PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Where are Ditech owners from?

TiminIndy
03-31-2005, 05:05 PM
I was reading the Aussie thread, and a topic came up that I've often wondered myself--where are Ditech owners from? It would be interesting to see Aprilia's data on how many are shipped where. From general internet searches, I am guessing that Germany and Holland have quite a few, though not necessarily on this forum. Please take a second to vote in the poll, then maybe drop us a post on what you have (SR50 or Scarabeo, Model, engine, set-up), and what you paid for it.

Edit: I was only allowed 10 choices, so I grouped Australia & New Zealand together to make room for 'Other'. No offense, Kiwis!

Edit 2009: Sorry that I can't include more countries or remove France & Germany. If you vote 'Other', please list your country - I will keep the tally below updated.

As of 7/5/10:

'OTHER' VOTERS

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Estonia 1
Faroe Islands Vatnsoyrar 1
Finland 4
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 1
Slovakia 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 4
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

sr_pete
04-01-2005, 02:50 AM
I'm gonna regret this, I know, but....

As an Australian I have no problem nor take any offence at being grouped with Kiwis. Similarly I can't see any reason why Kiwis would take offence at being grouped with us Australians. Apart from perhaps our Federal Government's spineless determination to lick Bush/US arse. Most Australians I know are ashamed to be part of "The coalition of the willing" and are sure that we have been led into a BS war for nothing more than cheap oil for fat yanks and further US economic imperialism and tyranny, whilst simultaneously being fucked up the arse by the US/Aus FTA (Free Trade Agreement).

Tim, please do not take my comments personally. I've seen your posts, you're a good guy. Truth is though that your government and electoral process stinks to high heaven and sadly the current Australian government is determined to follow.

Cheers,

Pete

TiminIndy
04-01-2005, 02:59 AM
Oh yeah? Come to the Biker Bar and say that! ;)

(Then why did you guys re-elect Howard?)

g0g0
04-01-2005, 03:56 AM
I live in a Hinterland area in South QLD ,Australia. I own a gallery about 3km from my house, so i use my Ditech sr50 '04 to get to the gallery each day. I fill the tank every 5 weeks or so. Its fantastic. it's detricted etc (ECU and washer thingy, no pipes or kits done though) it get me going avg speed 75-80 K's which is fast enough for the roads we have up here. I have other toys in the garage if I require real speed :)

mjemec
04-01-2005, 07:23 AM
How could you. Why didnt u write Slovenia?! :) There are 2 slovene here. :cool: I think.

TiminIndy
04-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Maybe I should replace Canada w/ Slovenia. I think the only Canuck we have lives in Australia now. I wanted to get Belgium in there too, but no room.

Edit: Oops--I forgot about Kyle Herder.

kenbong
04-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey - there's two more Canucks on deck to become owners that I know of - me and paradigm. Since we both bought our R-Factory's from the same store, we should be upping the Canadian content shortly. I just spoke to our Canadian distributor and they *should* be arriving in 3 weeks or so.

TiminIndy
04-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Welcome aboard!

Now I want to know why you bastids are getting the R Factory before the US!

aays888
04-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Ha, don't forget about this Aussie.

TiminIndy
04-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Ha, don't forget about this Aussie.

It looks like YOU forgot to vote. :)

aays888
04-01-2005, 06:05 PM
I just did, gee's your quick :bond: .

Haribolman
04-01-2005, 08:03 PM
I live in a Hinterland area in South QLD ,Australia.

That's funny, so do I!! On a couple of acres.

Well, Aussies are at 42% and counting. What a determined bunch we are!!

g0g0
04-01-2005, 10:46 PM
That's funny, so do I!! On a couple of acres.

Well, Aussies are at 42% and counting. What a determined bunch we are!!

Yeah I'm on about 30, got some grapes and olive tree's planted just as a hobby.... Keeps me out of trouble :)

TiminIndy
04-03-2005, 04:22 PM
:bump:

It's a dead heat with the Aussies and the Yanks. Come on, Yanks!

TiminIndy
04-04-2005, 10:59 AM
My apologies to the Slovenians. If I could, I would replace France with Slovenia. I believe there are at least three of you, or maybe four. I see that Demo has not voted, and he is from Slovenia.

mjemec
04-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Shame on him :)
Slovenia rules! :)

Demo
04-04-2005, 02:22 PM
How could you. Why didnt u write Slovenia?! :) There are 2 slovene here. :cool: I think.

3 if you count me in :)

TiminIndy
04-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Are all these "Other" guys Slovenian?

ast, Demo, Jebediah, Maza, mjemec

mjemec
04-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Nope. Maza is from Finland (i found that in his profile) and for ast i dont know. But i doubt hes from Slovenia.

aays888
04-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Well it is neck and neck between the Aussie's and Yank's, but if it is going to go by our swimmers Olympic performances, the Aussie's will WIN :bond: but it will be very close.

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Oy Oy Oy

Maza
04-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Nope. Maza is from Finland (i found that in his profile) and for ast i dont know. But i doubt hes from Slovenia.
Yep, a finn. Where is Slovenia anyway? :rolleyes:

I found my way here by google, cause this forum is more informative than finnish forum www.motot.net (which I use more active), because of the knowing users. Tack för dem.

mjemec
04-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Tipical... Nobody knows where Slovenia is. :)
http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/Maps/Europe.htm
(number 13, above Croatia, under Austria, Italy on the West, Hungary on the East). Capital of Slovenia is Ljubljana. Slovenia has about 2 mil inhabitants. AND WE ARE NOT SLOVAKIA!!!
;)

Maza
04-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Relax man, noticed that rolleye-smily? ;) No worries, I've been on my geography-lessons.

TiminIndy
04-05-2005, 08:25 PM
I'd like to live in a country some day where the name of the country doesn't fit on the map of it.

mjemec
04-06-2005, 06:22 AM
Relax man, noticed that rolleye-smily? ;) No worries, I've been on my geography-lessons.
I know. I just wrote those things so everybody would know where Slovenia is. ;)

@TiminIndy: there are some good and some bad things with small countries... For instance:
- PayPal doesnt support us so our shoping on ebay is pretty limited etc.
+ We dont have terrorist threats and that stuff...
We re getting more known now we re in European Union. But some people still mix us with Slovakia. :plus:
But i cant complain to much cause we live quite good if you compare it with Croatia and other southern and eastern european countries. I think we are on the same level as Austria or Italy just smaller.

MultiplexMan
04-07-2005, 01:51 AM
mjemec,

Yeah I know what it's like getting your country confused - just like Australia and Austria! I mean it's an easy mistake - we 'just speak different languages and are in different hemispheres on the planet, one group wear lederhosen the others board shorts...

MultiplexMan :aussie:

Reecho
04-07-2005, 09:51 AM
came in at the right time then...... :)

SiR50
04-07-2005, 12:30 PM
...from Pittsburgh, PA. I have a fully de-restricted 2002 Ditech with just about 9,000 miles on the clock, completely stock except for 5.9g rollers and a kevlar belt. We have LOTS of hills around here, so top-end speed is not as high a priority as low-end grunt, hence the really light rollers. The stock exhaust is (from what I've gathered...) the best for this type of set-up, even if it is an anchor. I still see the high side of 50mph, though.

I really want to re-paint my bike in a fighter-plane replica scheme, either a P-51 Mustang (complete with b/w D-Day invasion stripes...) or an A-10 in flat grey with the sharks mouth/teeth and all. What do you think?

mjemec
04-07-2005, 05:32 PM
mjemec,

Yeah I know what it's like getting your country confused - just like Australia and Austria! I mean it's an easy mistake - we 'just speak different languages and are in different hemispheres on the planet, one group wear lederhosen the others board shorts...

MultiplexMan :aussie:
So how is it going down under in Austria :)

deathwest
04-08-2005, 10:22 AM
I am from Switzerland, between France, Germany, Italy and Austria

Dragster pilota
04-09-2005, 03:29 AM
timindy in da huse:
Where are Ditech owners from?

DP says: Mosta Hill in Sweden......

dam718
04-09-2005, 05:27 PM
I am in crummy Groton, Connecticut, USA... In the northeast New England area of the US right on the North Shore of the Long Island sound east of New York City.

It's cold and miserable here 6 months out of the year, then hot and miserable for the other 6 months... go figure

My SR-50 is a 2001 DiTech Troy Corser SBK Replica that I had shipped to me when I lived in Hawaii from Mototek Aprilia in Austin, TX. It has the following performance items:

Polini 2G Clutch
Malossi Kevlar Belt
5.9G Rollers (Stock Variator)

Fully de-restricted with I believe 2.7 (Maybe 2.8.1) software in developer mode. (8 second fuel pump prime)

It runs pretty well... 50 - 55 MPH on flats, and 60-65 downhill... All by the speedo, so adjust accordingly...

The uphill performance is pretty crappy, but as soon as I can find one, I plan to install the Polini 70cc Big Bore kit, so that should help with the uphill performance.

It has a brand new top end (cylinder, head, and piston), fuel pump, injector, and rear shock... I guess I abused it a little too much in it's younger days! :rolleyes:

g0g0
04-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Has anyone actually ridden in the snow with these... we dont get snow here, the coldest it gets here at my place is about 10deg c, and thats FREEZING for around here. mostly if it gets below 20deg c around here is classed as cold, and that really what we call winter. so anyway, back to the snow... has anyone ridden the sr50 in it... i assume it would be pretty mad?

TiminIndy
04-09-2005, 07:46 PM
It has the following performance items:

Polini 2G Clutch
Malossi Kevlar Belt
5.9G Rollers (Stock Variator)

Fully de-restricted with I believe 2.7 (Maybe 2.8.1) software in developer mode. (8 second fuel pump prime)

Stock exhaust? A new pipe will help your uphill climbs a lot with the right set-up.

Maza
04-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Has anyone actually ridden in the snow with these...
Been there, done that. ;)

I have driven two winters with my -01 ditech, this one it has rested in garage.
At best the temperatures dropped even to about -30 degrees C, and I can sure you, it's quite cold for driving. Of course I'm wearing proper clothing, mostly snowsled accessories, but the frost is still biting.
Ditech starts quite well, if temperatures are above -10 degrees (and the battery is ok), but when it gets colder I've taken it in to the garage for a night. And of course then when I'm not leaving anywhere in the morning.

But driving itself, it's a lot of fun. Slides, slides, and even more slides - there's no other way. And yes, I've fallen over for countless times. :rolleyes:

TiminIndy
04-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Stock exhaust? A new pipe will help your uphill climbs a lot with the right set-up.

There's a Leo Vince RR for a Ditech on e-bay right now. Bidding is at $75 and it ends in 24 hours. (I'm not affiliated w/ seller in any way, but it looks like a good deal. Same exhaust is usually ~$175 or so retail.)

deathwest
04-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Has anyone actually ridden in the snow with these... we dont get snow here, the coldest it gets here at my place is about 10deg c, and thats FREEZING for around here. mostly if it gets below 20deg c around here is classed as cold, and that really what we call winter. so anyway, back to the snow... has anyone ridden the sr50 in it... i assume it would be pretty mad?

Yeah, I have driven in the snow with my ditech, that's shit, you can't accelerate too fast otherwise the back tires get away, you can't brake or just a little, you drive at 20 km/h and up a hill you have a lot of problems because it skates on the snow, but it goes.

I fall one time this winter in 110 km

potholedodger
04-19-2005, 12:05 AM
Back in December away went the scooters and out came the snowboards. We tried to hold out for as long as we could, but driving is dangerous enough in this town in dry weather. The Vespa's were out early for spring training, but now it's time for Aprilia to rule the streets again in Beantown! Our starting line-up:

- red '01 SR50 w/ 2800 miles and de-restricted including v2.7 software (mine)
- "acid lemon" '02 Scarabeo w/ 3600 miles and de-restricted (my girl's)
- orange '02 Scarabeo de-restricted (my Finnish friend Paivi's, who lives and works here in Bahston).
- orange Scarabeo that I have seen running around Arlington and Cambridge, but I have not met the rider.
- blue Scarabeo 50 "Street" (carb version) that I see often in Brookline.

I will post a Boston Aprilia team photo soon. None of us have had any mods done, but I want to do a 70cc kit on the lemon Scab soon. I guess you could count us as 4 votes for the USA, and maybe 1 for Suomi, if I could ever get everyone to register on this forum! So far only the vote for my SR has been tallied.

Off the subject, I also just picked up a black '03 Piaggio BV200 w/ 6k miles off ebay in March from a guy in RI, some of you may have seen it for sale. Before you all attack me for buying a Piaggio, I could not find a dealer who knew anything about when the Aprilia Sportcity 200 will be available here, so when I found this I jumped at it. I am sad to report that my SR50 must now be sold. One of the scoots had to go and there was no convincing my girl to give up her Scab, especially since it was a gift from me! My heart is breaking, but now I commute on the freeway to work and I just can't afford three scoots. I really hope to sell to someone who will appreciate the SR50 for the class leading sport-scoot that it is. It is currently only posted for sale in this forum's classified section and on boston.craigslist.org

TiminIndy
04-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Back in December away went the scooters and out came the snowboards. We tried to hold out for as long as we could, but driving is dangerous enough in this town in dry weather. The Vespa's were out early for spring training, but now it's time for Aprilia to rule the streets again in Beantown! Our starting line-up:

- red '01 SR50 w/ 2800 miles and de-restricted including v2.7 software (mine)
- "acid lemon" '02 Scarabeo w/ 3600 miles and de-restricted (my girl's)
- orange '02 Scarabeo de-restricted (my Finnish friend Paivi's, who lives and works here in Bahston).
- orange Scarabeo that I have seen running around Arlington and Cambridge, but I have not met the rider.
- blue Scarabeo 50 "Street" (carb version) that I see often in Brookline.

I will post a Boston Aprilia team photo soon. None of us have had any mods done, but I want to do a 70cc kit on the lemon Scab soon. I guess you could count us as 4 votes for the USA, and maybe 1 for Suomi, if I could ever get everyone to register on this forum! So far only the vote for my SR has been tallied.

Off the subject, I also just picked up a black '03 Piaggio BV200 w/ 6k miles off ebay in March from a guy in RI, some of you may have seen it for sale. Before you all attack me for buying a Piaggio, I could not find a dealer who knew anything about when the Aprilia Sportcity 200 will be available here, so when I found this I jumped at it. I am sad to report that my SR50 must now be sold. One of the scoots had to go and there was no convincing my girl to give up her Scab, especially since it was a gift from me! My heart is breaking, but now I commute on the freeway to work and I just can't afford three scoots. I really hope to sell to someone who will appreciate the SR50 for the class leading sport-scoot that it is. It is currently only posted for sale on Craigslist (w/ pics): http://boston.craigslist.org/mcy/68195024.html

I didn't think they were bringing the Sportcity 200 here.

potholedodger
04-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Tim,
Some of the dealers had not even heard of the Sportcity 200 so I did not hear one way or the other if it will be sold here. I was just HOPING it would be. I see plenty of the new Vespa GT200 models zipping around here so I think a new, larger cc scoot would sell very well. Especially since the Scarabeo 150/200 is looking dated and feels HUGE when you ride it.

-Mike

TiminIndy
06-20-2005, 01:26 PM

If you haven't voted here, now is the time!

flyby
06-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Oslo, Norway here. Looks like there are quite a few Scandinavians here :funnypost

Cheers!!

Flyby :)

Chiisu
06-20-2005, 02:07 PM
I just added another vote for the Yanks.

I live in Denver, Colorado, the Mile High City. I got my 2006 SR-50 Factory R from Sportique Scooters (http://www.sportiquescooters.com/) for $3557.00 including dealer prep, sundry charges and sales taxes.

I'm a newbie to scooters. As a kid my family had numerous scooters and mini bikes, but I haven't owned one myself before. My mom had sweet Vespa Rally180. Almost every vacation I've taken outside the U.S. I've rented a scooter for getting around. With gas prices and insurance rates rising, and my need to commute about 10 miles a day, I thought that I would get a scooter.

Originally I was drawn to the Vespa ET2 because of it's retro-modern styling, but was disappointed by it's price/technical sophistication. So, I started looking around and the SR-50 seemed like the right bike for me.

TiminIndy
06-29-2005, 08:47 PM
I noticed that there's a few new Canucks and Yanks that haven't voted yet.

If you are so inclined, it is sometimes helpful to know where you are from, so feel free to put that info on your profile. ;)

dojostudio
06-29-2005, 10:42 PM
i had no clue till i voted that the majority is of US origin. i wonder which country has the most strict restrictions! (if there's a difference in the first place).

based on my experience, 30 mph is pretty damn restricted, if you ask me :)

TiminIndy
06-29-2005, 11:18 PM
This is the premier English speaking forum on the web for Aprilias, however, I read somewhere that over half of Aprilia's products are sold in Italy.

flyby
06-30-2005, 06:00 AM
I got my 2006 SR-50 Factory R from Sportique Scooters (http://www.sportiquescooters.com/) for $3557.00 including dealer prep, sundry charges and sales taxes.

Interesting that the price in the US are so close to our prices.
3,557 US Dollar = 23,322.5 Norwegian Kroner
I paid 24,500 for mine!!

Must be a weird coincidence cause everything cost a bloody fortune here :spankie:

Cheers!!

Edit: Typo

Oz Scooterboy
06-30-2005, 06:20 AM
i dont know what the conversion is but i got mine for $5200 australian which included 6mths registration and on road costs.

flyby
06-30-2005, 07:13 AM
5,200 Australian Dollar = 25,980.7 Norwegian Kroner = 3,962.40 US Dollar

Cheers!!

dojostudio
06-30-2005, 09:43 AM
This is the premier English speaking forum on the web for Aprilias, however, I read somewhere that over half of Aprilia's products are sold in Italy.

makes sense,

do you have a link for what would seem like the most popular (or most used) Italian forum for the SR50 ditech?

thanks tim.
cheers

speedless
06-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi im living in Denmark,have a 02 rbk ?
Morini motor,ring in variator removed.
65 km/t.(its a 30km/t ecu)
And the price,well it was used (1800 Km on the odo) 1800 euro.
Price of a 06 factory here is 3100 euro.(3800 us$)
Many happy miles/km
PS:Since France,Germany and Holland wont play in THIS forum,i like to
see scandinavia presented in the next poll

TiminIndy
06-30-2005, 01:02 PM
I wonder if there's a way to edit this poll. We need to add Scandinavia, Sweden, Slovania, Croatia, etc...

TOXIC
06-30-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm from Other.

kriden
07-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Just got around to seeing this post...sorry I didn't vote earlier.

I am from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I live in the suburbs and have owned one motorcycle (Suzuki GS-500) and six scooters in the past (Honda Elite 150's, two Chinese scooters).

June 24th, I got my SR-50 Factory from Crossroad Powersports in Upper Darby, PA and paid $3000 (tax, tags, prep included).

I got it to help with increasing gas prices and to go back and forth to work (12 miles round trip).

I have traveled to Europe and loved every country (backpacked with a friend WAY back in 1989). Favorite was Switzerland (Basel, Zurich, and Interlaken any many in between). Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Italy, & France…great countries one and all! I would love to travel to Europe again very soon.

Enjoy the forum and "hearing" from all of you guys.

benzina
08-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Heres an very interesting poll i found that deserves to be revived,and is definately in need of a good bump:bump: Perhaps even a Sticky.

benzina
08-21-2009, 08:08 AM
I wonder if there's a way to edit this poll. We need to add Scandinavia, Sweden, Slovania, Croatia, etc...

I have tallied all the individual countries that have registered as "OTHER'' in this poll...this way they get the individual recognition like the main ones in the chart,and the list can be continuously edited to add future ''OTHER'' poll voters. This will be easier to do, if ''Other'' voters also post the particular country they are from. Perhaps you can make a point of this in your first post.

So far,the list of countries registered in the ''OTHER'' are...

''OTHER'' COUNTRY VOTERS
Croatia 1
Denmark 2
Finland 1
Norway 1
Romania 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 2
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

NOTE: You can view exactly who registered, and where they are, simply by clicking on one of the tally numbers in the Poll chart.

NOTE: I think we all find the good polls like this very interesting ,therefor, perhaps it would be a good idea to have the quality popular polls such this one,and the 'Whats ˙our age?'' poll, to be always easily accessable and grouped together as sub-sticky's, under a headline sticky titled.... Sticky: ''SR50 DiTech POLLS''.

Grenadiers
08-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Here's another thought...I think we all find the good polls like this very interesting ,therefor, perhaps it would be a good idea to have the especially popular polls like this one,and the 'Whats ˙our age?'' poll, to be always easily accessable and grouped together as sub-sticky's, under a headline sticky at the top reading...
Sticky: ''SR50 DiTech POLLS''.

:plus:

I agree!! There are some great Polls and I'm sure that there will be more to come. To have them in one area would make finding them a lot easier and allow for on-going voting!

Once a Poll is identified by us, the users, as one to be added to a ''SR50 DiTech POLLS'', the Moderators can them include it...

Goodship1002
08-21-2009, 10:32 AM
UK all the way.

Dont get me wrong, i love all countries and cultures....

Supprised no germans have voted because Germans love scooters!

benzina
08-21-2009, 10:46 PM

I agree!! There are some great Polls and I'm sure that there will be more to come. To have them in one area would make finding them a lot easier and allow for on-going voting!

Once a Poll is identified by us, the users, as one to be added to a ''SR50 DiTech POLLS'', the Moderators can them include it...

Perfect!....I PM'd the Mod EnigmaDeadsouls, with request to bring this nice idea to life :)

benzina
08-22-2009, 09:18 PM
I'd love to get the sales figures of SR50 DiTech's sold in all the countries, from it's inception in 2000, to present.
Like Goodship1002 said,the Germans love their scooters,but they are also loved in Spain,Italy,France,the Netherlands & Greece.
This is why it would be very interesting in seeing the sales figures.

Grenadiers
08-22-2009, 10:14 PM
I'd love to get the sales figures of SR50 DiTech's sold in all the countries, from it's inception in 2000, to present.
Like Goodship1002 said,the Germans love their scooters,but they are also loved in Spain,Italy,France,the Netherlands & Greece.
This is why it would be very interested in seeing the sales figures.

:plus::plus:

I would also like to know what they pay for them over there (In US dollars).

They also seem to get a the REAL cool colour AND decal schemes too...

MeepMeep
08-23-2009, 06:27 AM
i was thinking of something similar the other day. like itf the guys at af1 tracked in a database where all the parts they shipped went to, you could somewhat figure out pretty accurately (at least in the us) where most of the ditechs are from with a simple access query. i know theres more in texas for example.....

benzina
08-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Mmmm, nows there's a lead. I'm thinking, Aprilia headquarters in Italy would have the entire sales statistics of every country that the SR50 DiTech has sold in, since it's inception in 2000 - present day. Now,our host, AF1 Racing, are big dealers in Aprilia,and therefor,would hold a lot of clout when requesting information from Aprilia headquarters, so perhaps 'Micah / AF1 Racing from Af1 Racing would be kind enough to request this very interesting market demographic information from them,and then post it here.
It would be so fascinating to see which countries have sold the most DiTechs. I think Micah is our best chance of getting through to Aprilia Headquarters with a positive result.

Where are DiTech owners from?
Here's another idea that would enhance this specific poll...Since this thread had unfortunately fell out of action for a few years,many would have missed voting on the poll, and so i wonder if their is a relatively easy way of finding out every DiTech members location that has ever logged on to this forum from the beginning,and list it here. That would reveal a nice juicy statistic,and it also might reveal a few numbers in those places that have yet to poll.

benzina
08-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Perfect!....I PM'd the Mod EnigmaDeadsouls, with request to bring this nice idea to life :)

Done! Many thanks EnigmaDeadsouls.... This will ensure the best polls continue to recieve the ongoing exposure they require to perform,and is a great asset to the forum we can always enjoy.:cheers:

Grenadiers
08-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Done! Many thanks EnigmaDeadsouls.... This will ensure the best polls continue to recieve the ongoing exposure they require to perform,and is a great asset to the forum we can always enjoy.:cheers:

:plus::plus::plus::plus:

benzina
08-23-2009, 08:43 PM
I have tallied all the individual countries that have registered as "OTHER'' in this poll...this way they also get the individual recognition,and the list can be continuously edited to add future ''OTHER'' poll voters.

So far,the list of countries registered in the ''OTHER'' are...

''OTHER'' COUNTRY LIST VOTERS
Croatia 1
Denmark 2
Finland 1
Norway 1
Romania 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 2
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

Request for TiminIndy In order to help make the ''OTHER'' country list continually evolve,and recieve individual recognition, could you put an EDIT note in your first post of this thread, requesting ''OTHER'' Country voters, to vote but ALSO POST which country they are from. This way,the above^^ ''OTHER'' Country voters list, can more easily be continually edited to grow,and give the poll truely worldwide depth.

DJ GT-S
08-23-2009, 09:01 PM
So hey Canada's not doing so bad ;)

Grenadiers
08-23-2009, 09:29 PM
So hey Canada's not doing so bad ;)

We need a few more thou, eh?

benzina
08-24-2009, 04:24 AM
Request for TiminIndy In order to help make the ''OTHER'' country list continually evolve,and recieve individual recognition, could you put an EDIT note in your first post of this thread, requesting ''OTHER'' Country voters, to vote but ALSO POST which country they are from. This way,the above^^ ''OTHER'' Country voters list, can more easily be continually edited to grow,and give the poll truely worldwide depth.

DONE! Thanks TiminIndy:)

miver
08-24-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm from Poland. :burnout:

TiminIndy
08-24-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm from Poland. :burnout:

:plus: added to the 'Other' list

benzina
08-24-2009, 09:12 PM
:plus: added to the 'Other' list

:cheers:
And just re-checking by going through each member that voted on the ''Other'' list again, i found another from Denmark i missed before, which takes them to 3 so far. Their are also three usernames in the list that do not have their location in there profile ,so i will pm them to try and get them to post it here so we can update the list 100%.

The updated & current list for ''OTHER'' country voters looks like this so far....

CROATIA 1
DENMARK 3
FINLAND 1
NORWAY 1
POLAND 1
ROMANIA 1
SLOVENIA 2
SWEDEN 2
SWITZERLAND 1
TURKEY 1

Micah / AF1 Racing
08-26-2009, 09:39 AM
It is pretty easy to get a reasonably accurate number for the USA. At the start of each model year VIN numbers will be shipped from 000001-000657 or whatever. I think the highest VIN I have ever seen on a late model Ditech was about 700 and the early 2001-2002's some up in the 1300 range. I think on average Aprilia probably sells less than 500 Ditech units a year in the USA but I have no way to prove the number. Motorcycle Industry Council may have actual numbers, but only if manufacturers report their sales to MIC and report accurately is the data valid.

This is a total guess but I think less than 6k total units are produced for worldwide consumption of the Ditech/Purejet on an annual basis?

benzina
08-26-2009, 08:30 PM
It is pretty easy to get a reasonably accurate number for the USA. At the start of each model year VIN numbers will be shipped from 000001-000657 or whatever. I think the highest VIN I have ever seen on a late model Ditech was about 700 and the early 2001-2002's some up in the 1300 range. I think on average Aprilia probably sells less than 500 Ditech units a year in the USA but I have no way to prove the number. Motorcycle Industry Council may have actual numbers, but only if manufacturers report their sales to MIC and report accurately is the data valid.

This is a total guess but I think less than 6k total units are produced for worldwide consumption of the Ditech/Purejet on an annual basis?

Micah / AF1 Racing...Since your an established major dealer for Aprilia, i figure you have the best chance of getting through, and obtaining statistical information from their headquarters. Therefor,could you please e-mail Aprilia Headquarters in Italy,and request the country by country worldwide sales figures of the SR50 DiTech/Purejets from their inception of 2000 - present day. They must have this marketing information lying around somewhere,and it would be fascinating for our DiTech forum to view. Pretty pleeese!!!:worship:

benzina
08-27-2009, 08:35 PM
:bump: for members that may have missed.

Member by member location results page so far....
www.apriliaforum.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=364

Grenadiers
08-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Keep the vote coming!! :bump:

benzina
08-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Looking through the usernames that have voted,i can see their are still many that i can think of,that have yet to register their vote. I wonder if their is a way sending a generic reminder PM message to help bring it to the attention of all our members. Still,at least now that it's also a sub-sticky,it will slowly,but surely,get the big numbers eventually.:)

benzina
08-31-2009, 08:22 AM
Updated list for ''OTHER'' country votes registered....

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Finland 1
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 2
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

Reminder to any ''Other'' country voters....Along with registering your vote,PLEASE also state your country with a post in this thread. This will make it easier to keep track and give your country recognition.Thankyou.:)

Note..It also helps if you have your country stated in your own profile,as i found some members did not,which is why the total number above, does not quite match the total number of ''OTHER'' votes,YET. If you find this may apply to you, then again, please state your country here by post. Thanks.

sparow
09-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Yehh one more Aussie hehe

Grenadiers
09-01-2009, 02:39 PM
The one thing that would be nice with these polls is a "total" at the bottom... I know it wouldn't apply to all polls, but to some like this and the Age poll, it would be nice.

Grenadiers
09-18-2009, 11:57 AM

Keep then votes coming!!

benzina
09-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Updated list for the ''OTHER'' country votes registered....

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Finland 1
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 3
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

Reminder to any ''Other'' country voters....Along with registering your vote,PLEASE also state your country with a post in this thread. This will make it easier to keep track and give your country recognition.Thankyou.:)

Note..It also helps if you have your country stated in your own profile,as i found some members did not,which is why the total number above, does not quite match the total number of ''OTHER'' votes,YET. If you find this may apply to you, then again, please state your country here by post. Thanks.

''OTHER'' country voters list above, has been updated with a new Swedish vote added.

onu123
09-26-2009, 05:44 AM
Other - Estonia.

benzina
09-26-2009, 08:00 AM
UPDATED : ''Other'' country voters list/tally.

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Estonia 1
Finland 1
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 3
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

AF1-Racer
09-26-2009, 05:20 PM
There other people form Holland here too?? cool

Grenadiers
09-26-2009, 05:25 PM
There other people form Holland here too?? cool

And a few displaced too... I'm Dutch - Canadian... Both my parents were born in Holland.

AF1-Racer
09-26-2009, 05:27 PM
thats quite funny. So you speak dutch?

I'm the only dutch rider on the RS section

Grenadiers
10-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Where are all the Canadian riders?? I know that there are more out there!!!

Let's keep those votes comming!!!

Also time for a bump... :bump:

TiminIndy
10-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Where are all the Canadian riders?? I know that there are more out there!!!

Ohhh, Canada!

http://www.upitall.com/Public/Pictures/1aniCanadabikini.gif

Grenadiers
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Ohhh, Canada!

http://www.upitall.com/Public/Pictures/1aniCanadabikini.gif

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Särräde
10-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Yeah, now this forum has two Finnish =)

benzina
10-12-2009, 07:49 AM
UPDATED ''Other'' Country Register

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Estonia 1
Finland 2
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 4
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

benzina
10-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Noticed a quite a few newbie's join recently.... So as a reminder to the newbie's,please cast your vote in this Country demographic Poll, and let us know where in the world you are.

Grenadiers
11-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Noticed a quite a few newbie's join recently.... So as a reminder to the newbie's,please cast your vote in this Country demographic Poll, and let us know where in the world you are.

extreme67
11-15-2009, 04:30 AM
I´m from Sweden Stockholm.

Best regards Mikael

benzina
11-15-2009, 06:31 AM
UPDATED : ''OTHER'' country register.

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Estonia 1
Finland 2
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 5
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

AM KUIT
11-15-2009, 01:09 PM
I must have missed this poll, probably riding, I will let you ride my SR if you guess my Nationality . We are all from somewhere else.

Grenadiers
11-19-2009, 01:23 PM

For the newbies...

skymik
12-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Jersey, Channel islands, UK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2jJBG_44BI&feature=player_embedded)
For you folks who didn't do geography at school it is a small island in the English channel, a stone throw from the coast of France.
I am however Italian :) !!

Grenadiers
12-22-2009, 12:25 PM

Keep them votes comming!!

TiminIndy
12-31-2009, 05:58 AM
UPDATED : ''OTHER'' country register.

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Estonia 1
Finland 2
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 5
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

I updated this to the front page. This 'Other' list adds up to 21, but we have 27 'Other' voters...

mrhack
02-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Plainfield, IL USA

Grenadiers
03-23-2010, 09:09 PM
For the Newbies....

Keep them votes coming!!

Zoo SR
03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Im from the UK. Not been on here since 2007. Im BACK

Grenadiers
03-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Im from the UK. Not been on here since 2007. Im BACK

Welcome back!!

Don't forget to check out our other Polls!!

Grenadiers
04-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Don't forget to vote!!

benzina
04-07-2010, 04:14 AM
:bump: for the newbie's. :cheers:

NOTE : Please don't forget, if you vote ''other'' country,then please also name and post the country your in, so that we can add it to the ''Other'' country list on the main page.

Just a thought..i think it would be good if the Polls could be accessed via a sticky on the main page. This would give the polls the constant exposure they crave,in order to operate to there maximum potential.
There would still only be four sticky's all up on the main page,and i would think thats reasonable. Polls are really clear and interesting... Gotta love these polls :)

Krash
04-07-2010, 05:00 PM
From Vancouver B.C. here =)

benzina
04-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Interesting....still knowone from France yet.

Revival
05-06-2010, 09:22 PM
vancouver BC =) 2006 SR50 Ditech

Grenadiers
05-06-2010, 09:25 PM
vancouver BC =) 2006 SR50 Ditech

Don't forget the other Polls we have running!!!

Culverin
05-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Which all seem to be from Vancouver for some odd reason. :)

2009 SR50 Factory

jamfred774
05-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Denver Colorado USA!

Grenadiers
05-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Denver Colorado USA!

Don't forget the other polls!!

jms
05-21-2010, 11:56 AM
One from the "Others" category here, Finland :p:

benzina
05-21-2010, 08:17 PM
UPDATED : "Other" Country Register

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Estonia 1
Finland 3
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 4
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

dms196636
05-26-2010, 07:10 PM
pennsylvania,usa here

deejaymax
07-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Slovakia (not slovenia) :)

benzina
07-05-2010, 09:02 AM

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Estonia 1
Finland 3
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 1
Slovakia 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 4
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

jesi
07-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Finland!

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ

benzina
07-05-2010, 07:40 PM

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Estonia 1
Finland 4
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 1
Slovakia 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 4
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

Flomer
07-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Sweden

benzina
07-15-2010, 07:46 PM

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Estonia 1
Finland 4
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 1
Slovakia 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 5
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

Grenadiers
08-24-2010, 07:54 AM

For all the Newbies!!

Please add your voice!

Grenadiers
11-25-2010, 02:48 PM

:banana:Keep them votes comming!!!!:banana:

Zurby
11-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Spinnin my wheels str8 from Romania :))
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2785/dasdasdap.png

They see me rollin
They hatin
Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty :)))

benzina
11-25-2010, 07:22 PM

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Estonia 1
Finland 4
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 2
Slovakia 1
Slovenia 2
Sweden 5
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

High Gain Tuning
11-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Are these part of the 198 ?

benzina
11-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Yup...these guys have voted in the ''Other'' country ,thus adding to the full 198 vote.
Unfortunately, some have forgot to also post their country so we can add it to the list for recognition,and this is why the numbers you see in the 'other' country list,does'nt quite match the total voted for the 'other' country.

usfafa
11-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Hello, one from Germany!!
Factory Piaggio Purejet 07

Zan
11-29-2010, 09:54 AM
From Slovenia .. 2009 Piaggio Engine :p:

benzina
11-29-2010, 07:06 PM

Croatia 2
Denmark 3
Estonia 1
Finland 4
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 2
Slovakia 1
Slovenia 3
Sweden 5
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

Lehmann
12-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Hello from Denmark, on my homemade SKR Purejet 2003 engine. Also have a Runner Purejet for 11Hp. race on track by inspiration from here. Also homemade. :)

benzina
12-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Welcome to the forum Lehmann :peace:

Croatia 2
Denmark 4
Estonia 1
Finland 4
Norway 1
Poland 1
Romania 2
Slovakia 1
Slovenia 3
Sweden 5
Switzerland 1
Turkey 1

dyhorus
12-22-2010, 03:01 PM
And to be a little more specific .... check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnJrPSbilCE&feature=player_embedded
It won't be a waste of time, I promise

High Gain Tuning
12-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Can you ship me some of that "Excellent Beer" ?

dyhorus
12-22-2010, 04:15 PM
We have many brands with tradition and... I'll see what I can do....
But you can also do this http://www.econnect-usa.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=C&Category_Code=AB the second is URSUS on of the finest and I'm sure there are plenty of places that has it near you

Zurby
01-24-2011, 04:07 PM
What's up with that Good Beer man?
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1175.snc4/154757_144139525638413_100001270992642_272819_8110 971_n.jpg

I4Tang
07-06-2011, 09:55 PM
09 SR50 and 05 Scarab Ditech

benzina
08-02-2011, 06:16 AM
:bump: for the newbie's....:peace:

Grenadiers
09-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Keep the votes comming!!

Wok
10-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Just voted.

2002 Sr50. Still turns heads, not sure if it is the 2 stroke sound or just because it is a cool scooter to have. Used to ride RG250's and RZ350's before it and it is still as much fun without the top speed.:worship:

Aprilia sr50 02
01-17-2012, 06:59 PM
NO way I have not seen 21 Aussies on here. I've maybe seen 3.

Johnsr50
01-17-2012, 07:48 PM
I just added myself to the Canada total. We're now up to 35 eh.
Making a charge to close the gap and the United States bunch are looking over their shoulder now I bet.
Ok, ok, ok. Truth be known, our friends south of the border aren't worried all that much.

Haribolman
01-17-2012, 10:20 PM

There used to be more. Many have sold their bikes.

Emu
01-17-2012, 10:23 PM
G'day everyone,
Bought a Black 2006 SR50 Factory November last year with 6000kms on it...bloody awesome.
I haven't pulled the variator out to identify rollers or anything but it does 80KPH (according to the digi dash) so I am guessing the variator spacer restriction has been removed, as for the ECU being restricted...unknown. The only mod I can tell you about so far is a chrome Leo Vince ZX exhaust.
I live Varsity Lakes on the Gold Coast QLD and only use my scooter to go to the train station at Robina Monday through Friday..maybe a quick spin on the weekend...never enough time.
Soon I will post some photos and make myself a decent signature and get amongst it.
A quick question guys, what is the best 2 stroke oil to use for the conditions here in QLD? I went to the Aprillia/Suzuki dealer and they sold me a bottle of Motul and they reckon that is recommended for the Ditech engine. After reading through this forum and FAQ's regarding 2T oils, the verdict is out as to which one and not many are praising Motul.
Cheers for now

Haribolman
01-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Soon I will post some photos and make myself a decent signature and get amongst it.
A quick question guys, what is the best 2 stroke oil to use for the conditions here in QLD? I went to the Aprillia/Suzuki dealer and they sold me a bottle of Motul and they reckon that is recommended for the Ditech engine. After reading through this forum and FAQ's regarding 2T oils, the verdict is out as to which one and not many are praising Motul.
Cheers for now

Varsity Lakes, eh? About a 15 minute ride from my home in Currumbin Valley!

About the only oil most people would consistently recommend to NOT USE is the Motul! Geez, was it the guys at Burleigh that recommended it? I hope it wasn't Graig in Spare Parts, he should know better than that! Go to BigW at Stocklands and get one litre of Castrol Power1 TTS Racing oil. About $28. In the Auto section. In a few months after it's worked it's way through you'll hopefully notice the bike running even better!!

Emu
01-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the reply Haribolman, yep it sure was one of the guys at Burleigh that recommended the Motul. I will pop into BigW and get myself some of the Castrol Power1 TTS you mentioned, thanks again mate.

Haribolman
01-18-2012, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the reply Haribolman, yep it sure was one of the guys at Burleigh that recommended the Motul. I will pop into BigW and get myself some of the Castrol Power1 TTS you mentioned, thanks again mate.

That's fine. This thread is getting off topic, so I'll keep it brief. I've known the guys at Burleigh for 10 years, but the only three constants have been the owner and his wife and Craig. The others come and go, as in any business. I remember one time someone there said that Aprilia recommended Silkolene or something similar as the oil to use! I actually did use it for some time, but there's no doubt, the Castrol rocks!

oluckymana
02-15-2012, 12:43 AM
...I want to participate in this but I don't seem to be able to easily source a scooter locally....I will just have to bide my time....any of you Aussie guys get wind of a Factory being sold....don't hesitate to PM me....:worship:

Rosscofat
02-15-2012, 12:47 AM
From Australia Originally now in Vancouver Canada

lvr1ch
04-29-2012, 01:58 PM
I am the first from LATVIA !! :peace:

Snugg
04-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Where is Latvia? Can you share any pictures of the area?

lvr1ch
04-29-2012, 03:10 PM

lvr1ch
04-29-2012, 03:12 PM
This is capital - Riga. :lol:

http://www.fotoskrydis.lt/failai/panorama/old/index2.html

Rosscofat
04-29-2012, 06:26 PM
LOL its there apparently

Johnsr50
04-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Beautiful city lvr1ch.
Arturs Irbe, a well respected goalie in the NHL for many years, and played for the Sharks and the Canucks (and others) was from Riga.
If memory serves, his NHL career was cut short a bit when his dog mauled his hand really badly during an off-season.

lvr1ch
04-30-2012, 02:33 AM
We have a few players from Latvia who are playing in NHL. (Daugavins, Ivanans - :nutts: and other).. So this player number is very simmilar to number, how much Diteches we have in all Latvia. I think that i will be the first guy who will put some 70cc cylinder. :D

But before that i need to fix my ride. - http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?249601-Ditech-starting-problem

Snugg
04-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Watched a documentary last night about Faroe Islands. There were a few SR50R's and SR50R Factory scoots in it! Haven't seen anybody post from there yet though.

TiminIndy
04-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Watched a documentary last night about Faroe Islands. There were a few SR50R's and SR50R Factory scoots in it! Haven't seen anybody post from there yet though.

PallOlavsson (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/member.php?28347-PallOlavsson) & JinXed_69 (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/member.php?15574-JinXed_69) are both from the Faroe Islands. Looks like Pall must be living in the US now.

Grenadiers
05-08-2012, 09:06 AM

For the Newbies!!

Cast your vote!!

oluckymana
05-09-2012, 03:25 AM
...I can finally vote in this poll....picked up a pretty tidy '06 SR50 DiTech with a Polini BBK.....still running it in but shows a lot of fun potential....:happy::happy:

701let
06-15-2012, 07:43 PM

Where in brisbane are you from?

701let
06-15-2012, 07:45 PM

Where in bris?

dfxdig
06-16-2012, 01:44 AM
i bought my first "moped" from some clown 20 miles away. it was a chinese "peace sports". what model, i could not say, but the manual that came with it was quite interesting to say the least.
if i get bored i'll scan a few pages and post them.
anyway, i loved it, crap performance and all. so i looked around and read reviews.
in south carolina, all you have to have is a plate on the back that reads "moped". no registration, no insurance, no helmet. i'll take semi free any day!

Aprilia sr50 02
06-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Where in bris?

I'm from Logan City, southside.

dfxdig
06-16-2012, 09:41 AM
This is capital - Riga. :lol:

http://www.fotoskrydis.lt/failai/panorama/old/index2.html

wow, that's cool. what a head rush. made me dizzy for a moment. i bet riding in europe is accepted more than here in the states. nice to hear from you bro.

lenko223
06-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Lenko, Serbia- 2 x Ditech-Morini; Stealth - Minarelli.

Grenadiers
01-08-2013, 12:30 PM

For all the Newbies...

Trumby69
01-08-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm from Townsville, Australia
Currently own 2 x '05 SR50R Factory DiTech....

does that count as two votes? :)

Haribolman
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM
I'm from Townsville, Australia
Currently own 2 x '05 SR50R Factory DiTech....

does that count as two votes? :)

Here in Qld, that counts as about 20 votes these days!!

Trumby69
01-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Here in Qld, that counts as about 20 votes these days!!

Now all I need is an Aprilia Dealer / Service Agent less than 4hrs away .....
Can't find anybody closer than Cairns willing to even service these things :(

tphfreax
01-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Greetings from germany, capital berlin)
I had 4x purejets, and relay happy to have ;)

frane1012
02-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Croatia