model wearing an Aprilia bikini!! :lover:

novos
08-15-2005, 01:15 PM
the aprilia girls are always the hottest at the shows, as we all know. :lover:

those ducati girls are SOOO high maintenance. :rolleyes:

R1 Rider Ru
08-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Take it one step further and make sure that the people representing the Aprilia brand are well trained and enthusiastic.

Adam
All the Aprilia Rep that I have ever met at AMA rounds have been very enthusiastic and Profesinal. In Fact it was because of The Reps @ the USMotoGp that I purchased the Aprilia brand. They were all very help full and
sincere about helping me decided on Aprilia, and I belive went out of they way to answer all my questions. Glad to hear there will be new and exciting
Models to come.

snadam
08-15-2005, 08:34 PM
R1 Rider,
That's awesome that you've had good experiences with the Aprilia PR machine. A quick scan of the site revealed this (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60451) thread which illustrates that Aprilia doesn't have consistent positive represenation.

Adam

zedx9
08-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Don't forget a beautiful model wearing an Aprilia bikini!! :lover:

Cool! If they show up, I can fantasize about riding one of them just like I fantazise about riding my 04 Factory I have not seen since I dropped it at the dealer on 6-24-05, hey, I might get lucky..........

army scope jock
08-16-2005, 03:18 AM
Well how about allowing the German Aprilia Dealer to sell me a US spec bike or better yet, let me pick it up at the factory.

You know Ducati will allow any German dealer to sell me a US spec bike. Then again if you would rather isolate over 100,000 active duty services members, dependents and DOD civilians living in Germany then so be it.

army scope jock
08-16-2005, 03:23 AM
Please...Please.... Please.... PLEASE.... Tell us Aprilia will be coming out with a Futura replacement....:bangwall:

Why, Triumph looks like they have done an excellent job

army scope jock
08-16-2005, 03:26 AM
more to ponder

Ricky J
08-16-2005, 06:30 AM
Conventional fork, bolt-on exhaust tips, RF900-ish styling...obviously a counterfeit.

JoeKher
08-16-2005, 07:24 AM
It is a marketing survey to see what direction they should aim their efforts at. One look at this forum (and we know they look ) will tell them what we think.

We :lover: like the bikes, dislike most of the dealers :rolleyes: , :pissed: HATE parts that are backordered (although sometimes it is the bad dealers that don't do their jobs), and we want choices in product (not everyone wants a Mille/Tuono).

I know that there have been a lot of changes over there but they really need to refocus on customer service at all levels! Dealers need to care about the product they sell and the corp types need to promote general good will as many people still don't know what an Aprilia is. Poor parts and accessories supply only lends truth to the old saying that "Don't buy Italian bikes because you will never get parts!" and "The parts are on the slow boat from Italy!".

Prove that Aprilia is a world class organization. Provide us with the support and parts we need to be happy customers.

I have not met a good Aprilia rep at any functions. Dan somebody a few years back who was a pure car salesman. Then some guy named Tim who had to ask the local dealer for answers to the questions I had. They often have product they know very little about.

Hint! If you are going to do an event make sure someone there knows something about a couple of the models. And maybe hire people who ride so I can believe what they are saying or atleast they will be enthusiastic about what they are doing. I can't believe that it is hard to find people who love the fact that they work in the motorcycle industry.

The last good Moto Guzzi rep I met was a Red Headed guy named Ron at a couple of Michigan events. He knew the product and was passionate about the brand. If Ron still works for Moto Guzzi promote him to GOD! (and take notes on how he loves what he does!)

clarkie49
08-16-2005, 08:09 AM
If Ron still works for Moto Guzzi promote him to GOD! (and take notes on how he loves what he does!)

Ron is now (as well as the 10 other jobs he has) the Dealer Developement guy, hopefully he can find some great dealers around to actually show some passion and get behind the brand (like Jeff @ Detroit), unfortuneatly the reps you mentioned were paid a bonus on the number of units they wholesaled, open 10 crappy dealers, make them take 20 units each and they make their bouns....... just like a used cars salesman ;)

Soundrider
08-16-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who has had a good experience with Moto International here in Seattle. Even though Dave is a Moto Guzzi fan he has done alot for boosting Aprilia here in the Northwest. Dave did get some bad press in the RS50 forum but, it was more Aprilias doing than anything from him. The RS50 was a good seller for him but, ApriliaUSA could not keep him with a steady supply so he tried to steer people away from them. Working in a customer service industry this is both and good and bad thing. It is always good to sell what you can get and not try to make inflated promises but, it can also make people think you do not want to sell them what they want if it is not explained properly.

As for my feelings on Aprilia, after my RS50 I was looking at Ducatis and if my street RS250 had not fallen into my lap (once again Moto helped me find it) I would have purchased a Monster 620. I love 2 strokes and have limited myself to 600cc. What I feel Aprilia really needs in the US market is a mid size bike that they can actually sell in the US. Every street RS250 I know of in the States gets so much attention and people snap them up quickly. I know a good part of this is due to their rarity in the States but, it also shows how much Aprilia needs a mid sized sportbike. There is a HUGE gap from the RS50 (great commuter/backroad toy) to the Tuono/Mille. Not everyone wants/needs a 1000cc sportbike.

Bill in OKC
08-16-2005, 12:43 PM
I got my card in the mail yesterday. I like saving all the little things that Aprilia has sent me over the years. Moto International is a great place for any Moto Guzzi owner to know about. If you don't have a Guzzi dealer nearby they are a lifesaver. They have a nice catalog and they sell stuff that is just about impossible to find anywhere but in Europe. Lucky for me I can read a little bit of German so I could also get the good MG stuff from these guys:

http://www.stein-dinse.com/

OBRSV1000
08-16-2005, 03:28 PM
I've got to pipe in on this. Ya'll are singing my song. First time caller long time listener.

I'm with several of you guys. I'm here in Dallas and ride an '03 RSV 1000. My dealership was the greatest when buying, but a real pain since then. I've taken it to several mechanics in the area (in hopes of finding someone who cares about these machines) and each time I've had issues.

First time I took it to Aprilia, I had to re-tighten a few things I noticed where loose. Tried another place and recieved a beautiful scratch on the lower swing arm (thank God for the Dremmel tool). Then took it to another place and recieved another "nic" just below the saddle. Since then I've done all maintaince. Love my bike!!! Long live the Aprilia!!

I'm about to change out the Air Filter and Plugs. Any suggestions?

vito
08-16-2005, 03:37 PM
I've got to pipe in on this. Ya'll are singing my song. First time caller long time listener.

I'm with several of you guys. I'm here in Dallas and ride an '03 RSV 1000. My dealership was the greatest when buying, but a real pain since then. I've taken it to several mechanics in the area (in hopes of finding someone who cares about these machines) and each time I've had issues.

First time I took it to Aprilia, I had to re-tighten a few things I noticed where loose. Tried another place and recieved a beautiful scratch on the lower swing arm (thank God for the Dremmel tool). Then took it to another place and recieved another "nic" just below the saddle. Since then I've done all maintaince. Love my bike!!! Long live the Aprilia!!

I'm about to change out the Air Filter and Plugs. Any suggestions?

don't know which shops you've been to, but i bought my bike from eurosport in ft. worth. never used them for anything else, but they were good to work with on the sale and i've heard good things. seems like micah (af1) said they were o.k.

OBRSV1000
08-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Thanks Vito. I don't mind the distance for quality. I'll check them out.

rsvandanexc
08-16-2005, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=badkat]Sorry about the rest of you guys, but I've had awesome service/support here in the PNW, Moto International has done us right.

Glad to hear Moto's been cool to at least one of it's victim's! I personally think they write you off as soon as your check clears. Not to mention the condescending tone in one of the parts guys voice when you question his line of reasoning, or lack thereof (NOT JOHN! The other "parts guy"!). This situation is the result of too many years of what I call "settle for" America....dealerships of all makes of cars, bikes, boats and RV's think they can treat Americans this way because the majority just shrugs their shoulders and says "ok, if you say so?", all the while taking it in the ass over something that should be handled with some quality and customer service! Don't settle....stand up for yourselves when your getting the screws put to you for anything or you're just encouraging them to continue to do it to others. BTW...love my RSV, even with the faults....just don't care for my dealership! :lame:

Homer
08-16-2005, 07:42 PM

At the risk of stressing the "server" under my desk and my very limited bandwidth... Here are the pics from my April tour with SuproSonic - all pictures feature my bike and his bike (before I wrecked it :( ).

http://www.seanfinnegan.com/mctrip/

Should I mention that SuproSonics bike is still sitting in the shop nearly 3 months after the accident waiting on parts?

splinter
08-20-2005, 04:07 PM
i just took the survey, and i share the same feelings as most, love the bike, wish i had a better dealer/parts supply source. i would have to drive a long way just to see an aprillia on a salesfloor of a shop right now, when i bought my 03 rsv you could find 3 dealers not far. looks like most of us have the same concerns, i would like to ask if the forum could post a dealer rating system, somingthing like 1 to 10, ofcourse there will be some who have bad experiences and some good but overall we could judge how far to travel to get service/parts etc.also im fairly good with motorcycles and own most common hand tools, but id also like to propose we the forum purchase the more elaborate/expensive tools to pass around on some sort of loaner/rental basis. all in all the is the best motorcycle ive ever rode, i could go on abouthow i love it for a long time, but like most of you i am concerned about RIDING,AND I WANT TO KEEP ON RIDING, my thanks to aprilia for this opportunity, i hope you can do as you are saying you will , also my thanks to this forum, i know most of you dont know me, but i read and rely on your wisdom alot. :lame:

dbl_aitch
08-21-2005, 09:28 AM
I took the survey. Perhaps people responding to these surveys won't take the time to answer in detail, but that survey was a waste of time, IMO. It's easy to give and tabulate results, but offers little in the way of real communication. In either direction.

To add some personal remarks, in case someone from Aprilia actually cares about customers and is reading this thread:

I love my Tuono. I would love to ride it, if I could get parts for it. I used to recommend in wholeheartedly. I have a friend who'd love to have one. But until the parts situation is cleared up, I can't recommend this or any Aprilia. And my friend bought something else.

How about a little more time spent on existing customers? I love the look of the new Tuono, but I'm a very unhappy consumer and seeing new bikes come out while mine languishes does nothing to improve my attitude.

duc slayer
08-21-2005, 01:23 PM
There's a whole lot of complaining about parts service and the lack of knowledgeable dealers, which is completely understandable and justified. But I need to state that I've owned 3 different Aprilia's and have never had any problem's with any of the bike's or parts for any of the bike's. I had an 01RSVR from 02-late 04, also an 02 Capo from 03-04, then both of those were traded for 04factory.
I just want to let potential Aprilia customers know that not everyone that owns an Ape has had problem's, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one here. So those of you that have not had any problems should also post and let us,them, now about the good times. I have never had any clutch issues and I've also never had any rear brake issues. :)

dbl_aitch
08-22-2005, 10:21 AM
There's a whole lot of complaining about parts service and the lack of knowledgeable dealers, which is completely understandable and justified. But I need to state that I've owned 3 different Aprilia's and have never had any problem's with any of the bike's or parts for any of the bike's. I had an 01RSVR from 02-late 04, also an 02 Capo from 03-04, then both of those were traded for 04factory.
I just want to let potential Aprilia customers know that not everyone that owns an Ape has had problem's, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one here. So those of you that have not had any problems should also post and let us,them, now about the good times. I have never had any clutch issues and I've also never had any rear brake issues.

Complaints about parts are justified. The situation is rididulous. My Tuono has been reliable and as long as all I need is an occasional oil filter, I'm fine? And any new customer is in the same boat? Swell... I watched my parts guy order the parts, and all of them showed as being in inventory in GA. They weren't and of course didn't show up as promised. No one answers the phone at the warehouse and I can only hope my parts are actually on the way from Italy. Until they show up, I have a very attractive garage queen.

As long as I'm on my soapbox, I'll comment again about seeing new models show up. It's great and keeps Aprilia competitive in the marketplace. But seeing a new Pegaso or Tuono, or listening to the speculation about a bike with in inline four cylinder, only compounds the situation in my mind. It seems that current customers aren't a priority. Or even a concern. I'd hate to see Aprilia go the way of Norton. It's easier to get parts for a classic Norton now than it was when Norton was still in business.

I'm glad you're happy with your bike. But until the parts situration is improved, I can't see having one as an only motorcycle. Fortunately for me, it's not my only bike, but unless I get some satisfaction, I'll get one that has some support from the factory.

duc slayer
08-22-2005, 12:40 PM
I didn't say anything about those complaints not being justified, But have you tried any other dealers for parts, just because your local dealer dosen't have that part in stock dosen't mean that every dealer dosen't. It's like going to an auto store if they don't have your specific headlight bulb, do you drive w/o lights or look at another auto store. I'm not tring to ride you, it just seems that a-lot of people seem to have blinders on, if the local dealer dosen't have parts they just wait and wait and wait untill they get them in, but personally I'll try and call everyone I can find,think of, my friends can think of, call everywhere and everyone. And yes I do realize that not all parts are stocked!!!
It seems that some people have a hard time grasping the fact that Aprilia is not producing hundreds of thousands of these models, so of course there will be the occasional parts problem. Does it suck absolutely, then again it is an exotic machine

rides_twins
08-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Same here... Tuono's been in the shop for 3 months (only the entire riding season) waiting for parts. :pissed:

The latest back-ordered part that they can't find = Rear Brake Toe Peg!... c'mon

Also sucks that down here in So Cal there are only like 3 places you can take your Aprilia for service now. I've been to 2 of them and they weren't very friendly or trust inspiring. I've heard worse about the 3rd.

Can we get some kind of focus on customer service from Aprilia? Please? I love my Tuono too...

I took the survey. Perhaps people responding to these surveys won't take the time to answer in detail, but that survey was a waste of time, IMO. It's easy to give and tabulate results, but offers little in the way of real communication. In either direction.

To add some personal remarks, in case someone from Aprilia actually cares about customers and is reading this thread:

I love my Tuono. I would love to ride it, if I could get parts for it. I used to recommend in wholeheartedly. I have a friend who'd love to have one. But until the parts situation is cleared up, I can't recommend this or any Aprilia. And my friend bought something else.

How about a little more time spent on existing customers? I love the look of the new Tuono, but I'm a very unhappy consumer and seeing new bikes come out while mine languishes does nothing to improve my attitude.

dbl_aitch
08-22-2005, 02:13 PM
There are three Aprilia dealers in CO, and one only does scooters. Both the bike dealers are principally Japanese bike dealers that have Aprilia as a side. I've had a rocky relationship with the close one (35 miles) and won't set foot in the one that's further away. There is one dealer in Kansas, one in Utah, none in Wyoming or Nebraska, other nearby states. Do you know of a good stocking dealer or one that has a reasonable mail order service set up? Or a contact at Aprilia who's ear I can bend?

And I don't quibble with the low parts stocking level at the dealer at all, I quibble with the lack of reasonable parts from the company warehouse. Their stocking level is apparently somewhat shy of ludicrous. As for how many of these kit bikes they make (and not all that exotic, given some of their components), I'm aware that they don't make many. That's not a reasonable excuse for not having an adequate parts supply. It's increasingly obvious that they'll spend money for parts for new bikes and new customers but not existing ones. That's bad business at the very least, unconscionable at best.

mikeyyc
08-22-2005, 02:52 PM
I hear all the issues with Aprilia supplying parts in the US, you could always try ordering from my local dealer here in Canada.

www.revoluzione.com

I've never had a problem getting anything, and the longest I've had to wait for a part was 2 weeks for handguards for my Caponord

Mike

jaxr1
08-22-2005, 04:32 PM
I wish they had the option for entering RS250 as the bike you own. Unfortunately they do not. :bond:

duc slayer
08-22-2005, 05:10 PM
This Is Exactly What I'm Talking About, You Can't Seriously Be Waiting For A Damn Toe Rubber. I'm Sorry Rides Twins, But If Your Waiting On The Lever Or The Toe Rubber,the Just Ridiculous, Af1 Sells The Rubber Right Here For 4.99 And The Lever Is 35.00. So I Really Hope You Haven't Been Waiting On These Parts For 3 Months.
This Is Exactly Why Those Of You That Have An Aprilia And Have Not Had Any Issues, We Need To Here From You Also. Like I Said I Don't Mean To Pick On You Rides Twins, But I Feel That There Are A-lot Of People Out There Complaining About Parts That I'm Sure They Could Find With A Little More Effort

thrillaprilla
08-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Question; can I get warranty parts like the ornamental rear brake fix and fading clutch fix through AF1?

dbl_aitch
08-22-2005, 05:46 PM
But I Feel That There Are A-lot Of People Out There Complaining About Parts That I'm Sure They Could Find With A Little More Effort

Shouldn't have to... The Company needs to stock items in the good old USofA or be able to get them here from Italy in a reasonable time frame. Regardless of what it is. And if they can't/won't, they should honestly tell the consumer how long it will take to get the parts.

Dug206
08-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Still waiting on my calender.

Big Fish
08-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Sorry guys, but that whole, "We ride exotic bikes." is an absolute pile of crap cop-out lame ass excuse. If we were in 1980, and Al Gore hadn't invented the internet, Bill Gates hadn't invented the computer, Ford hadn't invented the assembly line, and Bezos hadn't invented distribution of product, I might understand. Unfortunately, in 2005 with the ability to get fresh crab legs from Anchorage to Sydney overnight it just doesn't hold any water. I might also be a little more understanding if Aprilia was building a new bike every year from scratch. But that didn't happen from 01-03. Overnighting a part from the factory to Atlanta is a non-stop flight nowadays. It's absurd to think that we can't get parts and pieces because of the distance between us. Maybe, Aprilia doesn't put as much of a priority on the American customers as they do our European counterparts, for one reason; Market share.

For those who say it takes longer to make the part, I think that Bill's computer is doing most of that really intricate machining anyways. Buy more systems. But than again, a surplus of parts on the market makes them cheaper, so that doesn't make sense either.

BTW, I'm not writing this to bitch. Just making a point. I'm lucky in that I live right between Micha and the fellas at AF1, and Frank and his guys at Touring Sport.

Bill in OKC
08-23-2005, 08:52 AM
I have vehicles that make finding parts for an Aprilia look like a piece of cake. I guess it is all relative.

dbl_aitch
08-23-2005, 09:19 AM
I have vehicles that make finding parts for an Aprilia look like a piece of cake. I guess it is all relative.

I'll bet they aren't current models and also that you knew parts would be a problem going in...

duc slayer
08-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Thrilla, I would have to say the answer would be no, because I don't believe that AF1 is actually a dealer, and I hate to say it but everyone here should be able to bleed their own brake and clutch, it really isn't that hard to do at all.
Dbl aitch, you shouldn't have to?? seriously do you guys want to ride your bikes or just let it sit so you can bitch. Personally I have no problem what so ever buying parts else where that should be warrantied, why do I do this, because I want to RIDE. If your dealer tries to order your parts and they're backordered do you really expect them to spend hours tring to find a $5 part. I sure don't If it's not available through the warehouse you should be willing to do some leg work.
I must disagree with you Big Fish, at this point in time these are exoctics, how many other bikes out there have this kind of price tag, a few, and their all exotics. Seriously how many Aprilia's are made every year, personally I don't know, but lets just say they produce say 20,000 bikes in a year, do you guys really expect them to make 20,000 extra brake levers and 20k extra everythings. It's not like thier producing 2 million bikes a year.

dbl_aitch
08-23-2005, 02:40 PM
dbl aitch, you shouldn't have to?? seriously do you guys want to ride your bikes or just let it sit so you can bitch. Personally I have no problem what so ever buying parts else where that should be warrantied, why do I do this, because I want to RIDE. If your dealer tries to order your parts and they're backordered do you really expect them to spend hours tring to find a $5 part. I sure don't If it's not available through the warehouse you should be willing to do some leg work.
I must disagree with you Big Fish, at this point in time these are exoctics, how many other bikes out there have this kind of price tag, a few, and their all exotics. Seriously how many Aprilia's are made every year, personally I don't know, but lets just say they produce say 20,000 bikes in a year, do you guys really expect them to make 20,000 extra brake levers and 20k extra everythings. It's not like thier producing 2 million bikes a year.

Nope, I shouldn't. Your statement about 20,000 extra brake levers is idiotic, no one expects that. But no Tuono handlebars in the US, or maybe anywhere? Particularly since the bend is unlike anything available commercially? I've checked... That's utter nonsense. I've done lots of research trying to find the parts to fix my bike. I do all my own work, was a certified BMW wrench, and have not the slightest doubt I could have the bike back on the road in short order. That's not the point. If I am really blessed and get to ride an "exotic" I sure don't want it looking like something that fell off the Beverly Hillbillies' truck. But I don't want my KLR to look like that either. It's not my only bike and I do still ride. But I really enjoy the Tuono and that makes it worse, waiting for stuff that should be available.

Aprilia needs to pay attention. And do something.

Dug206
08-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Still no calender. This is getting to be like waiting for my Roadracing World to arrive every month.

duc slayer
08-23-2005, 04:32 PM
I don't feel it's idiotic at all, and I do get the impression that people expect that, judging by some of the replies here, people want their parts, not now but right now, and if those parts are not in stock it's ridiculous and Aprilia should spend $100 to overnight a $50 part. It seems that a-lot of people feel that Aprilia should have enough spare parts in GA to build 15-20 complete bikes. Go to your local honda or harley dealer and see if you can walk out with some gsxr handle bars or sv650 brake lever, if your dealer has them good for you but I know my locaol dealers don't stock shite

JoeKher
08-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Go to your local honda or harley dealer and see if you can walk out with some gsxr handle bars or sv650 brake lever, if your dealer has them good for you but I know my locaol dealers don't stock shiteBut they can tell you when to expect it. My BMW dealer will let me know where it is, in country or Germany, and get it coming for me. Job well done.

My Aprilia dealer tries to keep the basics and breakible items like levers in stock, but last summer it took 3 months to get brake levers for RSV's :confused: . That is just wrong in this day and age.

duc slayer
08-23-2005, 05:13 PM
that's a perfect example of what I'm taliking about wait 3 month's for them or 2 days from AF1. Maybe yours were warrantied, but I purchased a bike that retails close to 20k, it's not going to chap my ass if I have to spend $40 on a brake lever. That's also a problem with YOUR dealer not APRILIA.

dbl_aitch
08-23-2005, 05:39 PM
that's a perfect example of what I'm taliking about wait 3 month's for them or 2 days from AF1. Maybe yours were warrantied, but I purchased a bike that retails close to 20k, it's not going to chap my ass if I have to spend $40 on a brake lever. That's also a problem with YOUR dealer not APRILIA.

Probably not. Dunno, and don't care, if the levers you bought are generic POS levers, but Aprilia has demonstrated time and again that parts supply is not a priority.

duc slayer
08-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Shite levers are you kidding me, have you ever even gone throught the AF1 online store. Seeing how they're advertised as "GENUINE BREMBO" replacement levers I would have to assume they're the real thing, and what do ya know they even have bars for your tuono. Just out of curiousity how is it that Aprilia has demonsrated time and time again that parts aren't priority, I just don't see it, did I miss an email from the marketing dept.

GeoR
08-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Just for the hell of it I ordered a new set of caliper bolts from Prilia back in 03 (the old ones were kind of frozen in place).

After about 9 months the dealer received ONE bolt -not the set- and it was substandard (the thread was all fucked up). The rest were on "indefinite" backorder, out of curiosity I checked for another 6 months with the same negative results...all the way to Sept of 04, when I gave up.

I don't think that it gets poorer than that.

dbl_aitch
08-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Shite levers are you kidding me, have you ever even gone throught the AF1 online store. Seeing how they're advertised as "GENUINE BREMBO" replacement levers I would have to assume they're the real thing, and what do ya know they even have bars for your tuono. Just out of curiousity how is it that Aprilia has demonsrated time and time again that parts aren't priority, I just don't see it, did I miss an email from the marketing dept.

Bought lots of stuff from AF1, probably more than you. They must have sold the only set of Tuono bars in existence, though, or else you were hallucinating, as they don't show now... Maybe I'll get a refund from my dealer since Aprilia can't/won't supply parts, even for warranty, to their dealers, which is the real point of this discussion.

JoeKher
08-24-2005, 07:30 AM
that's a perfect example of what I'm taliking about wait 3 month's for them or 2 days from AF1. Maybe yours were warrantied, but I purchased a bike that retails close to 20k, it's not going to chap my ass if I have to spend $40 on a brake lever.I didn't wait for the levers, and I didn't get them from AF1. But that is not the point. The point is MANUFACTURER PARTS SUPPORT for their product. I won't miss a beat if I can get the parts some place else but Aprilia has a legal obligation to provide support for any product sold in the states.

That's also a problem with YOUR dealer not APRILIA.How do you figure? My dealer is one of the good ones and TRIES to stock that stuff, but he can not place the stocking orders with Italy. If Aprilia can not get parts to my dealer how is that his problem?

duc slayer
08-24-2005, 10:16 AM
DBL, I DOUBT YOU'VE BOUGHT MORE FROM THEM THAN I HAVE, BUT IF YOU HAVE GOOD FOR THEM. I'M UP IN TH 4.5-5K RANGE (DUAL ARROWS, STM, CARBON GALORE, LEVERS, ACCULIGNS, FILTERS, WIRES, PLUGS, YADA, YADA, YADA). OH AND BY THE WAY CLICK ON SHOP LINE, THEN CLICK ON TUOUNO AND A BOUT 3 OR 4 PICS DOWN ARE CLIP-ONS FOR THE TUONO AND EVEN FURTHER DOWN REPLACEMENT BARS. HOUDINI(sp) MUST HAVE BROUGHT THEM BACK :)
JOEKHER, YOU STATED THAT YOUR BMW DEALER LETS YOU KNOW WHERE THE PARTS ARE HERE OR ABROAD AND WHEN TO EXPECT THEM, AND THE REASON I STATED THAT WAS A DEALER PROBLEM IS BECAUSE MY APRILIA DEALER DOES JUST THAT, TELLS ME WHERE THE PARTS ARE AND WHEN TO EXPECT THEM, IF THEY TELL ME 2 WEEKS IT'S ALWAYS BEEN FASTER AND THE POINT I'M GETTING AT WITH THE RSV'S LEVERS IS THAT THEY ARE BREMBO LEVERS, YOU CAN'T TELL ME THE ONLY PLACE TO GET BREMBO LEVERS IS FROM APRILIA

Camell0
08-24-2005, 10:54 AM
OH AND BY THE WAY CLICK ON SHOP LINE, THEN CLICK ON TUOUNO AND A BOUT 3 OR 4 PICS DOWN ARE CLIP-ONS FOR THE TUONO AND EVEN FURTHER DOWN REPLACEMENT BARS. HOUDINI(sp) MUST HAVE BROUGHT THEM BACK :)

look closer ... the only replacement bar i see is the woodcraft clip-on replacement bar. not a tuono bar.

(i just had to check this since i didn't find one when i looked a few months ago)

dbl_aitch
08-24-2005, 11:13 AM
DBL, I DOUBT YOU'VE BOUGHT MORE FROM THEM THAN I HAVE, BUT IF YOU HAVE GOOD FOR THEM. I'M UP IN TH 4.5-5K RANGE (DUAL ARROWS, STM, CARBON GALORE, LEVERS, ACCULIGNS, FILTERS, WIRES, PLUGS, YADA, YADA, YADA). OH AND BY THE WAY CLICK ON SHOP LINE, THEN CLICK ON TUOUNO AND A BOUT 3 OR 4 PICS DOWN ARE CLIP-ONS FOR THE TUONO AND EVEN FURTHER DOWN REPLACEMENT BARS. HOUDINI(sp) MUST HAVE BROUGHT THEM BACK :)
JOEKHER, YOU STATED THAT YOUR BMW DEALER LETS YOU KNOW WHERE THE PARTS ARE HERE OR ABROAD AND WHEN TO EXPECT THEM, AND THE REASON I STATED THAT WAS A DEALER PROBLEM IS BECAUSE MY APRILIA DEALER DOES JUST THAT, TELLS ME WHERE THE PARTS ARE AND WHEN TO EXPECT THEM, IF THEY TELL ME 2 WEEKS IT'S ALWAYS BEEN FASTER AND THE POINT I'M GETTING AT WITH THE RSV'S LEVERS IS THAT THEY ARE BREMBO LEVERS, YOU CAN'T TELL ME THE ONLY PLACE TO GET BREMBO LEVERS IS FROM APRILIA

I know it's difficult for you, but expand your experience base beyond brake levers. If all I needed was a brake lever, I'd be a happy camper. Unfortunately, I need more than that. Including handlebars, not clip-ons. It appears that it will take more than a magician to get Aprilia on track. Their parts person is more like Houdini, now that you bring that up. A true escape artist, never to be found. Or deliver parts...

As for your Aprila dealer, who is it, and who can I contact in their parts department? I need parts and if they are as good as you say, I'll call them in a New York minute.

duc slayer
08-24-2005, 01:35 PM
DBL, YOU STATED "no touno handle bars in the us or anywhere for that matter. particularly since the bend is unlike anything else commercially, i've checked" NOW HOW DOSEN'T A CLIP-ON FALL INTO THAT CATAGORY
ANY WHO MY DEALER IS SEACOAST AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING LOCAL, AND I THINK THEY'VE GOT THEIR OWN LITTLE HOUDINI (clarkie).
TIME IS ALL APRILIA NEEDS TO SORT OUT SOME OF THEIR PROBLEMS, HOUDINI WOULD BE NICE. ESPECIALLY AFTER GOING THROUGH AN OWNERSHIP CHANGE, I'M VERY CONFIDENT THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER, WITH A LITTLE MORE TIME. THIS WOULD BE GREAT TIME FOR THE MARKETING GUY ,HAMPTON I BELEIVE, TO CHIME IN AND LET US NO THE SHANANAGANS ARE COMING TO AND END. hint,hint,wink,wink :banana:

Bill in OKC
08-24-2005, 01:44 PM
"Stock Tuono upper clamp and risers. Handlebars are pro taper"

Have you tried pro taper handlebars?

dbl_aitch
08-24-2005, 02:46 PM
DBL, YOU STATED "no touno handle bars in the us or anywhere for that matter. particularly since the bend is unlike anything else commercially, i've checked" NOW HOW DOSEN'T A CLIP-ON FALL INTO THAT CATAGORY
ANY WHO MY DEALER IS SEACOAST AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING LOCAL, AND I THINK THEY'VE GOT THEIR OWN LITTLE HOUDINI (clarkie).
TIME IS ALL APRILIA NEEDS TO SORT OUT SOME OF THEIR PROBLEMS, HOUDINI WOULD BE NICE. ESPECIALLY AFTER GOING THROUGH AN OWNERSHIP CHANGE, I'M VERY CONFIDENT THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER, WITH A LITTLE MORE TIME. THIS WOULD BE GREAT TIME FOR THE MARKETING GUY ,HAMPTON I BELEIVE, TO CHIME IN AND LET US NO THE SHANANAGANS ARE COMING TO AND END. hint,hint,wink,wink

A clip-on is a clip on. Look at the picture of the Tuono below your last post. The gold things that mount the mirrors, grips, etc., are handlebars. Pull your head out, look at them, and tell me they're the same as clip-ons. If I'd wanted the leaned over riding position that clip-ons provide, I'd have bought a Mille.

You're absolutely right, Aprilia needs to sort out some problems. And I'd love to hear from Hampton, the marketing guy, to see when we can expect improvement. Or if...

I have a buddy who'd love to by a Tuono, more so since he was the '06 pic. He won't buy one, though, due to the current parts situation.

Bill- I've looked at ProTaper. They don't sell the Tuono bars through normal marketing channels, apparently, or at least not according to their specs chart. There's another outfit that makes fatbar style bars, but nothing that matches the pullback on the Tuono. I'll have to try contacting ProTaper directly and see if they'll sell me some bars. Thanks for the idea, though.

duc slayer
08-24-2005, 03:21 PM
WELL PARDON ME FOR NEVER SEEING A TUOUNO IN PERSON, i GUESS SOMEONE SHOULD TELL THE AF1 FELLAS THEY SHOULD CHANGE THIS IN THE SHOP ONLILNE SECTION. IT SEEMS AS THOUGH BILL MUST HAVE SOME PROTOTYPES BARS :spankie:

dbl_aitch
08-24-2005, 07:02 PM
WELL PARDON ME FOR NEVER SEEING A TUOUNO IN PERSON

It's not about a clutch lever, handlebars, or whether you can source them from somewhere other than a dealer. Or your poor knowledge of Aprilia models. My comments are directed at Aprilia's dismal failure to provide support for its dealers, and to an even greater extent, its customers.

e-man
08-24-2005, 11:13 PM
This type of thread degredation is why most company reps stay away from enthusiast sites. I commend him for coming here despite it. I am a %100 satisfied Falco owner. I am also looking forward to what's to come from Aprilia.

dbl_aitch
08-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Gosh, I'm sooo sorry... I better go right now and put on my Arprilia cheerleading outfit.

Or they won't send me my calendar.

Dug206
08-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Gosh, I'm sooo sorry... I better go right now and put on my Arprilia cheerleading outfit.

Or they won't send me my calendar.

Nah, that won't work. I'm an Aprilia cheerleader and race one. I still don't have mine. :crybaby:

As far as thread degration. This certainly has. Gee, do you think anyone from Aprilia would ever ask anything here again?? It's just like :shooter: and that's a shame.

badmotorscooter
08-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Nah, that won't work. I'm an Aprilia cheerleader and race one. I still don't have mine. :crybaby:

As far as thread degration. This certainly has. Gee, do you think anyone from Aprilia would ever ask anything here again?? It's just like :shooter: and that's a shame.

Absolutely. This is called voice of the customer. Every business should want to hear from its customer base no matter how painful it is. There are some common threads here that Aprilia desperately needs to address, no matter how emotional they come across. The worst kind of customer a business could have is the kind that stays quietly dissatisfied and goes away silently to seek another brand.

Hampton has done the right thing, and I applaud him. I also believe he has the maturity to handle this task and extract the facts.

clarkie49
08-25-2005, 10:41 AM

This is the exact reason why OEM's are never 'officially' on Forums ;)

2whlgeezer
08-25-2005, 10:46 AM
This is the exact reason why OEM's are never 'officially' on Forums ;)
'cause they are afraid of what customers might say??????

clarkie49
08-25-2005, 11:01 AM
'cause they are afraid of what customers might say??????

that, they give disgruntled customers a name (and a target) at the head office to point to and most importantly once you open pandora's box you cant close it ;)

Most of the comments have been about bad things in the past and present (all of which are very valid), Marketing is about looking into the future, the two dont mix very well unfortuneatly.

you dont ask the marketing guy to fix your parts problems and you dont ask the parts guy why there are no TV ads. Think of it this way, would you ask the Marketing guy at IBM why you cant get parts for your computer from your local shop? well maybe you would but you would be asking the wrong guy.

This is just my 2c :)

dbl_aitch
08-25-2005, 11:10 AM
Most of the comments have been about bad things in the past and present (all of which are very valid), Marketing is about looking into the future, the two dont mix very well unfortuneatly.

One aspect of Marketing is customer satisifaction. I love my Tuono. I tell everyone that asks that it's "essence of motorcycle" and about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. But the parts situation sucks and I mention that as well. I'll probably try to stockpile parts so I'll have them if Aprilia can't/won't supply them. Not everyone will feel the same and if Marketing is in fact concerned about future sales, they'll find the right ear to bend to address problems.

Hopefully...

clarkie49
08-25-2005, 11:38 AM
you are getting a cool calender what else do you want :D

seriously though, i dont disagree with you at all, i have just worked in and out of the office and like most corporate companies communication between departments isnt what it should be. AUSA is seriously understaffed ( a result of people leaving and a hiring freeze while the 'sale' was going on last year) and everyone is working 10-12 hours a day trying to catch up on their own workload let alone do someone else's as well.

what do we do as a dealer? we stockpile parts for 'our' customers ;)

2whlgeezer
08-25-2005, 12:30 PM
you are getting a cool calender what else do you want :D
I'd rather have the parts than the calendar........ :) ... and another disk rotor that isn't warped......

...and yes, I would bend the marketing guys ear as well. In my job, I am "responsible" for only the operations side. Period. Don't even know what price the customer is charged. However, when a customer has a beef over price or service, I go out of my way to help them. Why? Because without current customers hanging in with us, Neither I nor the marketing guys will even have a job. I don't think Aprilia USA is even keeping current customers at this point. New bikes and models won't fix my Falco.

dbl_aitch
08-25-2005, 12:59 PM
what do we do as a dealer? we stockpile parts for 'our' customers

So, what does it take to be one of "your" customers?

clarkie49
08-25-2005, 01:45 PM
buy a bike from us ;) our customers get a discount on the shop labor rate, discounted parts and real answers you can believe :)

Bill in OKC
08-25-2005, 03:32 PM
you dont ask the marketing guy to fix your parts problems and you dont ask the parts guy why there are no TV ads. Think of it this way, would you ask the Marketing guy at IBM why you cant get parts for your computer from your local shop? well maybe you would but you would be asking the wrong guy.

:plus: :plus:

duc slayer
08-25-2005, 03:55 PM
What Clarkie said

:plus: :plus: :plus:

This is absolutely true, I've only been in their shop twice and they treat me as though we've been friends for 20 years. I live about 250 mi from them and they still send flier's about up coming events and sale's. It's the little things that count. :worship:

OBRSV1000
08-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Funny thing.
I went to replace the plugs (which where provided from our good friends AF1) :cathat: and air filter (by local Aprilia dealership) :cigar: . Long story short. The air filter is the wrong model, 1/4 to high. The plugs where dead on. The funny thing is that when I lifted the tank I see an exposed spark plug. For at least the last 8,800 miles I've been riding on 3 cylinders. This is not to mention that the plugs where improperly gapped or not done at all.
If I would have checked them myself at 4,500 miles I'd have figured this out, but I bypassed that cleaning. Stupidity on my part in retrospect.
It's like a brand new bike! :peace: Wanna Race?!?!?
I've decided that private America has a standard and it's low. I need to go back into the Army. Airborne!

thackl
08-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Funny thing.
For at least the last 8,800 miles I've been riding on 3 cylinders
:worship: How'd you pull that one off?

OBRSV1000
08-26-2005, 12:29 AM
I'm just lucky I guess. Goodtimes.

So to speak!!!

badmotorscooter
08-26-2005, 08:00 AM
I'd rather have the parts than the calendar........ :) ... and another disk rotor that isn't warped......

...and yes, I would bend the marketing guys ear as well. In my job, I am "responsible" for only the operations side. Period. Don't even know what price the customer is charged. However, when a customer has a beef over price or service, I go out of my way to help them. Why? Because without current customers hanging in with us, Neither I nor the marketing guys will even have a job. I don't think Aprilia USA is even keeping current customers at this point. New bikes and models won't fix my Falco.

Well said... I'm the production manager for an aerospace plant here in Dayton, Ohio. We are highly successful because there is no such thing as "not my job". If someone has a problem, we'll fix it no matter who the problem gets communicated to. When a customer has an AOG (Aircraft On Ground), we pull out all the stops and get parts out whether it's a Piper or a Jumbo. The customer is #1, regardless of whether they are understanding and compassionate or the biggest bitches on earth.

duc slayer
08-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Yes, But Are You Understaffed

MikeSchinkel
08-26-2005, 11:42 PM

And where did you say you got your marketing degree? They used 50's era text books, did they? ;)

clarkie49
08-27-2005, 07:07 AM
And where did you say you got your marketing degree?

Clown School, you? :cathat:

irdave
08-27-2005, 09:44 AM
I, too, have waited months during the summer to get parts for my Mille. Flippin' air intake tubes. It sucks.

And I feel for you guys that don't meet enthusiastic representitives from the company. My first such experience was with a guy named Marc (still with the company) and another guy named Aaron Clark, with Clarkie backing a Mille in at Second Creek Raceway- the sound was unreal.

CrazyCol
08-27-2005, 05:33 PM
I agree Aprilia support is crap. Trying to get parts is crazy. Then the main dealer here in LA Pro Italia (they really sucked) is no longer a dealer and no longer carries parts.

I love my Mille but it would be really nice for Aprilia to come to the party with better parts and support.

MikeSchinkel
08-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Clown School, you? :cathat:

Kindergarten. :cool:

MikeSchinkel
08-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Can anybody explain *why* getting parts is so hard? Is it because of the prior financial situation? Dealers don't want to stock? Other?

Maybe if we can understand why the problem exists when it doesn't exist for jap brands, then maybe a potential solution would arise?

Bill in OKC
08-28-2005, 06:24 PM
It is probably a combination of the two. One time I ordered some parts from a semi-local dealer and then had an opportunity to visit a dealer in another state (Blackman's). The other dealer had the parts in stock so I bought them. The parts I ordered didn't arrive until 6 or 7 weeks later. Small dealers don't want to have a lot of money tied up in parts that may or may not ever be needed. The formula to success seems pretty clear to me -> kick ass in AMA and they will come.

MDRSV
08-28-2005, 08:56 PM
working 10-12 hours a day trying to catch up on their own workload

Well what are they actually doing? Visiting dealers, getting parts out??, what are they up to for 10-12 hours per day.....I have no sense of how it all works....all I know is we are not gettings parts and dealers are dropping the brand....

Ezduzit99
08-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Been waiting 11 months on a carbon air intake for a Tuono Racing :bangwall: , and over 20 months for the carbon seat for the same bike :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: . Bike is phenomenal, customer support is lacking at best. Pity too.

OBRSV1000
08-30-2005, 04:34 PM
-> kick ass in AMA and they will come.

This'll probably be the best solution. Bring these bikes to the limelight.

Bottom line we love Aprilias but we're more like the 1% club. If we (Aprilia)don't have civilian riders then we won't be able to have the parts at our finger tips. Its basic supply and demand. As far as I know, (observation) I'm one of three riders of the Mille in the city of Dallas. This among a sea of "rice burners". It sucks but the dealerships are usually a multi-dealership. Mine is Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia. They're doing fine with the first 2 and the later seems to be a novelty.

I believe Aprilia has to make the decision to market their bikes to the U.S. motorcyclist. Until this is done, as well as overwhelming wins at AMA; we're just going to have to be prepared for the wait. It's become a joke between my freinds and I.

Let's just pray Aprilia doesn't end up like the U.S. Puegot auto-company.

Infallible
09-08-2005, 01:36 PM
just wondering if anyone recieved their calenders yet?

thrillaprilla
09-08-2005, 04:36 PM
I keep trying to take the survey but... the link works about as good as my rear brakes. Maybe they are waiting on a part or something.
Speaking of parts, with the limited market penetration in the US, it should be relatively inexpensive to stock parts for this bike. Alot of people that see my bikes would love to buy one, but, if they have ever heard of Aprilia the only thing they remember is you can't get parts for them. Face it, if it weren't for AF1, we'd all be screwed. If Aprilia wants to make an impact in the states, it should make a "ship within 48hour" promise, and give a tracking number. Invest in a parts distribution network that would put GM to shame before some Chinese knock-off company does it first.
If this were any other bike, there would be a recall on issues like the rear brake and clutch. There, I said it. Can you imagine a Harley without a rear brake? A Goldwing? I must say we are a very loyal group of owners to put up with that kind of shit.

OK now, deep breaths, deep breaths.

duc slayer
09-08-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm sure it will be awhile before anyone gets a calender, I beleive they stated they were just getting ready to start compiling art work when this thread was first started

dbl_aitch
09-08-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm sure it will be awhile before anyone gets a calender
No doubt. Probably early 2007.

For a 2006 calendar.

Dug206
09-08-2005, 07:42 PM
just wondering if anyone recieved their calenders yet?

I haven't.

Marketing Dept.
09-14-2005, 01:44 PM
The calendars will be printed in November.

Since I can't send out an Owner's Calender without including pictures of the Owner's and their bikes, I'll be sending out a link to upload your best photo - probablly by the end of the week. If you filled out the survey - you'll get an e-mail.

Hampton

y2kmille
09-14-2005, 11:58 PM
I love my 2000 rsv mille. I have only had one problem that was not caused by me and that was the water pump oil seal. I have not had any problems getting parts for my bike even thought I bought it second hand. My dealer treats me good. I hope Aprilia makes a mid sized bike soon and deffinatly get back in to racing ama.

teachers
09-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Did anyone else get the email w/ the upload link?

I got mine today. Thanks Aprilia. Even if my bike doesn't appear in the calendar I definately want the calendar.

-Duane

Ed / AF1 Racing
09-19-2005, 09:16 PM
They need your pics......

From them:

We just sent several thousand e-mails, directed to the respondents of
the Owner's Survey. We're collecting and reviewing photos for inclusion
into the 2006 owner's calendar. If you have a nice pic of you and your
Aprilia or a cool destination and your Aprilia, bring it on.

Here's the upload site:

vsgofast
09-19-2005, 09:27 PM
I agree with pretty much everyone here. Parts is a big problem. I've gone to the dealer a couple times and they always seem irritated/frustrated trying to find a part for me. The part system that Aprilia uses doesn't seem to be user friendly. They have trouble locating correct part numbers. They don't seem to stock parts for the Aprilia. They always say" we'll order but it will probably arrive in X number of months, if you had Kawahonyamzuki it would be here in two days...". And let's not talk about servicing. It seems that everybody has ten mechanics but only one knows how to work on Aprilia and he's got X number of bikes backed up...waiting for parts.

Then there are other dealers who aren't afraid to order parts...just as long as it's the whole bike! I want to stay with Aprilia...help me, help you!!!

Without this ApriliaForum many of us probably would have left the brand a long time ago. :pissed:

vsgofast
09-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Don't worry the picture that I'm going send, I'm smiling next to my Aprilia! :)

thrillaprilla
09-21-2005, 08:34 PM
I NEED YOUR PICS!

We just sent several thousand e-mails, directed to the respondents of the Owner's Survey. We're collecting and reviewing photos for inclusion into the 2006 owner's calendar. If you have a nice pic of you and your Aprilia or a cool destination and your Aprilia, bring it on.

Here's the upload site:

Hampton

I've got some cool pics of my bikes, and I think it's great that you respond to questions about the calendar, but I never got through to the survey, and I would really like to see you respond to the real issue of parts and service. Maybe we should all send you pictures of our non functional rear brakes and soft clutch levers. Now that's a calendar that we can relate to!
Whenever I call my dealer, I get the feeling that he's avoiding me because he knows what I'm looking for, and knows it aint coming.

matt2301
09-25-2005, 11:42 PM
Damn, I think you guys are right when it comes to the US market. In London I've never had any really problem with getting parts. There are a few dealers scattered over the UK that I know of that pretty much stock entire RS250s, RS125s and RS50s worth of parts, ready to mail order next day delivery.

The thing is, that is more dealer initiative than factory policy. I have had on occasion had a few days waiting for a part, but the most has been about 4 working days. I don't know whether these parts have been shipped from Noale or from a distribution base in Holland.

Come on Aprilia US. There's a whole larger market waiting for you there if you just get the parts thing together. You're infamous for it pretty much everywhere. And as us Euroheads know, the bigger you get, even in the far-flung US, the better it will be for everyone!

hots machine
09-27-2005, 02:43 PM
i've been waiting for over 3months for a set of rings for my falco. I ride my ducati because the aprilia does'nt run.

clarkie49
09-27-2005, 04:52 PM
i've been waiting for over 3months for a set of rings for my falco. I ride my ducati because the aprilia does'nt run.

why do you need a set of rings?

1-G'_rider
09-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Damn come on guys this is not what this thread was for . They come on here to help promote Aprilia by using Aprilia owner pictures and then they get flamed. I understand the complaints for I still have some of them as well but this is not the thread for that . They are letting us have a chance to be in there calander to help promote the bikes we ride and for me realy enjoy. I didnt go out and pay msrp just to have one nor just to have something to bitch about. They came on looking for pictures of our rides, favortie places, and ugly mugs smiling like crazy by our bikes. I will be sending in a bunch as to help them help us by promoting Aprilia. They didnt have to ask they could of made it some borring ass calander like so many others have or put in scenery pictures from Italy with possible a few set up shoots to boot. So this is what they ask for and this is what they should get......
my first Aprilia..
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/1-G/DSCF0016.jpg
The Factory at the 129 Dragon overlook..
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/1-G/Copyofdealsgap6-6-05.jpg
The Factory in Arkansas
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/1-G/Picture143.jpg
random shoots
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/1-G/Picture101.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/1-G/Picture114.jpg
some board members and me All Aprilias at a waterfall.... hope they dont mind
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/1-G/3aprilias7.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/1-G/P6140009.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/1-G/Picture076.jpg

Those bikes that are in the pictures if ya dont want them listed for the calander then let me know other thanks :cigar:

hank
09-28-2005, 07:07 AM
Great piccies.

The shot of the 3 generations of Mille is awesome - sure to make the calendar!

Have you all swapped bikes to see if you can identify any characteristics inherent in the different generations?

duc slayer
09-28-2005, 12:05 PM
the one with the little waterfall deal is sweeet... nice pics

1-G'_rider
09-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Great piccies.

The shot of the 3 generations of Mille is awesome - sure to make the calendar!

Have you all swapped bikes to see if you can identify any characteristics inherent in the different generations?
No Hank there was no wife swapping I mean bike swapping hell its about the same thing to me :cathat: