PDA

View Full Version : Anyone attend the NYC Ducati (Aprilia) Opening?

hank
05-12-2005, 06:28 PM
It was ok - a bit over the top.... B-Boz & Hodgson were hanging out talking to everyone and trying be cordial.

redman412
05-13-2005, 02:00 AM
Who owns the dealership? the same guys of Aprilia NY? If yes, I'll never will go there.

Aprilia101
05-13-2005, 10:37 AM
I just got back from Aprilia/Duc ny ( Yes its the same owners). I Just ordered my full 2-2 akro. I know the owner howie for some time (Hes not the most talkative person - but thier main machanic frank is a great guy.

hank
05-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Who owns the dealership? the same guys of Aprilia NY? If yes, I'll never will go there.

I have heard that from several people...I don't know the store or the owner, so I can't comment.

FalcoLion
05-14-2005, 01:43 AM
Howie is Ok. Seems like a nice guy, we chat on a few occasions. Frank (lead mechanic) is a really good person and remembers customers by their first name.

Redman412, why such animocity? You do not have to answer if you do not want to but I am just curious. I think their customer service is 1st class. They always treat you with respect and they are happy to do service on your bike even if you bought it somewhere else. I think this store can be ranked as a top spot for customer service and satisfaction. A lot of other motorcycle shops and their owners should take a lessons from these guys.

Just my .2 cents

hank
05-14-2005, 06:00 AM
they are happy to do service on your bike even if you bought it somewhere else.

Does a bad attitude toward the purchase at another shop really happen anymore? I find it amazing that ANY dealer would not treat ANY bike/customer with anything less than 100% courtesy and great service...

If I EVER felt that a dealer had an attitude because I bought a bike elsewhere else, I would avoid them. I have moved 3 times since buying my Mille and the original dealer has long stopped being an Aprilia shop - same thing with another shop I had work on my bike. The Aprilia dealer network isn't that extensive - they need to keep customers happy and customers need to be reasonable as well...

redman412
05-15-2005, 12:08 AM
I'm not anonymous on my opinion. Took my Falco there to get some work and they said they did but they did not. They charge me. Bike rum poorly with a EFI problem light. Parts guy got an attitude, try to blame me for the problems . I asked to check whats the problem and told me they were too busy. I don't care about them. I took my bike somewhere else in to do my work. Owner is over his head, they got 3 dealerships trying to monopolize Aprilia, Ducati, Motoguzzi, and now Confederate. They are overpriced and the only people who buys bikes from them don't do a lot more research to buy a bike. No offense about the last comment. Last time I was there, some guy bought a Motoguzzi Rosocorsa and couldn't close the seat after getting a boost. Mechanic and parts guy weren't there, only a young kid. The guy got frustrated. What a service! I prefer to travel 60 miles to do my service somewhere that doing it there. My boss wanted to trade a brand new Buell blast he bought for his wife for a Atlantic. After being offered $3500 as trade, he loaded the bike on the pickup and went there. After he got there they told him they can't do the trade. Wouldn't you be furious?