PDA

View Full Version : SR50 Stolen: AGAIN!!!

phidauex
09-10-2002, 10:00 PM
Ok, check out my thread down here:
pub165.ezboard.com/fapril...ID=5.topic (http://pub165.ezboard.com/fapriliaforumfrm28.showMessage?topicID=5.topic)

That happened in April, and I just now saved up the money to fix it. Took it into the shop last week, and guess what happened?

Thats right, the shop got broken into, and a bunch of bikes disappeared, including my poor scooter. St. Louis is determined to not let me have my f u c k i n g scooter!!! Anyway, the pertinent details from the above thread are the same.

This was clearly a professional job, not just a joyriding kid like last time, so I suppose there is a slightly higher possibility of it ending up in the used market or parts market.

Peace,
Sam Ley
ley@cowboysofjustice.com

steveo
10-11-2002, 07:45 AM
The good news is this: The shop is responsible for carrying insurance to protect themselves and you from this type of thing. You *may* be able to get your money back from them, as in full retail value for the bike. I know this because in the early 90's, I owned my own car stereo store. We were required to carry this insurance, because *if* someone broke into our shop and stole your car that we were doing the work, your car insurance more than likely wouldn't cover it...therefor, you would sue me, which would in turn go against my insurance (read: lawsuit protection).

Good luck, and don't get too frustrated. Everyone out there isn't too lasy to work for and buy their own stuff...

-Steve..

phidauex
11-06-2002, 05:51 PM
So the ending to this story is pretty happy..

They never recovered the bikes, but the dealership offered me 2300$ in reimbursement, which is fabulous, considering that the bike that was stolen was a 2000 SR with 1400$ worth of damage done to it. They have a nice 2002 Ditech with only 150 miles on it and a few mods done to it (Gianelli pipe, malossi multivar, etc) that they are offering me a good price on, so I'll go take a look at that today, and buy it if I like it, spending less money than I would have spent repairing the 2000 SR. So... Alls well that ends well, i suppose. Though I need to find a more secure place to keep the scooter.

Peace,
sam

micah apriliaforum com
11-06-2002, 06:25 PM
Cool news, I hope you enjoy the Ditech as much as the carb scooter. Big Bores are looking more feasabile all the time.

spanairRS125
12-12-2002, 06:59 PM
That's great you got mney back.........let's hope it doesent hapen again for the 3rd time :D ........