PDA

View Full Version : scooterless

valdjn
12-29-2002, 07:04 PM
I lost my SR-50 over the christmas holidays. I usually park it on the sidewalk wherever I go, but this time I parker in a regular parking space, close the the front door of the store I was at, so that I would not disturb all of the people walking on the sidewalk. I was trying to be considerate to pedestrians during this holiday season. Well some drunken fool did not see my scoot and ran over it with his four-wheel drive Expidition. The frame is bent pretty bad and I still don't know how much my insurance company has it valued at. I ahve a feeling it is not going to be close to what I paid for it, not including all the work I did to it, kitting it and a new paint job after a good friend of mine crashed it. I will soon be looking for another scoot, but unfortunately this time I will only be able to afford one for about $2,000. Anybody have a good used one for sale?

micah apriliaforum com
12-29-2002, 07:08 PM
We want to buy it off of you. Your insurance company will sell it back to you for about $200-$400. We will then buy it off of you for a bit more...get some dollars rolling into your new scooter fund. Sorry to hear that happened. Send me some pics if you can. If this all works out I will drive down and get it myself.

ScooterWitch
12-29-2002, 07:43 PM
Bummer!!! I feel for ya, I know what it's like to be without a bike. Sorry to hear about it. :( Best wishes on getting another scoot soon. Let us know if you get one before the next Texas United rally!

valdjn
12-31-2002, 10:24 AM
Micah,
I will get back to you on that. My insurance agent said they do not do that but I am tracking down the insurance adjuster to see if he has any word in it. My insurance covers my business (commercial insurance)home and cars, they do not specialze in motorcycles. But I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

micah apriliaforum com
12-31-2002, 12:06 PM
Just tell them you want to buy it back and see what they offer...itis normally 20% of what they consider to be market value. Market value on a used scooter is like $1200-$1800. That is how I got my numbers...anyway if they want to make you an offer maybe we can all do good from it.

mzmaniac
12-31-2002, 01:13 PM
What kind of scoot were you interested in? Another Aprilia or something different? If different, sport or retro? Good luck with your insurance company.

Sketch hs
01-04-2003, 05:26 AM
where are you located? I have a sr50 with mhr 70cc, big carb, clutch, pipe, malossi variator....

-Sketch