PDA

View Full Version : ECU settings AND RPM's on 05 Factory

tomlondon1978
05-24-2005, 03:02 AM
I think we need to get this a bit sorted as people seem to all be getting different RPMs with and without restriction, I think DPs input on this would be the best. List what you have done to your 05 Factory and what rpms your getting, it may have something to do with country??

No de-restriction done at all not even the ECU:
9500-10000rpm

Basically I'm thinking of cancelling my de-restriction at the garage as its going to cost 70 and just remving the ring as mine seems to rev pretty hight compared to other people.

paradigm
05-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Is it possible that aprilia sent out different versions of the ECU to different countries? I cant think of any other explanations.

Anyhow...

05 Ditech, Variator ring removed, stock ECU. Top speed 60kmph (flat ground)
RPM:MAX 6500K

Oz Scooterboy
05-24-2005, 08:29 AM
05 factory, variator plate removed (sorry i havent had a chance to take a pic of the plate yet) version 2.8 software 8300rpm max. topspeed 74km/h (was 72km/h last week)

Dragster pilota
05-24-2005, 11:48 AM
paradigm in da house:
Is it possible that aprilia sent out different versions of the ECU to different countries

According to the parts cataluge for the 05 SR50 R Factory there are two motor alternatives, Piaggio Pure Jet and Morini DiTech, for the Piaggio Pure Jet version there's only one ECU but for the Morini DiTech version there are 3 different ECU's, one for Canada & California (all of US gets this version), one for Switzerland and EU and one for Austrailia, EU & Italy and this last version is a 45kph only while all the others are listed as "Full Power" so the OZ version seems to be totally different it's even witouth the pressure sensor all the others have. I don't know 100% what the differences are in these ECU's since the scoots we get here in Sweden and most all EU countries are all Piaggio Pure Jet motorized. The easiest way to tell if you have a Piaggio Pure Jet or a Morini DiTech is checking the vario restriction, the Piaggio has a distance ring between the two pulleys in the front vario, the Morini DiTech has a large ring bolted with 3 screws to the back of the variator.....

There was also a problem with the software in the earliest versions of the Piaggio Pure Jet versions and if not updated to the latest version of 2.8.0 these scoots would not run right.....

I just today delivered a black SR50 R Factory to a customer, I always do a 6km to 10km drive before I deliver all bikes and scoots and this one reved 9.500rpm, un-touched, fully restricted and it hit some 53kph during the run, have yet to drive one of these fully de-restricted after some 500-1000km to see what they can do.....

DP says: Different strokes for different folks......

paradigm
05-24-2005, 12:13 PM
So i'm guessing i have the piaggio engine as this is what i pulled out of the vario http://70.26.154.64/ring.jpg

I just spoke to somone one at AF1 and they really didnt know what kits are compatable with the 05's yet,

Dragster: do you have any links to kits that would work with my scoot? I'm still waiting for the ECU to be remapped on mine, but will probably get a kit for it anyways. I just don't want to buy the wrong one.

Feedback
05-24-2005, 04:24 PM
I removed the restrictors in variator and ECU in my friends SR50R Factory. It reached ~85kph easy. But the old morini ditech are still my favorit. Much much more power.

Approximently it cruises arround 9500rpm but i seen some over rev in my cartridge before i remove all shit. :rolleyes:

To drive, the factory is a killer. By accelerate or use topspeed - Go old DiDi! :)

MIKE0101
05-24-2005, 05:48 PM
paradigm in da house:
Is it possible that aprilia sent out different versions of the ECU to different countries

According to the parts cataluge for the 05 SR50 R Factory there are two motor alternatives, Piaggio Pure Jet and Morini DiTech, for the Piaggio Pure Jet version there's only one ECU but for the Morini DiTech version there are 3 different ECU's, one for Canada & California (all of US gets this version), one for Switzerland and EU and one for Austrailia, EU & Italy and this last version is a 45kph only while all the others are listed as "Full Power" so the OZ version seems to be totally different it's even witouth the pressure sensor all the others have. I don't know 100% what the differences are in these ECU's since the scoots we get here in Sweden and most all EU countries are all Piaggio Pure Jet motorized. The easiest way to tell if you have a Piaggio Pure Jet or a Morini DiTech is checking the vario restriction, the Piaggio has a distance ring between the two pulleys in the front vario, the Morini DiTech has a large ring bolted with 3 screws to the back of the variator.....

There was also a problem with the software in the earliest versions of the Piaggio Pure Jet versions and if not updated to the latest version of 2.8.0 these scoots would not run right.....

I just today delivered a black SR50 R Factory to a customer, I always do a 6km to 10km drive before I deliver all bikes and scoots and this one reved 9.500rpm, un-touched, fully restricted and it hit some 53kph during the run, have yet to drive one of these fully de-restricted after some 500-1000km to see what they can do.....

DP says: Different strokes for different folks......

DP my 05 factory has the ring removed(piaggio), no remapping yet but arrow extreme exhaust installed. Why do you figure my rpm's max out at 6500. My dealer who is still waiting for the latest software tells me its an ecu restriction but your saying 9500 rpm fully restricted. Why does this not make sence??

Oz Scooterboy
05-24-2005, 10:50 PM
I emailed the australian head technician for aprilia and asked him re: rpm question and he reckons that there has to be something not right with yours and it needs checking out by your dealer, it should be like mine at least 8500rpm.

tomlondon1978
05-25-2005, 03:38 AM
paradigm in da house:

I have the piaggio engine, it even still had a sticker on it when I bought it so thats how i know for sure, is there anyway i can check I have 2.8.0 without taking it to a dealer?

g0g0
05-25-2005, 04:28 AM
no way to know for sure, however i would be 95% sure you're running 2.8.0