PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area Aprilia Riders Dinner, any interest?

Stacey
07-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Any interest in meeting once a month or so for dinner in the SF Bay Area? I would be willing to find a meeting place, suggesting 1st Tuesday of the month, no host dinner. No rules, no one in charge.
Cheers,
Stacey

Norcal Factory
07-13-2005, 02:32 PM
I am interested. How about in Los Gatos?

Stacey
07-13-2005, 02:44 PM
would be willing to split the difference and meet in Milpitas/Fremont? I am in the San Ramon area. And at least you would get a little ride:)
Stacey

Norcal Factory
07-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Milpitas? Such character there! For Beautiful Italian Motorcycles? It would be nice to go somwhere with character. maybe w can alternate locations.

How about Santana Row in SJ? (then again, LG is just about as the same distance)

Stacey
07-15-2005, 06:15 PM
I have been to the ducati night down there, parking was a PIA. I am all for character, but after a long day at work shoe horning myself in to the posseur crowd isn't that fun.
Los Gatos is a heck of a lot further in traffic.
How about Pleasanton down town somewhere, plenty of characters there:)

SFrider
07-15-2005, 06:23 PM
I'd be up for that... I live in SF and work in Lafayette, but its its not so close, I guess i would have to rinde somewhere.. Darn... :rolleyes:

Cheers

got_Mille?
07-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Maybe if you had more riders involved, it would come together. My club has several Aprilia owners, all Mille's, but a few of us. We just started a SF chapter too. Go to www.santacruzvampires.com, check out the forum, they list all the rides and events. There are always people willing to ride to meet up with other Aprilia riders, or meet up on Skyline for some of the best riding and twisties anywhere. On the forum, just post like you did here, Im sure you will have several responses. You can look me up too on there, im "u_cant_prove_it".
Happy Riding

Ricky J
07-25-2005, 12:02 AM
Don't burn the midnight oil trying to find a place (or date!) that everybody will agree to, just pick somewhere not TOO far out in left field and GO.

Speaking of riding to eat, I'm thinking about organizing an autumn Aprilia ride out to the Parkfield Cafe. As their sign says, "Eat here when it happens!"

Stacey
07-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Sounds about right Ricky J, will work out the details and shoot for something in September.
By the way, awesome pictures from Laguna. Unfortunately, this year I was not able to get press access (some about not actually BEING press:))
So missed the really primo places to watch, but still tons of fun.
Thanks for the advice and would be up for the Parkfield meet.
Stacey

lambadaking
07-28-2005, 12:02 PM
I dont know any aprilia riders, so count me in if its not too far...

:peace:

Norcal Factory
07-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Parkfiled is quite aways from the Bay area. Too far for a 1 day trip. How about a loop starting from the South Bay Area to Carmel Valley (picking up Monterey riders), then up Carmel Valley Road to Greenfield for lunch, taking Hwy 25 to Hwy 198 to Coalinga , going back back via Los Gatos Creek road to Hwy 25 (where Monterey riders can leave), on to Cienaga road (by Hollister Hills) to San Juan Batista then back to the 101 returning to the Bay Area. I have done that loop a lot and it is a full day.

There are places for people to leave and return from, if they want to shorten the loop.

There are also places to have people from the Monterey area to join up and peel off as well.

How does that sound?

agoodhi
07-28-2005, 07:22 PM
name the place, date, time for dinner and i'll try to make it there.

each month, pick a different dinner spot throughout the bay area, so that everyone will be happy.

:cheers:
ryan

day004
08-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Count me in. I'm up in Vallejo. So Its all just a good excuse to ride for me.

Stacey
08-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Okey Dokey,
Here's the deal, the first dinner will be at
Fuzio
4930 Dublin Blvd.
Dublin CA
925-833-7124
Tuesday September 20th
7PM
Average prices, different types of food, pasta is good.
Is a Mall type location, but we should be able to park bikes close, and is right off of the freeway (580, just east of 680)

No host
No rules
All bikes welcome, bring a friend
Next meeting place TBD by attendees at this one
If we can get a head count shortly before the date, then I can let the manager know to set up. They say Tuesdays are pretty slow so should be fine.

TheDuke
08-02-2005, 10:59 PM
There is always Pinky's Pizza (http://www.pinkyspizza.com/) in Walnut Creek. VERY bike friendly place.