PDA

View Full Version : Scarabeo 50 Choke prob.?

ColdinDC
12-13-2002, 03:05 PM
I've got a 2000 Scarabeo 50 and recently it won't start. The starter turns but no ignition. The plug seemed slightly fouled, so I replaced it and it didn't help. I did notice, however, that the choke (which I must have left on the last time I tried to start it) was still on. It seems to me that when the bike worked, a spring would slowly pull the choke back off, esp. over a period of a few days.

I'm hoping that that's a diagnostic clue, because this little bike is my first step into auto mechanics and I don't want to pay to have it towed again for something that's easy to fix. What's the next step in diagnosing this problem?
THanks

ed apriliaforum com
12-13-2002, 03:21 PM
are you getting spark?? this will help us decide if it is a ignition problem or fueling problem.

take a new sprak plug and put the spark plug wire on it......rest the threads of the sprak plug on a Ground (like the engine, head).......give the scooter a good kickstart and look at the spark plug......you should see a spark. Dont hold the spark plug in your hand, or you'll receive a nice little shock.....not enought to really hurt you, but it stings.

the choke lever can be manually pushed back to the OFF position. This is how it actually works.

How does the fuel smell?? Does it smell like "fresh" gasoline or more like paint thinner???

micah apriliaforum com
12-13-2002, 06:55 PM
Replace the spark plug and try it again.