PDA

View Full Version : Derestrict The SR50

rs50rulez
02-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Hi, one of my friends has just bought the Aprilia SR50 and wants it to be derestricted when it has been run in. I hear that you cannot do it on the new version. It has some sort of digital box that stops you from going to a certain rev/speed etc. Is this true and if so can you derestrict it?
Any information would be appreciated. Could you please e-mail your suggestion to: Paul.Durham2@btinternet.com or leave a message here. Thanks :p

Paul
www.bikerscentral.tk (http://www.bikerscentral.tk)

buckeroo bob
02-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Does anyone realize that there are 20 pages of information here. The same questions keep coming up and they already been answered a dozen times or more. There is a wealth of information just a few pages back in this forum. Everyone could be an expert if they would take a little time and review some of the past post. Many are excellent. Just a thought.

boyo3310
02-20-2003, 06:17 PM
yeh u can de-restrict the new aprilia, u ave to take it in to an official aprilia dealer to have the fuel system re-programmed and the washer removed from the variator.

Durx
03-09-2003, 12:33 PM
I have a 2003 SR50, but couldnt find any spacer washer in the variator, only the washer under the retaining nut.

I took the variator apart, still nothing.

Is there any pictures available to see what i might be missing?

Durx
03-15-2003, 10:27 AM
The 2003 model, as i just found out, has a solid but longer bush in the variator.

The way round it is to fit a roller cover plate from the 2002 model.
I was told by my dealer that they are about 5 a shot...