PDA

View Full Version : Scarabeo 50 carb stuff fitsYamaha Vino and 2002 Zuma

micah apriliaforum com
12-11-2002, 05:12 PM
I was just ordering a re-supply order for all of the scooter performance and race parts from Europe and noticed that all of the stuff from the Aprilia Scarabeo fits the Yamaha Vino and the 2002 and newer Zuma. Yamaha apparently uses the Mineralli Horizonatal Air Cooled (AC) motor in these...the same as the Scarabeo carb model. I am so excited, there are dozens of these things crawling the streets here and they are restricted in some way because they are slow as sh!t. I just got an owner to agree to bring one in for a baseline dyno run and attempt at derestriction...any of you scoot experts know what I should be looking for. The owner was told the scooter had a "governor" at the time of purchase....I suspect that this is really a restricted exhaust and a shim in the variator...hmmm we will see on Monday. Is it really true that the 2002 and newer Zuma's use the same motor as well...it sure looks that way from the pics I have managed to find.

tiba karotsu
12-11-2002, 07:59 PM
Micah,

the Yamaha Vino scooter (Minarelli horizontal engine) uses the same engine as my Yamaha Jog scooter so you can pretty much bolt on everything MHR has to offer to turn it into a sleeper, imagine a Vino with MHR 70cc AC cilinder, MHR pin 12 crank,MHR exhaust, OR kit, primary gear set, big carbs etc.

the Morini engined SR 50 LC uses the same reedcage Minarelli horizontal engine uses but that's what it only shares in common with the Minarelli.

since it's restricted in some way but actually the pulley is the one that is restricted so just keep the washer on if you don't want to lose a bit of acceleration, fitting an aftermarket exhaust pipe, Multivar, kevlar belt, Delta clutch & clutch bell, CF reeds and a 13 x 34 secondary gear kit (there are lots here) will increase both top speed & acceleration.

love that retro look on the Vino scooter.

Sketch hs
12-11-2002, 10:58 PM
The vino is restricted in the exhaust with a cone and in the transmission with a washer. That's it. It uses a duel throttle cable attachment to the carb, so fitting a larger carb is very tricky on the Vino. However the shop www.mopedhospital.com/ (http://www.mopedhospital.com/) sells cables and the matching carb I think it's a 17.5mm. However there is not much good in moding a vino to far with it's 10in wheels and puny drum brakes. I wouldn't want to go much faster than say 55 or 60 mph on one. The Aprilias are so much more stable and better built.

-Sketch

ace2002k
12-12-2002, 01:39 AM
get bigger wheels and better disk brakes-problem solved!!!:D :cool:

ace:smokin:

tiba karotsu
12-12-2002, 08:45 AM
ace,

where have you been & what are you up to? you hiding something don't you, have you already got the parts for your 491?

micah apriliaforum com
12-12-2002, 10:24 AM
Thanks for all the answers, no one in America knows a friggin thing about these scoots judging from all the contacts I made yesterday. Thanks again...and BTW that full MHR package is the way I am pushing the customer...hmmmm

ace2002k
12-12-2002, 12:43 PM
tiba
sorry for the lack of posts, but after a long think i have finally given up on my scooter and have moved onto bigger thinks like the APRILIA RS125. what finally did it for me was that i went to the dealer with the problem wid the scoot and told him could he check my ignition and CDI. HE said 'sorry we dont have the facilities for that here' so i reply 'so if i got the @#%$ to fix it, how much to fit it-along with the tuning parts i wanted' he replied ''well all in bout 200 quid' i thought u have got to be @#%$ me about- then it just dawned on me 'why the @#%$ am i messeing with a scooter when up my road a mate wants to basically give me his rs125??so thats what ive done-i got into asking about insurance and got a very good quote from rampdale for 550.

sorry to dissapoint you tiba but i really just had enough!!
maybe later on next year ill be asking your advice on fitting a 185cc malossi kit to the rs125!!!!

dont ever by a bike from a shitty dealer-THEY WILL SCREW YOU!!!.

cheers
ace:cool: :smokin:

ip
12-13-2002, 04:21 AM
Ace , i worked as honda/kawasaki mechanic for few years and had my share of big bikes but i preffer riding a gas and go in the crowded streets -- they are so much fun when done right and you dont have to have 100horsepower to enjoy one .. i lost 2 scooters to thiefs but i am getting another one but if you ride in wide open areaes and highways you difinitly like a big wheel bike --

mzmaniac
12-13-2002, 01:50 PM
My wife has an '01 Yamaha Vino. I have fitted the following:
stroker crankshaft (NTN)
Airsal 72cc single-ring aluminum bore kit
Arreche 19mm carb
Malossi Multivar
Malossi kevlar belt
Technigas Next pipe
Needless to say this is almost too much power for this little scoot....but what the heck, right? :)

The only problem I have is I have yet to find a set of carbon fiber reed petals. Apparantly there is definately a difference between the Vino reed block and the Jog.

Derestriction on the Minarelli scoots is quite easy. They use a small spacer ring between the front Variator halves and usually have a restrictor cone in the exhuast pipe immediately inside the flange. The Vino also has a restriction block between the intake manifold and the crankcase.

micah apriliaforum com
12-13-2002, 06:53 PM
I have the reeds here in stock...they are the same as the Ditech....I may even have some other Malossi carbon reeds that fit it.

tiba karotsu
12-14-2002, 08:19 AM
try MHR's VL14 reedblock as it will also fit Morini engined scooters (2000 up) but you might as well try CF reed petals first as they come in 3 sets of different thickness i suggest you start with the .30mm reed set and remove the reedstop to maximize petal lift. place the screw plate over the CF reed and insert the screws inside the cavity of the reedblock, just tighten it real nice and it will not fall for sure, i've been doing this trick for a very long time and it works quite well withh stiffer CF reeds.

tiba karotsu
12-14-2002, 08:41 AM
sorry to hear that ace so i guess that Dutch is the only taker of my EVO pipe, your problem on your scooter isn't as big as what the dealers tell you that could have been fixed here in a jiffy and for few bucks also. i tell you if i were to set up shop in your place i'd drive them out of business for sure.:D

currently i work at my friends bike shop and we repair, maintain, import & sell big bikes & scooters from Japan, we even import cars & 4 x 4 including the Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution which is a JDM only vehicle. i bring home any bikes in the shop as my daily commute and i get to ride some of the Jap bikes that i could only dream of like the R6 Championship Edition, '01 CBR 600 F4i, ZX9R, & the TL1000S.:D i wish i could own any of these but i have to face reality that i can't afford any of these bikes:( .

if any of you should come over to the Philippines drop by to our shop if you're in a hunt for a bike, we have the lowest prices of any bike dealer in the market.:D

micah apriliaforum com
12-14-2002, 10:12 AM
See another capitol idea....people in the states pay big bucks for JDM cars (mitsu Lancer evo) and bikes like the NSR250SE "smart card"...they sell here for $5,000-$6,000 and people also go nuts for the NC30 and NC35 Hondas, TZR250 Yamahas, RGV suzukis....you can make money if you put your mind to it. I worked at bikes shops here in the states for 6 years before ever buying a bike from one...bike shops pay like sh!t worldwide.

micah apriliaforum com
12-14-2002, 10:42 AM
MZMANIAC...email me offline, I have a Christmas present for you.... micah @apriliaforum.com

ip
12-14-2002, 10:59 AM
Vinos are popular here ,it looks like a VW bug on 2 wheels , it got plastic gas tank which never rust ,its very light plus has a clamp on handlebar so i can easily put drop bar ,too bad it comes with front drum instead of disk

micah apriliaforum com
12-14-2002, 11:09 AM
I agree, I hate drum brakes.

ip
12-14-2002, 11:26 AM
micah since you are online i have a question --i was wondring if TP race cylinder for minarelli horizental has one or 2 exhaust port ?

tiba karotsu
12-14-2002, 12:02 PM
ip,

only one exhaust port and those TP race cilinders come standard in the Beta Ark K series 70cc which is only available in the Philippines. sometimes living here has it's perks too.:D

mzmaniac
12-17-2002, 11:15 AM
Micah,
I e-mailed you a dwg of the stock Yamaha Vino reed petal.

Ardell aka mzmaniac

micah apriliaforum com
12-17-2002, 11:54 AM
I am looking and measuring as we speak.