PDA

View Full Version : NY/NJ/CT/PA riders - lets ride on 04/17/2005

FalcoLion
04-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Let me first say that its awesome that this particular part of the forum was added. I didn't bother suggesting it because I thought AF1 guys are pretty much done with the setting. Wonderful idea and one place where everyone can post get together.

Ok, now as the thread name suggest lets get together next Sunday at Red Apple as usual (weather permiting). We had quite a few good rides last year.

Chrman, Vpr80, Rzymek, Hardcharger, BBQChef and a few more guys. So, lets start early this year.

Post your replies here and if the weather holds up, we can all enjoy a nice ride.

zx6racer
04-10-2005, 08:28 PM
I would love to do a group ride this weekend I hope my bike is back together by then :peace:

hank
04-11-2005, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=FalcoLion]
Ok, now as the thread name suggest lets get together next Sunday at Red Apple as usual (weather permiting). We had quite a few good rides last year.
QUOTE]

Maybe I'll just follow you all around Bear Mountan in my van that hauls my Mille.... :peace:

Ahhh, the Red Apple... worst bathrooms in the North East. Nice couple who owns it; very biker-friendly!

FalcoLion
04-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Maybe I'll just follow you all around Bear Mountan in my van that hauls my Mille.... :peace:

Ahhh, the Red Apple... worst bathrooms in the North East. Nice couple who owns it; very biker-friendly!

Hank,

Does this mean that you hate to ride or you are not ready for Bear Mountain. Any way it looks like you are very familiar where the Red Apple is. I am hoping the weather will hold up and we can put a ride.

Anyone that want to ride, please chime in and I would also recommend to check in Saturday to see who and how many of us are getting together, weather permitting.

rzemyk
04-11-2005, 08:25 PM
You can count on me and some of mine friends(maybe 10)

hank
04-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Does this mean that you hate to ride or you are not ready for Bear Mountain.

Yes, I hate to ride..... I hate all motorcycles - except Harley's of course.... everyone loves Harley's.... I just bought these bikes so I can hang out on internet forums and meet interesting people who love Harley's.

Also, I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else regarding my ability to ride Bear Mountain or any other venue. I have enjoyed riding with friends and meeting up with people for rides for many years. I stopped street riding for 2 years and focus my time, energy and cash towards track riding, but I still meet up with biker friends for breakfast now & again... I just drive there in my track van that carries my bikes...

Also, I don't know what you inferred by my comment or what you are now implying, but I would say you are out of line with your comment.... :shooter:

FalcoLion
04-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Yes, I hate to ride..... I hate all motorcycles - except Harley's of course.... everyone loves Harley's.... I just bought these bikes so I can hang out on internet forums and meet interesting people who love Harley's.

Also, I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else regarding my ability to ride Bear Mountain or any other venue. I have enjoyed riding with friends and meeting up with people for rides for many years. I stopped street riding for 2 years and focus my time, energy and cash towards track riding, but I still meet up with biker friends for breakfast now & again... I just drive there in my track van that carries my bikes...

Also, I don't know what you inferred by my comment or what you are now implying, but I would say you are out of line with your comment.... :shooter:

Hank,

Lighten up man. I didn't mean to offend you. I do respect your choice of not riding on the street. But riding Harley... :spankie: :) The comment was meant as a joke and as a reply to your comment about keeping your bike in the van. Read your 1st reply and please realize that it sounded pretty sarcastic and somewhat provoking to get a reply that you got. Anyway, if the weather holds up, I assume we will have a good number of riders. Rzymek always brings good bunch of guys in the tow. I would assume VPR80 will join in.

hank
04-12-2005, 05:40 AM
[QUOTE=FalcoLion]Hank,

Lighten up man. I didn't mean to offend you. I do respect your choice of not riding on the street. But riding Harley... :spankie: :) The comment was meant as a joke and as a reply to your comment about keeping your bike in the van. Read your 1st reply and please realize that it sounded pretty sarcastic and somewhat provoking to get a reply that you got. QUOTE]

No problem - that's why I used the :peace: icon after my first sentence... I actually HAVE followed people around just to hang out with biker friends... Have a great ride & enjoy the Red Apple - I really do miss breakfast there on Sunday mornings... :)

vpr80
04-12-2005, 12:21 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! I just found this forum...didn't even know it existed.

I'm so sorry guys but I am doing an overnight fundraiser on Sat and then its a friends b-day breakfast on Sunday so I can't even weasel out of anything this weekend.

Ohhh this really sucks because I wanted to ride. Hopefully next weekend.

FalcoLion
04-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Is anyone else coming besides me and Rzymek w/friends? Calling Hardcharger, Chrman, Mille01, BBQChef and everyone else who wants to join in. The weather should be outstanding.

TuonoR6
04-16-2005, 06:11 AM
I might be interested in a ride. How do I get to the Red Apple. I assume that Dutchess County area. If anyone wanted to meet up along the way. I'd be up for that too.

CarlosT
04-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Kids and baseball...my only opportunity this weekend is a few hours RIGHT NOW (Saturday morning).

john flores
04-16-2005, 10:01 AM
what time? I've got some family duties that I might try to...ahem...evade.

and how long and what pace? I'm a pretty conservative road rider...

FalcoLion
04-16-2005, 10:11 AM
what time? I've got some family duties that I might try to...ahem...evade.

and how long and what pace? I'm a pretty conservative road rider...

RED APPLE on route 17. Exit 15 off NY Thruway. 9am-9:30am

FalcoLion
04-16-2005, 06:39 PM
In case someone is not familiar where Red apple is I am posting directions.

Get to the NYS Thruway and take exit 15A to old RT 17. Make a left at the light and go approximately 10 miles. After the pass the intersection with 17A/106 keep an eye on the right it will be 1/2 mi down the road. You can't miss it, its a pretty big place.

We will meet 9:00 - 9:30 am

BBQ Chef
04-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Sorry. I'm playing golf in the morning. Have fun.

FalcoLion
04-17-2005, 08:21 PM
The ride was great. We did exactly 200 miles loop and my ride totaled 350 miles (my butt is just now getting some relaxation). Unfortunately only 3 guys from this forum showed up. Me (FalcoLion), Vpr80 and Rzymek. Cplus was there and then suddenly left by himself. Cplus, whats up with that? :spankie: You do not like group riding? :rolleyes: Rzymek (Jan) brought about 5 more guys with him so the ride was a nice get together. On the way home we met John from Rollin Fast Motorsports and a couple of his customers with Aprilias. How about you identify yourself guys. One was rocking Tuono Racing and the other one RSVR.

If anyone wants to ride next time, that I will be organizing this ride, please be assured that non of the riders is crazy and we ride conservatively.

Hopefully more of the locals will join in.

cplus
04-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Sorry to jet on you guys. I really wanted to hang out and meet a few more guys from the forum but I was also trying to meet up with another friend at the same time and the logistics just didn't work out. Maybe next time round will I'll actually get to go riding with you.

I really didn't mean to piss anybody off -- sorry!

FalcoLion
04-17-2005, 08:34 PM
You didn't piss anyone off, it was just a little unexpected. Anyway, you are welcome to join in anytime.

vpr80
04-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Note to self....do not take the mille off road :-)

tommymac
04-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Wish I had seen this earlier I would have loved to come out. I am good friends with BBQ chef and ride with him whenever possible since he knows so many good roads up there. I ride with a lot of guys from cycle forums and we have some fun rides we get on it a bit in the twisties but nothing too crazy. You have to love it when a futura leads a pack of repliracers through the twisties and everyone has fun.
I will have some time off soon and will keep an eye on this forum too.

Tom

Aprilia101
05-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Count me in next time :rambo:

tommymac
05-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Do any of you go to the ear bar in NYC for the tues night bike nights.

Tom

FalcoLion
05-11-2005, 11:50 PM
I never been there but might be going next Tuesday if weather holds.

chrman
05-16-2005, 11:22 AM
DOH!!! I never thought to look here for rides with you guys and can't believe I missed it (insert non-existent smilie for kicking one's self here) - Sorry!!!

I will be checking here frequently from now on as well as posting here for rides I want to start.

How was the weather that day? Was that the 78-degree day just before and after the rains came?

vpr80
05-16-2005, 11:59 AM
Hehehe....yeah no one noticed this forum at first. Weather was awesome that day and it turned out to be a great ride (for most of us) :)

FalcoLion
05-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Hehehe....yeah no one noticed this forum at first. Weather was awesome that day and it turned out to be a great ride (for most of us) :)

With the exception of small off roading excursion :)

chrman
05-16-2005, 03:15 PM
With the exception of small off roading excursion :)

Alright, let's hear it - who went off the road???? VPR80 trying to ride his R like a supermoto?

vpr80
05-16-2005, 03:23 PM
ROFL yup that's a great way to put it.....went something like this:

ohhh crap rzymek made a sharp left.....
ok no problem will just go straight for a few feet then turn around.
ohhh wait i can cut the corner via that small gavel downhill...shouldn't be a problem.
2 sec later....ohhh shit this was a REALLY bad idea and i am about to drop the bike.
1 sec later....front wheel locks and I drop the bike right under me....@!$!@#$!@#$%#@^@#$%!!!!!!!!!
ok great now not only did i drop the bike, but I also look like a total asshole....ehhhh all in a days fun :-))))

chrman
05-16-2005, 06:54 PM
...1 sec later....front wheel locks and I drop the bike right under me....@!$!@#$!@#$%#@^@#$%!!!!!!!!!...

DOH!!! How much damage did you do? You must have been beside yourself. At least it was a slow-speed job.

rzemyk
05-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Nice, i'ts my fault again, next time pay more attention

rzemyk
05-16-2005, 09:43 PM
So, when We are metting again for a ride.

vpr80
05-17-2005, 09:17 AM
DOH!!! How much damage did you do? You must have been beside yourself. At least it was a slow-speed job.

actually no real damage...when it hit the ground i wasn't moving already. all the sliders worked like a charm so the only damage is about 4 or 5 scratches in the bottom left fairing.

vpr80
05-17-2005, 09:18 AM
Nice, i'ts my fault again, next time pay more attention

ohhhh no no....don't get me wrong it has nothing to do with you. I was following way to close and just wasn't expecting you to turn. you had nothing to do with it.

btw wanna ride to the Ear Inn today?