PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum foil

Goyu
01-23-2003, 01:40 PM
Hi!
It`s winter here in Sweden, and pretty cold as well. When I drive my sr ditech, the temperature newer gets warm (always at the minimum temp). To solve this I placed some aluminum foil on the air input. Is this a bad idea, or do the bike performs better if it is hot?

Thanx

Mikke

laz224
01-23-2003, 01:56 PM
well i dont know about the foil

I put a piece of boc paper and made holes on it and it worked for me in the winter and it was good for it it didnt loose any power it was better when i put it....

Key Walshe
01-25-2003, 10:52 PM
Goyu, here in the UK riding my Mito it struggles to get warm in the winter and because of this it could suffer a cold seizure, to keep the tempurature up I've put some duct tape across the radiator on each side so it doesn't run too cold. It seems to run fine and at the temperature it ran in the warmer months of the year, it must be a needed thing as Cagiva themselves sell a readiator jacket to do exactly the same job when the colder months arrive as many suffer from a cold seizure.

micah apriliaforum com
01-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Engines must be up to temp to perform at their best. That is why they have thermostats in the cooling system to help them quickly acheive and then maintain a given temp. It is not uncommon to have to tape up the radiator on a racing two stroke to get the coolant temp up to the desired level. Most two strokes seem to like 60-75 degrees centigrade.

Dutch Royal T
01-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Best operating temps for EVO/MHR/Manstons are (at least here) 50-55 degrees Celcius. LC engines that is, the EVO AC get's over 100 degrees Celcius.