PDA

View Full Version : Big News!!! Ditech Big Bore Kits are coming!!!

micah apriliaforum com
12-15-2002, 02:53 PM
I have just placed on order with Malossi my first round of SR50 DITECH big bore kits. They are a cast iron cylinder kit and I do not have any more of the important details as of yet. These supposedly come with a new map for the ECU to compensate for the increase in cylinder capacity. I have on this order a limited quantity and want to first test them prior to shipping any out on a local SR DITECH. I do not want to sell something that does not work, or worse causes damage to a customers scooter. <strong>If anyone in the Texas area has a Ditech that they would like dyno tuned and kitted as a forum project for minimal cost please contact me at once.</strong> It will take at least 4 to 6 weeks for this product to arrive in my hands but at long last it is coming. My email is micah@apriliaforum.com . I need also a SR Ditech and a Scarabeo Ditech in stock derestricted trim for baseline dyno work free of charge. This will only take a half hour of your day and you will know the horsepower and torque of your scoot as well as a full exhaust gas anaylisis of your machine. This is huge news, lets just hope that it is not a friggin bad joke, I am so tired of waiting for this to happen. <strong>Dragster Pilota, Tiba, Dutch, IP any of you guys know anything about this?</strong> I first found out only 24 hours ago, so this is very recent news.

tiba karotsu
12-15-2002, 08:27 PM
nope just heard it first from you Micah, maybe you can use the ECU that came with the cilinder kit for an even serious cilinder for the Morini engined DITECH, you can also get away with a little porting if you get lucky.

JIMMC15
12-15-2002, 09:46 PM
Hell froze over too! Since you have ordered them you must know what they cost.... Any idea what they may cost us to buy them? Ballpark amount? $300, $500 or $700? :eek:

Thanks!

laz224
12-15-2002, 09:58 PM
Well i think since its cast iron its around 200 ,250 Dollars...
Just thinking might be expensiver for the Ditech:)

jrturbo
12-16-2002, 10:26 AM
Great news

At long last,well i have contacted the importers of malossi in spain to find out when the kits will be available. at present they didnt even know of its availability, so they told me to call them back tomorrow, so tomorrow I hopefully have more news.

Micah any chance of confirming the contents of the big bore kit.
I would expect it to contain;
* Cast iron cylinder
* Matching piston
* gasket set
* Carbon fibre reeds
* Gameboy cartridge to flash ECU with modified fuel map

As a result that it uses all the standard Injection equipment I expect the kit to be fairly mild and designed quite posibly to produce max power at same rpm as the standard 50cc engine and make use of the of the original exhaust.

All this especulation untill someone manages to get hold of all the hard facts.

I look forward to more news

Regards

Joe Rubido

Bishop
12-16-2002, 10:39 AM
I would guess that it will be a fairly mild kit, with the only real power increase coming from the extra 20cc, and probally more expensive than any other cast iron kit that they make, perhaps double the usual price.

It's a tricky little engine, aftermarket parts for it won't be cheap.

"Long live the carb"

Not that I'm knocking fuel injection, my 25 year old car runs quite well with it...

Dragster pilota
12-16-2002, 01:52 PM
Ciao Micah

As far as the info I have from Malossi it will be released in late January, early February and we have some kit's on order and we also plan on itroducing it to the public at the MC-Show in late February....

Although.... We were first promised this kit in late May 2002 and then July, then at the MC-Show in Mūnchen in September then December and now....

I don't know what the deal is and what's going on but rumors have royalty problems with the software has not yet been solved...

DP says: I'm waiting and when it arrives I'll thell ya all and so will you Micah....

micah apriliaforum com
12-16-2002, 07:17 PM
Good news all. I have no idea about the cost. My man in Italy emailed me and said it was a "go for the 70cc DITECH kits" and how many did I want...I ask about price and he did not know at this point...I said load em' up and ship me as many as we can get...so the story goes. I, like Dragster Pilota, will not know the whole story until late January....this was just an early release of knowledge so everyone would know there was light at the end of what has been a very long tunnel.

troutmaster
12-17-2002, 02:49 PM
This is great news !! Would you share the map, if any? I have the software, cartridge, gameboy and the connector to pc and all prev. ver. of maps. I am hopefull that I can use the new map on the suzuki katana LC sylinder that I have fitted on my ditech. It is working fine, the scooter is more powerful. Up hills that before runned in 60kph, I now can go 80-85kph. Top speed is about 115
under good conditions. But there are some small bugs that I hope a new map could fix.

Deviltech
12-17-2002, 06:20 PM
MMMMMMMMMUST HAVE
I will be a guinea pig or anything you want to call it. will call you in January.:EVIL

ip
12-18-2002, 03:09 AM
you have to fool the ECU into sending more fuel in -- this can be done by tampering with one of the sencors you want to instal a veriable resistor in line or paralel with that sencor so it fools the ECU that the entgine is cold to send more fuel in -- a simple gadget can change the resistanse depending on rpm and send it fuel when needed

--can one tell me how many sencors it got beside the trottle position censor and one is on cylinder head-

can you measure the resistance in ohm with a mutlimetere two times when its cold and hot on the heat sencor ?

jrturbo
12-18-2002, 03:33 AM
Hi there guys

I have spoken to the spanish importers and they dont reckon that the big bore kits will be available untill april next year.

They could even confirm the price or any details of the kit, so I am afraid I will be forced to wait untill the damn thing is released officially and then I can start pestering them.

Regards

Joe Rubido

jrturbo
12-18-2002, 03:41 AM
Well IP

The Ditech fuel injection system is maped on 3 parameters

1) Throttle position
2) Engine Rpm
3) Engine temperature

I thought about going down the route you mentioned but upon reflexion I dont think it will achieve much, because the Ditech fuel injection system injects the fuel straight in to the combustion chamber and therefore the additional amount of fuel needed when the engine is cold would be minimal, because the injection system is so efficient.

No I dont think you will get anywhere down that route, I think the only alternative to is raise the fuel pressure.

Regards

Joe Rubido

phidauex
12-18-2002, 05:11 PM
Man, I never thought I'd say this, but.. "I wish I lived in Texas!"

No, no wait.. I'm still glad I don't live in Texas, home of the Bush Family and the Rich White Man "Good Ol' Boy Club". Though I live in Missouri, home of the Ashcroft family :mad: Geez, you just can win out here in the midwest. I've got to move back to California! :rollin:

Anyway, this kit sounds very interesting, and I'm hyped to hear about its coming!! I wonder if the ECU they are sending along with it could be used effectively with some of the other 70cc kits that fit the Ditech.. Anyone who bought a Mallossi kit could rent out the gameboy cartridge that came with it to everyone else who was using non-malossi cylinders :lol: Sounds like a profitable side business.

peace,
Phidauex

Aldo Steptoe
01-24-2003, 12:48 AM
What's the latest on the Kit?

ip
01-24-2003, 10:03 AM
just machine stock head to close the squish to .4 mm this will give noticable gain without needing any mapping change and cost nothing

Aldo Steptoe
01-25-2003, 06:01 AM
What is the std squish (range)?:rolleyes:

Bla
01-31-2003, 08:41 AM
Any news on the kit?

micah apriliaforum com
01-31-2003, 12:01 PM
No news yet...I will email Italy today to see if they have an update...

jjmadd
02-14-2003, 01:44 AM
Any news yet? Spring is coming up here in the Northeast and it will be time to ride soon.

SideWinder XX
02-14-2003, 06:32 AM
Get that fast =P

Gonna buy 3 soon as they come out..:cool:

Deviltech
02-17-2003, 08:35 PM
damn, .4mm is tight. im used to big bikes but i would have thought more