PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy Cartridge

cysreaper
12-30-2002, 02:28 PM
is their anyway to connect a pc DIRECTLY to a ditech scooter, cause that way using a gameboy emulator and making a rom of the aprilia gameboy cartridge people could upgrade their scooters using their pc and i think it would make it easier to hack the cartridge to.

Just an Idea

micah apriliaforum com
12-30-2002, 03:28 PM
Yes, and you are most of the way there...all you need is the link cable and to make sure the emulator is talking to the correct port on your pc....I think.

kcp
12-30-2002, 04:47 PM
where can we find the cable?can we buy it?

CrAiGrOx2002
12-30-2002, 06:29 PM
thats a point i never thouygh of using roms n emulator methods!

micah apriliaforum com
12-31-2002, 10:02 AM
Dealer only item...so if you have a friendly dealer than yes, you can buy the cable. It is a dirt simple affair, pennies to duplicate I am sure.

CrAiGrOx2002
12-31-2002, 10:47 AM
if we can get pics surely we could stick one together...hell il prolly have al the gear needed!

Dragster pilota
01-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Micah in da house:
all you need is the link cable and to make sure the emulator is talking to the correct port on your pc....I think

And it don't work... We have already tried that one but the PC will not talk to the ECU, using a GameBoy emulator on the PC will not give more options for the software...

I have during fall worked with a Swedish Chip-tuner that have downloaded the DiTech software on his PC that e use to re-program car chips. He has looked at all the parameters and it's quite a simple software and not with much development possibilities but he is stuborn and we'll keep trying some things out, I'll get back when we know more...

DP says: By the way the software is named <em>dp-tech 3.x</em>....

troutmaster
01-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Gameboy emulator? I do not think that gameboy really enter into this. It is the software/hardware configuration in the cartridge it self that you need to emulate. Gameboy is just a display device. As the cartridge is built now I do not think it will be possible to adjust the parameters. Just fixed maps with different modes like it is now, is possible . Hope that I am wrong.

Aldo Steptoe
01-03-2003, 08:51 AM
DP,

Ability to read/write the ECU would be a start. Can you find out more.

Is the eeprom socketed, or is it done via cable. What are the pinouts? (between Scoot and PC)8o

Dragster pilota
01-04-2003, 12:34 PM
Aldo Steptoe in da house:
Ability to read/write the ECU would be a start. Can you find out more.

Yes read/write to ECU has been done and also some running of modified software with <em>rolling road software</em> but can't give much more info on it at this time...

DP says: I'll be back with more info as the project evolves....