PDA

View Full Version : Which One

spanna2006
05-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Hi, i have just purchased a second hand aprilia sr50 54 reg, it is a DDTech version.
I am wondering where the derestriction on the SR50 are, i have had the gameboy restriction taken out and wondering how many there are, and where they are allocated.

Also i am wondering how quick will my sr50 dd tech go, with just the gameboy restriction taken out...

This is alot of help, and many thanks

TiminIndy
05-04-2005, 04:26 PM
There may still be a washer in the variator. It helps if we know how fast you're going now, where you are from, model year, etc... When you say DD Tech, I assume you mean Ditech???

MODERATORS- Can we get a sticky on de-restriction, 1st & 2nd stage mods, and F.A.Q. (newbie questions)?

spanna2006
05-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Yes very sorry, i do not have any idea on the top speed, as i have not been on the road with it yet, as i have not passed my test.

The model is DI-Tech sorry, and it is 2004 model, i live within the U.K as well, and the only derestricion which has been changed is the ECU.

I am wondering how quick the scooter would go

TiminIndy
05-04-2005, 05:09 PM
OK. That means the only other restriction you may have is a washer in your variator. You might ask the dealer if they already removed it. You can read all about de-restriction at this thread:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8617

That's from the other SR50, Rally, Scarabeo section. There are 'sticky threads' at the top of each section with a lot of basic info you should read to familiarize yourself with these things. Also, there is a 'Search' feature where you can look up certain topics. We'll all be happy to answer your specific questions too, but keep in mind that people come in all the time and ask the same questions over and over.

Welcome to the world of Aprilia.

Be safe.