PDA

View Full Version : Scarabeo

foxster
03-26-2003, 10:24 PM
Micah, have a friend in high places at a japanese motorcycle manufacturer, he said something extremely funny while discussing scooters the other day and thought I would share it here. He refered to the model "Scarabeo" as "Scary wheel barrow". I couldn't stop laughing!! Not to dis the owners of these machines, just found it extremely funny. :lol:

micah apriliaforum com
03-27-2003, 10:14 AM
That is funny! I personally prefer the handling of the SR even with the smaller wheels to the Scarabeo...it may be the radial tires on the SR I like....

Velo
03-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Micah I can for some point agree you. The handling on the SR's are great with performance tires (Like ML 50 or Michelin Pilot Sport)

But the Beo can take sharper corners (Mine can) But again tires. The Stock Sava mount is crappy.
For racing a Beo Michelin S29 (I remeber that are called) are the greatest.

It has a lower gravety point wich allso are more in the middle. of the scoot.

Small circiut = Scarabeo
Larger Racing Area = SR

!!BTW. I have found out that Yamaha Aerox/Nitro Fork Springs with improved handling can be used in the SR fork!!

iiph
03-30-2003, 12:13 AM
i raced both with michelines and Sava racing midium both are garbage compare to BT39ss tiba sent me , Sava racing soft is good but hard to find also i dont think they make it from scrabeo , Sava tire needs balancing and heavier than BT39ss so get the BT39ss by all means

IMO a racing 70cc dont have enough power to need big tires , all this fat 13 inch wheels are just extra added weight for styling and kill the desperetly needed acceleration , i do stopies and grind parts in the corners with throttle wide open just fine with 10s

Velo
03-31-2003, 02:39 PM
iiph. Now you where talking about racing tires and so on.
But remember. The Scarabeo rides 16" and it is damn hard to find acceptable tyres for that one.

iiph
04-02-2003, 02:58 AM
both bridgestone BT39ss and Dunlop TT has skiny 16 inch tires listed --both are production race tire -

ask tiba to special order it for you-- :rolleyes:

Velo
04-02-2003, 11:56 AM
Hey Thanks iiph. Last time I looked at Battlax. There where only 10"

So I'll Try a set of those.

Sava Racing soft is quite Easy for me to get. But still. Not made in 16"

BTW. Take a look at some of these pictures. I drive the Blue/Black/red SR
www.stregen.dyndns.dk/Pic...0-%200316/ (http://www.stregen.dyndns.dk/Pictures/2003%20-%200316/)

jojy
04-03-2003, 12:58 PM
i like the malossi sonic:rollin:
what does the sms say?

iiph
04-05-2003, 01:44 AM
velo 16 -80 size is in thier catalogue ...

please tell us how that hebo pipe compare to other racing pipes ? i asume its hebo III /

with that tube welded to frame did you notice any improvement in handling ?

Velo
04-05-2003, 02:13 PM
It was his girlfriend asking what all this "scooter meet" was all about and what you could possibly at such a meet.

iiph. Year thanx. I noticed that. And Today I got a pair for my beo. Great grip!!

I do not Drive the "yellow" scoots. And didn't realy ask if the handling was improved. But they are pretty stiff when "chaking" them.

The Pipes are Hebo Racing something. And one of the dudes was swearing because the silincer what shaking to piaces. Other wise it is a acceptable racing pipe. Some where in the Evo class. But My opinion to. Lousy silincer.

tiba karotsu
04-05-2003, 07:46 PM
by ACCEPTABLE you mean it just barely passed your requirements?:eek:

Velo
04-06-2003, 11:25 AM
Acceptable in like. Give me one for free and I'll maybe use it.
I just don't like the look of it. Havn't tryed and compared it with other racing pipes. And some of the features it has is an old solution in my eyes.