PDA

View Full Version : I'm a 250 fan again!!

Smoke Eater 41
05-11-2003, 12:21 PM
What a great race at Jerez!!! The entire race was amazing.

dowzerr
05-11-2003, 01:00 PM
yeah it was awesome, so many passing moves. jerez is a great track.

iiph
05-11-2003, 03:06 PM
rolfo and pugiali failed to hold the tight line in just one corner so they lost to elias who was on his home track

nothing can match 125 and 250 in whole motorsport , at least 5 guys switching places madly to very end, cant predict who win , but an aprilia of course

micah apriliaforum com
05-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Yep the 250cc race was awesome. It was good to see some Aprilias finishing on the box too.

ApriliaFox
05-12-2003, 01:53 AM
Geez I wish we could some motoGPs (why dont they call them 990s???) like that 250 race! I was on the dge of my seat and it made me remember why I watched the damn things ..... Rossi is an extraordinary rider but even Troy Bayliss said the race was boring and it was his first GP podium!

mrvenjer
05-12-2003, 02:39 AM
Yeah both 125s and 250s were good races. I look forward to them as much as the MotoGP.

K.

Smoke Eater 41
05-12-2003, 07:36 AM
Its almost like the technology and speed of the MotoGP bikes have taken the racing out of it. When I was watching the 250, I was remembering how it use to be with the big bikes. Maybe some restrictions for the MotoGP bikes wouldn't be such a bad thing. Right now, the rider skills are for taming those bikes and not really for racing with other riders. Rossi did make some excellent passes during those first two laps though.

Stu Jones
05-12-2003, 03:16 PM
With regard the Moto GP race what a boring site, even Capirossi smoking the rear tyre in every corner did not make it exciting. It looked like a formula one car GP. Those bikes look so easy to ride on the limit, bring back the old screamer 500s like Swantz, Rainey and Gardner used to smoke tyres on, they bit back unles you were a god.
As for the 250s, :eek: awesome that is what racing is all about.:eek:

iiph
05-13-2003, 07:09 PM
few years ago kenny robert jr smoked everyone inculding rossi on his RGV500 -- look at him now , with his suposedly much sperior GSVR999 only to finish dead last -- same with Mccoy , remember how he stayed with rossi and barros V5 on phillipe island circuit on a 2 stroke yamaha last year ? now he is on a 999 but getting lapped by rossi without a single point

comapre that to Aoki come from dead last to 9th on slow 500 triple , he did fastest 2 stroke lap ever

throttle junkie
05-15-2003, 02:54 PM
it does seem that there is a huge gap between the Honda's and the rest.....i know honda have more money, but Yamaha are not a small company so thats not really an excuse....

and i gotta agree that the old 2-stoke racing was far more exciting....but i feel restrictions to the Hondas is a bad thing...

bring back the 500's!!! or, introduce 700-900cc 2-strokes to compete with the 4 strokes.....then we will se what Honda can do!!

although it is worrying to hear that the honda in race-trim in running in a safe mode, and in testing they took away this safety mode and Rossi destroyed all race and lap times!!!

bit of a worry for the others!!!

now, 125 and 250 racing, thats really exciting, 5 abreast into the corner? yes please

iiph
05-15-2003, 09:19 PM
biaggi think M1 is crap -- just look at barros and biaggi last year and this year --they both switched guess who become slower , also Rossi said honda has clear advantage and that other 4 strokes are destined to be like 2 strokes , exception is ducati because they had help from ferarri