PDA

View Full Version : New scooter...........layed down already.

jj008
01-19-2003, 10:24 PM
My girlfriend just bought a new scooter and has already layed it down twice in two days. The scooter is a '03 Derbi Boulevard 150. I know this isn't an Aprilia but she is vertically challenged and I wanted her to have a bike that is a little more powerful then Scarabeo 50. My question is: The grey plastic on the side is scratch pretty good. I noticed that it is one piece that stretches across the scooter where your feet go. Is there a way to fix those scratches or do I need to buy a new piece? Also one of the color panels got scratched. Can those be repaired or is it better to just replace them?

Ride report:

I agree with Micah on the 125cc Piaggo motor, the Vespa, they are really slow ( they are available in Boulevard 125). But the 150cc is totally different. Great power off the line and pulls well all the way to 50 mph. The top speed is only 65 mph. But it will hold 55 mph up hills. With me and my girlfriend on it we can travel at 60 mph with no problem (330 pounds) and only slight difference in acceleration. Overall I though it had the best power of all the 150cc I tested. The Kymco and Malaguti where the same with top speed of 70 mph. The Scarabeo 150 wasn't chosen because it was to big for the girlfriend. I did see 75 mph on the Scarabeo, but it lack the initial acceleration of the Derbi.

micah apriliaforum com
01-22-2003, 09:29 AM
Stickers cover all sorts of scratches...as for repair of those parts it is possible but new parts will probably cost less.

jj008
01-22-2003, 12:55 PM
I was actually shocked about the prices for the new parts. They were so cheap. $200 for everything.

My brain must not be working. I didn't even think about using stickers. I will have to buy some and cover up the scratches until the new parts arrive.

Thanks