PDA

View Full Version : When is the 70cc kit for sr50 ditech coming out

yellowditech
03-04-2003, 03:41 PM
:mad: i need more speed on the canyons here in Cali, Uphill my speed droped to 20mph. I need uphill power, going down hill I saw the speedo hit 60mph.

JimMC15
03-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Thought I would reply to this to get it back at the top of the list again. It's March already, doesn't anyone have any information yet? What's the hold up? :mad: :mad:

troutmaster1
03-05-2003, 11:36 AM
I just need to have the new map that comes a long with it. A cylinder is already available in the suzuki katana lc kit, polini made. And the more power you all ask for, this kit is giving you that(without a new map). It just needs a bit more gas in the high rev area.(for more top speed "omph") There the new map enters.

BumbleBee
03-05-2003, 12:56 PM
I've ask the dealer around the area, nobody knows anything about a 70cc kit for sr50 ditech. I need more speed. 42mph flat road is not enough on restricted sr50.

JIMMC15
03-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Just a thought. Troutmaster indicates that the Katana LC cylinder works on the Ditech and all he needs is more fuel. I'm currently building a Cobra kit car and installing an Injection system on it. The 2 parameters that I can modify to increase fuel without changing the software in the controller is by increasing the fuel preassure or by increasing the injector size. As I understood the Aprilia/Orbital system, it uses a convetional injector for fuel. Has anyone looked at the possiblility of just installing a slightly larger injector? I don't know if the injector is just an off the shelf generic part and if their would be any other injectors close to that size but I haven't heard anyone mention the idea.

JIMMC15
03-05-2003, 01:51 PM
Orbital documentation indicates they use "standard Siemens Automotive Side Feed Injectors" (Deka 2)

micah apriliaforum com
03-07-2003, 11:57 AM
I have the first 10 Malossi Ditech coming to America on order...but have been waiting nearly one year now for their arrival...

SideWinder XX
03-08-2003, 02:59 PM
when micah?! when!? btw,,, my country is right next to italy.... can u fix something? =))))

micah apriliaforum com
03-10-2003, 10:37 AM
I wish I knew when....and no I cannot help. I have heard that this is a software licensing issue...but that is just the most current rumor.

JIMMC15
03-10-2003, 03:41 PM
If it's a licensing issue you would think they must be including software that would allow us modify the fuel map. Wonder why they don't just supply a basic map for the dealer to install using the Game Boy for the 70cc kit? That shouldn't require licensing and then we could get the 70cc upgrade and worry about the licensing later. Orbital is going to hold onto their new technology tight so if we are waiting for licensing to get resolved it ain't never gona happen. :mad:

Troutmaster1 - You try the fuel pressure regulator yet? I found one that adjusts from 1-6lbs for a caburator at my autoparts store. Anyone know what the fuel pressure regulator is set at for the ditech?

JIMMC15
03-13-2003, 01:14 PM
Looks like bumping of the fuel pressure isn't a good idea. From the documents I've found the Ditech Pressure regulator regulates at about 36psi (2.5bar). If you want to double your fuel flow you must provide 4 times as much fuel pressure to do so. With 40% more displancement it would require around 65psi. This would require a restriction in the return line of 29psi to fool the regulator into supplying 65psi. Not sure the fuel pump could handle that nor the return line for that matter. Anyone disagree with my math? 8o