PDA

View Full Version : Track day 06/30 at Pocono - Who is coming?

FalcoLion
06-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Is anyone going to Pocono on 06/30? I will be there on the silver Triumph Daytona.

Dug206
06-28-2005, 07:09 AM
If your going on the East course, be cautious of the last left hander going by pit in. We had a couple of high-sides there early in the day. Guys getting on the gas too hard-too early with a dirty track. The track has also gotten more bumby if you can believe that. Have fun and ride safe!!

duganc
06-28-2005, 09:01 AM
The track has also gotten more bumby if you can believe that.

What? The East course has always been smooth as glass. Well ... except for the on/off NASCAR transitions, and the hole in the right kink before the bus-stop, and the ripples/bumps in the left after the bus-stop.

OK, it might as well be a gravel road. But it's still fun. :)

tommymac
06-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Thank god I will have someone to play with :cool: I signed upa while ago and a bunch of my buddies couldnt go for varying reasons and figured I would be going solo. I will be there with my red TLS.

Tom

tommymac
06-28-2005, 10:25 AM
If your going on the East course, be cautious of the last left hander going by pit in. We had a couple of high-sides there early in the day. Guys getting on the gas too hard-too early with a dirty track. The track has also gotten more bumby if you can believe that. Have fun and ride safe!!

What messes me up there is I sometimes look at the first cone which was for pit in and not the one to come out of the turn, messed me up early on a few times but I am aware of it so I delibritley look for the right one now LOL

Tom

john flores
06-28-2005, 07:54 PM
...but it's close by, and the imperfections just add to the challenge - in choosing lines, bike setup, passing, etc.. I think that it would be less interesting if it were freshly paved.

What messes me up there is I sometimes look at the first cone which was for pit in and not the one to come out of the turn, messed me up early on a few times but I am aware of it so I delibritley look for the right one now LOL

Tom

You should never use a movable object as a track reference point - someone may move it!

What club is running this weekend? Does anyone know any dates in late July within 8 hrs of NJ?

zango10
07-02-2005, 06:28 AM
John,

Are you the same John Flores who used to (perhaps still does) photography up at Loudon? If so, you are a great photographer and I still have pics in my house from 10 years ago! If not, you're number one anyway.

Mark

Dug206
07-02-2005, 06:37 AM
How did your guy's day go?

tommymac
07-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Not too bad, my first session I was allover the place, but got into a good groove on my next session, then of course we get red flagged, then have to take an early lunch so it was an eternity before I got back out. The heat/fatigue was also a factor but all in all it was ok and i know I need to work on my body position in the turns so I also learned a few things. Now its time to get ready for summit in a few weeks.

Tom

hank
07-02-2005, 09:26 AM
If your going on the East course, be cautious of the last left hander going by pit in. We had a couple of high-sides there early in the day. Guys getting on the gas too hard-too early with a dirty track.

That turn is a slight decreasing radius and the outside edge is a bit off-camber as you pass the turn-out. The exit is one of the best places to pass.

Not a bad track for being so close to NYC - but usually draws out a lot of squids and novice trackday riders in the intermediate group - irrespective of the club.

Also, they call in the chopper a lot because the nearest hospital is really far away. I was at a TPM event earlier this year & there were 2 'visits' before the lunch break!

FalcoLion
07-02-2005, 03:38 PM
This was my first outing on the track this year. The biggest plus was that I was on my own bike - 2004 Daytona 600. I had a ball. I got there a little bit late and missed 2 rounds of morning session. Some guy in the red group kind of zoned out and went way to fast for the turn. He actually never made the turn, completely lost control and wiped out another inocent rider. He was taken away by helicopter because he was pretty bangged up. The other rider was more or less Ok but the bike was done. After early lunch break we had one more minor accident. All in all the day was good and I was tired by the end of the day but extremely satisfied. Last year I was renting Buells and I think I went a lot faster (at least it felt like it) than last year. I can't wait for Pocono on 07/14 with NY Sportbike Club and Summit Point on 07/17 with TPM. I am looking forward to an awesome summer :plus:

T-Bohn
07-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Yesterday was good. We had rain blow in twice, but blow out and dry up, so if you left it got sunny again :)

It was only my third time there. I was on a cup bike blue z leathers in the red group. I kinda got some things figured out and felt like I was going ok. I am starting to like it there. The bike seems to like it as well. The bumps don't bother me TOO much but it can be a bit nervous at moments.

Me and the bike got home in one piece. A good day :cool:

duganc
07-03-2005, 08:26 AM
I can't wait for Pocono on 07/14 with NY Sportbike Club and Summit Point on 07/17 with TPM. I am looking forward to an awesome summer :plus:

Summit is awesome :banana: :banana: :banana: