PDA

View Full Version : brake pads in OZ

Phantom
06-06-2005, 06:22 AM
For those in Australia what brake pads do you use? And where do you get them from. I was quoted by a shop here $195 per set as they use Brembo which I find little hard to swallow.

FORZA
06-06-2005, 06:09 PM
A whole range of aftermarket pads are available, you need to decide what you want from them.
Unless you are doing track days or very serious road riding dont bother getting talked into race pads, they wear out fast and make a shitload of dust that sticks to everything.
The original brembo pads are quite good but not that much better to justify the extra cost.

Dave.

Scary
06-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Phantom...I use the Goodridge Kevlars in all our bikes & have run them for quite a few years now in other brands of m/cycles too, I have no tie to the company.
The reasons I like these are...half the price, progressive feel & response to lever pressure(more u press the more grip u get)(no sudden bite at the start), they wear the discs less, last for ages, easy to ride with in the rain(no grabbiness)(new word :) ).....38000kms. I still have the standard discs & no I don't ride like a girl. ;) :) Good street pads IMO.

Draw backs = can't use these pads on track days as they will put to much heat into the discs under those extremes & you'll end up with glowing discs. I've noticed this when we are getting very, very naughty on the street with mine(full on racing). So consider your riding style carefully in picking a pad. :)

www.johnstamnas.com

Good to deal with & will yellow bag stuff over night in Aussie. Just my input. Or u can bye them a local M/cycle shops too. ;)

Exdukenut
06-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Bendex make some nice aftermarket pads for just on half the price of the originals. Motorcycle Acessory Wharehouse www.maw.com.au, have good prices on them.

:cool:

Scary
06-06-2005, 06:31 PM
G'day Ex.....how's things mate, I've been wondering about those Bendex pads since they came on the market. What sort of feel etc. have u noticed with them on street use. I'm interested myself to know if they are worth a go/better. :)

Phantom
06-06-2005, 08:19 PM
thanks for the responses..

Pro Backmarker
06-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Give "Awesome discs" in Knox a call. Highly recommend them, but you gotta go and visit the guy, and allow a couple of hours to have a look at his collection of bikes while your there.... he hates a chat! :D

Phantom
06-07-2005, 07:39 AM
Can't find Awesome discs listed anywhere .... where are they in knox ( I am in rowville).
I was thinking about importing the Ferodo sintergrip XR...looks like they would be about 130-140 for 2 sets which would be nice..

Pro Backmarker
06-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Small world- I'm in Rowville as well.

My bad- sorta. Awesome discs are in Ringwood, Ph (03)9879 7755 but I actually ment Planet Discs, sorry.... Factory 4 6 Woodbine Crt Wantirna South VIC 3152 (03) 9801 7067. He's just in the factories 1 block from Knox shopping centre.

Cheers

Phantom
06-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the help

Phantom
06-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Pro backmarker
Do you know if Planet Discs still trading ? Their phone goes to answering machine and no returned message, and I went there today doors are bared and locked...
Also yellow pages does not have a listing for awesomediscs?

Pro Backmarker
06-09-2005, 06:27 AM
Hmmm, can't be sure. I haven't been there for ages- The business is run by an older guy either by himself, or sometimes with an offsider. And yeah, I remember leaving messages and no relpy too. They're listes in the yellow pages for sure. I see him around the races.

Awesome discs advertises in AMCN a bit, dunno about yellow pages. The guy who owns the place, Rodney Camm, was a local 250GP guru, but had a bad road crash last year. They're located at Factory 13, 13 Molan street Ringwood, 3134. Phone as above.

Hope this helps mate.

Phantom
06-09-2005, 06:54 AM
Thanks I'll try them both again tomorrow.

Phantom
06-10-2005, 04:43 AM
Planet Discs is still running Max was of sick. He is getting the ferredo pads in for me Monday.

thanks for help

Pro Backmarker
06-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Cool. What sort of $$ did they come in at?

Phantom
06-11-2005, 09:29 AM
The dealer apparently said $68 I think ....So I 'll see on Tues.
I know they could be imported from AF1 from probably about 63-70. Which is not too bad certainly better than the price I was qouted on Brembo pads.