PDA

View Full Version : aprilia vs malaguti

andskotinn
09-05-2002, 05:03 PM
I'm looking to buy a scooter in the next few weeks, and have narrowed my search down to the aprilia sr50 ditech and the malaguti f-15. I understand the difference between the two as far as the engines go, but would like to know the general pros and cons of both makes/models. Reliability is one of my biggest concerns as I'll need to travel to work and school, but handling, acceleration etc. are also important. Is it simply a matter of personal preff? Please let me know, thanks!

Sketch hs
09-05-2002, 05:05 PM
well first of all... where do you live? I would choose the one with the most dealers and parts available around you.

-Sketch

andskotinn
09-05-2002, 05:16 PM
I live in Boston and New Hampshire. The amount of dealers in the area are pretty equal. The Dealer I trust the most though, is the Honda ducati dealer and they sell malaguti. But isn't malaguti associated with ducati? So at the same time the honda dealer may be bias.

boyo3310
09-06-2002, 08:27 AM
i have an aprilia SR50 ditech and it's gotta be the best handlin 50 scoot on the road! it's great, had it 6 months now and not 1 problem, part from a blown headlight bulb which can be expected. acceleration wise it kills any other scoot, had a sports exhaust and malossi variator and belt fitted but thats it. the ditech is still quick with no mods straight out of the box. top speed wise i've seen 70 on the speedo a fair few times, u may no the clocks are out on most peds so it will prob do about 60 reality.
i don't no too much about the malaguti but theres the prilla explained!

PABBY
09-06-2002, 09:30 AM
The malaguti isn't the best in terms of build quality. There are so many rattles coming from my mates. Also, the faring tends to scratch really easily if you do have a slight mishap. And the digital dash is really annoying, the petrol gauge thinks its an equalizer. Get the sr50:) . Im not biased, honest.

kjed
09-06-2002, 10:57 AM
I have ridden and like both, but give the nod to Aprilia. I bought a Scarabeo Ditech from Seacoast Sport Cycle in Windham, NH. I am not affiliated with them in any way, except that I am a satisfied customer. All they sell are Aprilias, and they race 'em too. I've also ridden the F-12, F-15, and Yesterday. They are nice bikes, I haven't noticed any rattles like Pabby has, but a side-by-side comparison shows that fit/finish are better on the SR50. It's a nicer ride, too. The SR50 is a pretty tall bike, so it's good for all but really small riders. Hope this decidedly non-technical report helps.

Keith

larryep
02-25-2003, 10:25 AM
which is best bang for the buck?

Is the area 51 a sr51 ditech?

Can you get a area 51 in the us?

Very good forum. Found this forum today:D

jjmadd
02-25-2003, 08:44 PM
no Area 51 in the US....Yet

I heard some new scoots are gonna make there way here soon.

tiba karotsu
02-26-2003, 04:25 AM
as far as i know the Area 51 has a Minarelli horizontal engine which means tons of tuning parts to make it go fast.:D