PDA

View Full Version : Who's in Colorado?

colo_heff
07-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Just wondering who's in Colorado and if they want to get together for a ride sometime? or who's passing through and want to know about some decent roads to ride?

Bill

P.S. I live in Franktown (9 miles south of Parker, 8 miles east of Castle Rock) but always willing to meet somewhere in the foothills to ride...

jayrz
07-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Bill,
I'm in Denver, north east Denver actually. Have an 02 Mille that is for sale with lots of mods and my new 04 Mille. Where do you live?

RZ

colo_heff
07-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Wow... Only Jay and me in the whole state who own Aprilias? mindboggling...

irix
07-27-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm in Littleton. There are a few other members in Colorado that post here as well.

Edit: BTW, I ride a black 2003 Mille R

COS Mille
07-29-2005, 05:53 PM
OK you made me feel guilty for not responding :rolleyes: . I'm down on the north end of the springs. Have a 01 Mille, do track days down at PMI and rides when I can. I ran into two other riders while participating in Racing 2 save lives at PPIR, there are quite a few of us here in CO. Might be good to meet up sometime.

Fustern
07-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Hey guys..I'm a 00 Mille owner and live in Colorado Springs. Would love to get together for a ride sometime.

Gaijin
07-30-2005, 05:05 AM
I'm in South Denver and have a red 01 Mille...I got a pretty sweet trade in on my 94 CBR600 :-) Saw it and had to have it when my friend was at Fay Myers picking up his Ducati Monster :-) Honestly I probably wasn't ready to step up to the liter bike since the CBR was my first...but I'm taking it slow since I don't want to end up a splat on someones windshield, heh. So I'm probably not up to your guys' skill level when it comes to canyon carving or the like but I'd probably be up for a get together or something...

Oh yeah, I'm also in the Chair Force ;-)

jayrz
07-31-2005, 10:29 AM
Check your pm in the fall guys, got a list going. Going to be busy as hell for the next three weeks with this ORI but I'll have lots of time afterwards to recouperate and go on some rides if anyone wants to join me.
Canyon rides are fun but I save all the knee dragging for the track so it'll be a nice gentle/spirited pace I like most, so no one should be intimidated about coming.

BTW, if any of you Denver riders know of a friend looking for an immaculately maintained 02 Mille RSV, I have baught an 04 so my 02 is for sale. Pretty built too with pistons, pc3, airbox, forks revalved etc. I'll make someone a smoking deal on this bike! 720 937-1373, or PM me...

Jay "RZ"
CYS Tower,

colo_heff
08-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the responses.... It's nice to know about other Aprilia riders.

It would be great to get together for a ride sometime soon, Jayz, thanks for starting a list. Not being a knee-dragger myself I sure don't mind watching how to do it from behind. Just finding people to ride with (especially Aprilias) is great.

As far as timing goes short rides on most weekends are free or the end of August - September looks to be good. One group I'm associated with, Colorado Front Range Sportbike Riders, is having a three-day ride in mid-Sept which goes through Durango. If there is any interest I'll post the dates...

RSVAL
08-01-2005, 03:51 PM
I haven't been on the forum in a few weeks and just noticed this thread. I've got an 01 Mille and located in NW Denver. The wife and I recently had a baby so I havent' been on the bike much in the last year, I would love an excuse to get out for a ride and meet some other Aprilia owners.

colo_heff
08-10-2005, 01:43 PM
I want to keep this thread alive in hopes someone will want to go riding soon...